Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. But I think their main priority is blocking him from using the money from the house to buy good defense attorneys.

He is basically looking to hire people to viciously trash their deceased daughter, after he killed her. I would fight for the house too, if I was in their horrible position. I cannot even imagine...
Except that houses who have had atrocities committed in them rarely reach market value, and they would not have had much equity in it so there is likely no money to be gained from the sale.

Last edited:
Again, she has not been charged or even named as a suspect. He has been charged with all murders and the only accusation against her has come from her murderer. A man who lied again and again.
A dead person usually isn't named as a suspect but that also doesn't mean LE is NOT investigating CW's allegation. CW is allowed a defense and it will up to the prosecution to prove he murdered the children. If there is any evidence that supports his allegation, the prosecution is going to want to know it. JMO

I didn't really believe the man who claimed to be the gay lover. But he did say publicly, that he had been contacted by LE and had spoken to the FBI. Would someone say that if it was a total lie?

So it makes me open to the possibility that he is telling the truth. JMO
It creeps me out that he claims CW brought the girls with him one time. Apparently that was when he discovered CW was married, because one of the girls said “Daddy, can I sleep with you and Mommy tonight”. Again, how could he!:mad:

If there is life insurance, could that count as an asset for SW's estate that the bank could take if they let it fall into foreclosure? I can't think of any other significant assets she would have, but that could be sizeable.
Life insurance proceeds pass directly to the beneficiary (i.e., the only way it would go to SW Estate is if SW named her estate as the beneficiary). As it's most common for spouses to name each other as beneficiaries, most likely SW named CW. Fortunately, SW Dad Frank Sr, Executor of her estate, is now empowered to file wrongful death suit against CW to block payment of any insurance proceeds to him pursuant to laws preventing murderers from profiting from their crime.

Case and point at link:
CA: Judge rules Laci Peterson's life insurance money goes to mother

Right but you just never know what they could find. What if he had a hangnail and they found his nail caught in one of the girls' skins?

I wouldn't have made the motion. I would have waited until the results came back and then made a big deal of it corroborating his story (if it did). And if it didn't, I wouldn't have this motion making my client look like an even bigger liar on the record.
Seriously though, can you imagine what PITA client this guy would be? He's spent his whole life being told how smart he is because of skills/talent in certain areas to the point he thinks he's the smartest person in the room. He's going to try and direct this case. JMO.

Last edited:
Yes and his name only being on the mortgage means it is his debt, doesn't it?

Some debt is inheritable. But since SW didn’t survive him due to being murdered ... I think it’s all his. He’s still entitled to half the asset which is what they have to sort out. The slayer laws may come in so it’s still a mess. Jmo.

Right but you just never know what they could find. What if he had a hangnail and they found his nail caught in one of the girls' skins?

I wouldn't have made the motion. I would have waited until the results came back and then made a big deal of it corroborating his story (if it did). And if it didn't, I wouldn't have this motion making my client look like an even bigger liar on the record.

The defense made the motion because they had been given reason to believe the ME did not intend to collect any DNA from the neck areas. There is a possibility their client is telling the truth. JMO

A dead person usually isn't named as a suspect but that also doesn't mean LE is NOT investigating CW's allegation. CW is allowed a defense and it will up to the prosecution to prove he murdered the children. If there is any evidence that supports his allegation, the prosecution is going to want to know it. JMO
I think LE figured out his allegation was bogus about the time they arrested and charged him with murder of all three. Not sure they would devote much time to his claims. Of course he is going to blame someone else. That's what murderers do...

Interesting question! I know what you mean about some people feeling like they probably wouldn’t be friends w/Shanann. I’m not organized, my house is lived in/messy and the thought of posting a video of myself anywhere is horrifying. Nothing like Shanann at all. When I first met her I didn’t think we’d have much to say since we had nothing in common. Never expected to actually like her.

I tell you what—that girl grew on me something fierce. She didn’t care I was nothing like her— not one bit. She was just interested in getting to know me. I’ve heard the expression “didn’t have a judgmental bone in her body” before but never met anyone who personified it as much as Shanann. She was genuinely interested in everyone and a champion of their dreams big and small.

The last time I saw her I remember driving away thinking how much brighter my day was after talking to her, and impressed at how genuinely excited she was for one of our friends who just found out about a personal success.

At her Celebration of Life service, I was struck by the huge range of friends that were there. Rich, poor, polished, shlumpy, young,old, Moms, single people — she didn’t gravitate to a type. She gravitated to people, period. And kids. She loved kids.

Since she supported everyone around her it’s particularly distressing to see total strangers judge her without knowing her at all. Had they had the chance to know her for a bit, I think she might have grown on some of them too.

Oh Colorado, this made me teary. It’s such a loss for so many people, and for what. I don’t understand. I’m so sorry, and thank you for sharing,

Seriously though can you imagine what PITA client this guy would be? He's spent his whole life being told how smart he is because of skills/talent in certain areas to the point he thinks he's the smartest person in the room. He's going to try and direct this case. JMO.
It would be Hell. An idiot calling the shots and you have no way to discipline or veto him. AND you can’t even quit. No thank you. But I’d happily prosecute the crap out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine