Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just speaking as a juror perspective <modsnip>, not trying to ruffle your feathers . I am saying personally I like motive. I like physical evidence and we don’t know that yet . Human emotion reaction is a tricky thing . It would not be a guilty vote for me thus far based upon him lying and probability of guilt . It would Be a guilty vote for you so I’m not here to change your opinion nor anyone’s I’m here to learn from others insight to answer the things that don’t make sense to me

Seems like, since the introduction of the CSI Effect, the place of strong, circumstantial evidence has been demoted to that of a non-essential bit-player. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
But we have been shown again and again where men with none of these issues have murdered their families. SP came across as a loving husband who was looking forward to the birth of his child, yet he murdered his heavily pregnant wife and weighed her down with cement and threw her body in the ocean.

Yep, and I think SP's reasons for doing such an awful thing were the same as CW's - a pregnant wife,bored & tired of being tied down to one woman, in a marriage, had a new squeeze, and just wanted something different. Each one of them, IMO, thought he was smart enuff to pull it off. Each one failed.

I have never declared bankruptcy but I think if I had, I would live in the smallest place I could and put myself on a super strict budget. I remember one month I only ate ramen noodles while trying to pay bills - going to college and working part time jobs. I did not even have a credit card back then. My rent, child care and apartment rent took almost all of my income. To this day, I do not eat Ramen noodles.

Seems like, since the introduction of the CSI Effect, the place of strong, circumstantial evidence has been demoted to that of a red-headed stepchild (no offense to these individuals intended, of course). JMO
True. “If it walks like a duck....give me DNA or I don’t believe it’s a duck.”

That’s the effect of tv on a jury in some cases.

I think he would know the size. He was a car mechanic and I think size of stuff is probably second nature.

Why do you think he put her in a shallow grave? Couldn’t he push her off of the side of a mountain or is there nothing like that?
The terrain looks pretty flat in their area.

After the early shut down last night, I went and took a second look at a few FB videos where CW plays with the girls and also where CW and SW are laughing together over the girls. It is just amazing to me that over the years when I have heard people close to a guilty person say something to the effect that "they were such a good guy!" I always doubted that they knew what to look for or were in denial (or did not know them that well). Not that these videos show us all or anything....but it is a window to see just how genuinely normal (for lack of a better word) or even loving/caring someone can appear who could go on to commit something so horrific. If he lacked empathy all along, living that lie was Oscar winning IMO. In these snippets, it truly does not appear hollow to me.
I did the same and I agree. I see two young parents but in those short moments for the most part he looks all in.

Hi everyone,
I’ve been lurking for awhile and decided to jump in! I appreciate the open vibe the group has and I can usually understand all sides of the argument. Personally, I agree that Shan’ann had nothing to do with killing her babies. I do believe her to be completely innocent. That being said, has anyone suspected that little Nico may not have been CWs? Or that CW suspected that the baby was not his? Could this have been the straw that broke it for him and caused a rage? I do know that one of the prosecution requests was for a buccal cheek swab which is handy for predicting paternity DNA in potential fathers. Could they be testing for paternity as well? Just a thought! So happy to be here but sad for this situation

Welcome! While I don't believe there is even the slightest possibility that Nico was not CW's child, I think they will test for paternity just as a matter of course. Many have pointed out that the prosecution seems to be taking a belt and suspenders approach to the case and they will want to have that fact locked down.

Seems like, since the introduction of the CSI Effect, the place of strong, circumstantial evidence has been demoted to that of a red-headed stepchild (no offense to these individuals intended, of course). JMO
Except in the CSI Effect one usually has a cause of death from the onset.

I think CW was part of SW's team.

I see CW's role was that he was a model of success for weight loss, body transformation that SW used in her posts. The posts I saw on CW's Twitter (maybe FB) were mostly about the Steelers. It was his Instagram that had Thrive posts on it with photos. I think SW wrote those. They sounded more like her voice than his.
It was about how he had energy after work and ran 5 miles, etc.
It seems to me that deleting his FB was like cutting the cord from SW, and added to the snowball effect of bad vibes between them all week long heading toward the Sunday night showdown.

I have never declared bankruptcy but I think if I had, I would live in the smallest place I could and put myself on a super strict budget. I remember one month I only ate ramen noodles while trying to pay bills - going to college and working part time jobs. I did not even have a credit card back then. My rent, child care and apartment rent took almost all of my income. To this day, I do not eat Ramen noodles.

It did really surprise me that they bought a 5 bedroom, 3 car garage, new home, after coming out of their bankruptcy. And I can tell, by many of the pix and videos, that they both have a lot of trendy,new brand name items and clothing.

I had a lot of hand me down things for my kids because I had a lot of nieces and nephews, luckily for us. So my kids had great stuff, but mostly gently used.

But when I look at their pix, like the one at the airport, they had lots of new matching luggage, which is not cheap. And the latest fashions.

We always had various mismatched pieces because we were paycheck to paycheck when the kids were little. LOL

I am very curious about what their debt load was at the time of the murders.

I’m just speaking as a juror perspective <modsnip>, not trying to ruffle your feathers . I am saying personally I like motive. I like physical evidence and we don’t know that yet . Human emotion reaction is a tricky thing . It would not be a guilty vote for me thus far based upon him lying and probability of guilt . It would Be a guilty vote for you so I’m not here to change your opinion nor anyone’s I’m here to learn from others insight to answer the things that don’t make sense to me

An affair and an unwanted pregnancy. That's been present over and over again in cases where men kill their wives seemingly out of the blue and don't have a history of mental illness or domestic violence.

Last edited by a moderator:
It did really surprise me that they bought a 5 bedroom, 3 car garage, new home, after coming out of their bankruptcy. And I can tell, by many of the pix and videos, that they both have a lot of trendy,new brand name items and clothing.

I had a lot of hand me down things for my kids because I had a lot of nieces and nephews, luckily for us.

But when I look at their pix, like the one at the airport, they had lots of new matching luggage, which is not cheap.

We always various mismatched pieces because we were paycheck to paycheck when the kids were little. LOL

I am very curious about what their debt load was at the time of the murders.
Great point. My guess is that things had not improved much, if at all, since their bankruptcy. As it could be a possible motive, I’m sure the investigation into their finances will be thorough.

Found this on SW’s Facebook page. SW bought a multi-pack pork roast from Costco, and asked C.W. to put one of them in the oven. C.W. took out 2 roasts, stacked them on top of one another, and placed them in the oven. To me, that’s really funny. I think if my husband did something like that, and I pointed it out to him, he would think it was funny, too. I’d probably say, “What were you thinking?” Whenever one of us does something stupid we laugh about it. We call each other, “Dumba$$.” Our egos aren’t sensitive like that.
Shanann Watts

I laughed a lot at that because it brought back a memory from the distant past. We had recently returned from our honeymoon and on that day my hubby was getting home about an hour before me so I asked him if he could put a leg of lamb in the oven. Yep, he did, straight onto the rack. Oh, the mess on the oven floor. In those days men did little, if any, cooking. Even though I wasn't happy, I remember having a huge laugh. Bless his heart, he tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel_008