Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense’s job is too defend, object, resist, protect their client. Especially if they suspect or know he’s guilty. Of course they want to eliminate him, but they can’t. They don’t even want to take the risk of a test result going the wrong way for them.
I just wondered since it will ultimately be done in the end, why object in the first place? The test will be done either way so how will it affect the results? How can they get the measurements of a palm print wrong?

The 4th Amendment to the US Constitution (applicable to the state’s via the 14th amendment), prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures. He’s arguing that the State lacks probable cause and this is an unreasonable request violative of the 4th/14th amendments. He does not want to comply until the State makes a more detailed explanation as to why they want his DNA, prints, picture, and palm prints.
Gee, that's kind of a no-brainer, isn't it.

Very interesting, but I think there is exceedingly difficult evidence for the hypothetical defense to overcome, should no further evidence be available. It is almost superhuman to go from the complete and utter devastation of finding that your wife just murdered the kids that he says are his life to a cold, calculated cover up from your rage induced murdering of your wife, by the same means used to kill your children. Since we are assuming only facts currently available in this scenario, there would be no clear evidence of who killed the children, completely due to their disposal in crude oil for days at our client's hands. The prosecution would argue that the entire story is the only one that a cornered guilty man could come up with to mitigate his culpability, a man who lies to the police, friends, family, a worried public, to deflect blame entirely, and then when caught red handed and has to figure out a way out of the mess he created, came up with yet a new story to fit the evidence. I just do not think a reasonable jury would take kindly to the idea that a man who go from absolute rage to singular minded, cold, calculated, rehearsed cover up within one hour. The (chillingly proactive) messages by text and call to his dead wife that morning (within just hours of this nightmare scenario) and the calm plea for someone in the public to come forward would be so very damning. Moreover, as many have stated here, the dumping of the bodies of the girls he claimed were his life (in media interview) in crude oil, separately, will be another huge hurdle for anyone to relate. Last, not calling 911 when everyone knows that medics can work miracles we mere non-medic mortals simply cannot to try and save children that by his own story died within moments of his notice is another hurdle. Add in the affair and an expert for the prosecution on how seemingly normal fathers have been known to annihilate when financial and affair issues were present, and I think I'd be loathe to have the job of putting on his defense...not because I thought he was guilty (everyone deserves a rigorous defense) but because, given the facts that we know and those only, it is an incredibly uphill, herculean job. I think the story of a jilted woman killing her children is feasible, perhaps even the rage killing immediately after (assuming he contends he tried to save them and she was fighting him) ...BUT it's the nexus of these events followed by an immediate cold, calculated, unemotional and singularly focused cover up that is just a bridge too far to sell. Just IMO. I completely understand trying to present someone afraid, cornered, searching for a way out of the mess in his story - but despite what many here believe was a botched cover up by him (and it was), there are too many elements of calm, calculated, and cold in the immediate aftermath to get a jury to relate to this man's story. They need to see themselves in his situation and see how they could do it or their husband could do it given the story...and I just do not think that most people will find it relatable and, hence, believable. But what a great exercise! What does everyone else think?

I think you nailed it.

For the WS legal experts, what are the chances that the Prosecution will be granted their request to keep the autopsies sealed from the public up until trial?

Is it possible that the autopsies will never be released publicly even during trial?

Do you think the Defense has seen the autopsies at this point in time?

I understand the hand and palm print requests but can anyone explain why the Prosecutors want a cheek swab? What would be a possible reason? Is it just for dna evidence or could there be some other reason for a cheek swab? TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
The 4th Amendment to the US Constitution (applicable to the state’s via the 14th amendment), prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures. He’s arguing that the State lacks probable cause and this is an unreasonable request violative of the 4th/14th amendments. He does not want to comply until the State makes a more detailed explanation as to why they want his DNA, prints, picture, and palm prints.
Lol! It is like a choreographed dance, isn't it?

So the "dummy" version for me.....he wants to see what they've got on him? Do you see family influence in this or just normal legal pattycake?

Thank you for this! Are you able to explain the portions (too long to quote) where they are asking for a law change and if the court finds the request constitutional asking the court to defer to the Colorado constitution? This confused me.

It seems early to me since no kid sleeps for 12 hours straight. So 6:30 means your kid will be wide awake at 2am or something. Jmo.
God blessed me richly with a child who slept 12 hours every night from about a month old on. Didn't matter bedtime. She got 12 hours.

2nd child only got about 12 hours a week, unfortunately.

Can someone please give me a quick recap ? I have been gone for 5 hours. I really appreciate it. TIA.

Hazelnutty, I think you described my kids!!!

No, but if it’s fair game to speculate what something on FB indicates about the poster and we’re allowed to criticize a victim here because of what a proven liar has said about them, then I think it’s fair if we choose to assume whatever a dead victim posts on facebook directly is the truth.

Boom. Mic drop.

That's what I ascertained from the motion too. Do you feel the defense want the State to show their hand so to speak?

A loving parent supposedly seeing one baby blue on a baby monitor and another being strangled would panic... and call 911 while attempting to save their lives. MOO

An innocent parent on panic mode will SCREAM, call 911, yell for help from the neighbors. Others has posted here their reaction to the sudden death of their babies while at home. Maybe I should add they behaved like loving parents and screamed for assistance, because their babies well being was more precious than their reputation/image. Innocent people behave that way. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke