Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This started from a post regarding what evidence there could be that SW killed the girls. I said an email, text, voicemail, etc, could be evidence and it went from there. I wouldn't be surprised to learn of a goodbye letter. I was just throwing out a thought - nothing more.

Do you mean that she planned something like her suicide? And than it went to far, leading her to kill the kids too?

You know it's probably not ridiculous to some who may have had their biases confirmed by the whisperings of someone who loathes Shanann and who is close to CW.

"First hand" negative info can be powerful. Especially when it supports negative feelings we may already have about something or someone.

I think something may be overlooked, however. Do loved ones of accused murderers ever defend their loved one no matter what? Can they sometimes be irrational in their denial of the allegations? Do they ever come up with things that simply aren't true, even if they feel they are, because they're desperate to believe their loved one is innocent?

How is history perceived by someone who may be biased? Can dysfunction ever play a part in people's feelings toward one another? What is the history of the accused? What is their context? What life experiences and what people helped shape who they are and does any of that play into the allegations and statements and beliefs of ardent defenders of someone accused of murder?

Jason Young's mom described her drunken, cheating, cruel and sociopathic son as "an imp." She returned presents her dead daughter-in-law's family sent to their granddaughter and refused to let them see the little girl. After they lost their daughter.

Scott Peterson's mom told her "golden boy" to "deny everything" when talking to investigators. His parents described their quiet, smiling but serious son as "Mr. Perfect". They insisted satanists had abducted their daughter in law.
Jackie Peterson criticized her daughter in law, feeling she was too much of a perfectionist and not good enough for her son. She was upset that the couple had moved closer to Laci's parents and farther from her.

The Peterson's cruelly battled the Rocha family over Laci's china, her rocking chair, photos and clothes and her wedding dress.

Chris Coleman's parents refused to believe there was any chance their son killed his family. His father blamed his dead daughter in law for Chris's affair saying she didn't do her duty as a wife. He critiqued her as being not good enough for his son when they met her - wearing little short shorts and being too worldly.

Coleman's parents cruelly fought Sherri's family for custody of the dead bodies of Sherri and her two sons, despite the fact that their "innocent" son had been convicted of murdering all three.

I think the motivations and contexts of statements made by loved ones of defendants should be seriously considered when determining the significance of statements they may make.

But that doesn't always happen.
Very true. Especially in instances where the first-hand source has disliked a person from the start. Unfortunately it’s human nature to view everything someone does and says through a negative filter if they dislike that person enough. And it’s also human nature to pass judgment quickly, especially if a that person is judged to be a threat to job, family, social staus, etc.
You know it's probably not ridiculous to some who may have had their biases confirmed by the whisperings of someone who loathes Shanann and who is close to CW.

"First hand" negative info can be powerful. Especially when it supports negative feelings we may already have about something or someone.

I think something may be overlooked, however. Do loved ones of accused murderers ever defend their loved one no matter what? Can they sometimes be irrational in their denial of the allegations? Do they ever come up with things that simply aren't true, even if they feel they are, because they're desperate to believe their loved one is innocent?

How is history perceived by someone who may be biased? Can dysfunction ever play a part in people's feelings toward one another? What is the history of the accused? What is their context? What life experiences and what people helped shape who they are and does any of that play into the allegations and statements and beliefs of ardent defenders of someone accused of murder?

Jason Young's mom described her drunken, cheating, cruel and sociopathic son as "an imp." She returned presents her dead daughter-in-law's family sent to their granddaughter and refused to let them see the little girl. After they lost their daughter.

Scott Peterson's mom told her "golden boy" to "deny everything" when talking to investigators. His parents described their quiet, smiling but serious son as "Mr. Perfect". They insisted satanists had abducted their daughter in law.
Jackie Peterson criticized her daughter in law, feeling she was too much of a perfectionist and not good enough for her son. She was upset that the couple had moved closer to Laci's parents and farther from her.

She and her husband cruelly battled the Rocha family over Laci's china, her rocking chair, photos and clothes and her wedding dress.

Chris Coleman's parents refused to believe there was any chance their son killed his family. His father blamed his dead daughter in law for Chris's affair saying she didn't do her duty as a wife. He critiqued her as being not good enough for his son when they met her - wearing little short shorts and being too worldly.

Coleman's parents cruelly fought Sherri's family for custody of the dead bodies of Sherri and her two sons, despite the fact that their "innocent" son had been convicted of murdering all three.

I think the motivations and contexts of statements made by loved ones of defendants should be seriously considered when determining the significance of statements they may make.

But that doesn't always happen.
Very good points! I also think it's important to recognize someone who has always had a dislike for another person is prone to view everything they do or say through a negative filter. Unfortunately it's human nature for some people to judge others before they really get to know them. And if that person presents some sort of perceived "threat" all too often that judgment is negative. Sometimes it's almost impossible for a person to dig themselves out of that perception hole, no matter how hard they try. They could be Mother Theresa and it wouldn't matter.

Fortunately this phenomenon is common among 8th grade girls but with time most of us learn to take negative info about others with a grain of salt. And I've found opinions coming from someone who says "I never liked them" are a red flag that the speaker never gave the subject a fair shot.

Good point. I think the emotional conversation was an ongoing conversation that was possibly going on for several weeks. I wouldn't be surprised to see a digital footprint explaining the reason why or a goodbye letter.
jmo
Considering SW's seemingly non-stop use of her phone, angry text messages to CW or his AP wouldn't surprise me, either. Marilyn Lemak sent harassing text messages to her husband's girlfriend and the defense became unglued when she was allowed to testify at trial. JMO

Very possible because I don't believe that "emotional conversation" began just prior to the murders. Remember the image of the covered doll on the sofa? It will be interesting to see which phone was used to take it. JMO
Well since Shannan received it on her phone from CW I would assume he took the picture. Not sure where this is headed but if she says that's how it went I believe her. She's not the proven liar here. jmo

Very true. Especially in instances where the first-hand source has disliked a person from the start. Unfortunately it’s human nature to view everything someone does and says through a negative filter if they dislike that person enough. And it’s also human nature to pass judgment quickly, especially if a that person is judged to be a threat to job, family, social staus, etc.

Very good points! I also think it's important to recognize someone who has always had a dislike for another person is prone to view everything they do or say through a negative filter. Unfortunately it's human nature for some people to judge others before they really get to know them. And if that person presents some sort of perceived "threat" all too often that judgment is negative. Sometimes it's almost impossible for a person to dig themselves out of that perception hole, no matter how hard they try. They could be Mother Theresa and it wouldn't matter.

Fortunately this phenomenon is common among 8th grade girls but with time most of us learn to take negative info about others with a grain of salt. And I've found opinions coming from someone who says "I never liked them" are a red flag that the speaker never gave the subject a fair shot.
Great post. I just can’t imagine being a person who knew SW, and reading all the vile insinuations and outright lies about her.

It’s sad that people can be so cruel, and allow emotion to overrule logic and common sense.

All the facts are against CW, and it simply doesn’t matter.

There is no conspiracy. The DA filed the charges when felt he had enough evidence to support the charges. IMO the autopsies are just part of the investigation and the investigation probably is still proceeding. The international attention began when the media learned of all the horrible things CW did and reported it. Most of which CW admitted.
"I've never mentioned or suggested there is a conspiracy" with a DA. He's a politician. He filed FIVE murder charges even though there are only three victims. It is what it is. He wanted publicity and he got it. JMO

This started from a post regarding what evidence there could be that SW killed the girls. I said an email, text, voicemail, etc, could be evidence and it went from there. I wouldn't be surprised to learn of a goodbye letter. I was just throwing out a thought - nothing more.
Thank you. Who would write a goodbye letter and when? Just trying to understand since you said you wouldn't be surprised if there was one.

Considering SW's seemingly non-stop use of her phone, angry text messages to CW or his AP wouldn't surprise me, either. Marilyn Lemak sent harassing text messages to her husband's girlfriend and the defense became unglued when she was allowed to testify at trial. JMO
Can you give us an example of just one "angry text message" by Shan'nan? Or is the insinuation that anyone who uses a phone frequently must be guilty of sometimes sending "angry text messages"?

"I've never mentioned or suggested there is a conspiracy" with a DA. He's a politician. He filed FIVE murder charges even though there are only three victims. It is what it is. He wanted publicity and he got it. JMO
He followed the law. Those charges didn’t come out of thin air.

Can you provide evidence that he wanted publicity, instead of following the law?

Attacking a legal professional for doing his job, without any evidence of impropriety, is all sorts of wrong.

So. I thiiink I recall something from one of the latest OJ documentaries.

IF I remember correctly, what was key about the OJ civil suit filed by the Goldmans was that in such a suit the defendant is requuuired to speak at the deposition, or answer questions or something like that? Sorry if I’ve got this all wrong I’m no legal eagle but I thought I recall there was something special about that.

(This particular documentary was a groundbreaking moment imo because he is asked a direct question then immediately caught in this lie and his facial expression is EPIC, if you ever had any doubt...)

Do we know of any angry messages from SW to anyone? Gee, I use my phone a lot. I know SW had to for work. Does that lead someone to write threatening messages more often than someone who doesn't? Do we have a study on this?

Well, if CW had angry, harassing texts from SW to him and/or his AP, why would he assume no one believe him, that she was the aggressor?

Wouldn't he feel confident that he had some evidence of her anger, and that, along with forensics from the crime scene, would make it possible to call 911?

Good point. I think the emotional conversation was an ongoing conversation that was possibly going on for several weeks. I wouldn't be surprised to see a digital footprint explaining the reason why or a goodbye letter.
jmo

Ok. Maybe they did have an ongoing emotional conversation about their marriage. We do know her mother and hairdresser said there was going to be a possible separation. We do know SW told a couple of friends CW may be cheating because he's acting weird. Ok, so what?

If this was an ongoing issue between them, why did she come home exhausted from a trip and decide that specific night to go into a rage and kill her children between 2-5am to hurt CW? CW goes downstairs for "a moment" and she decides, hmm, I think this is the moment I will kill my children. And then what? She kills him too? Herself? What's her end game?

ETA: To me, if this was an ongoing "arguement" they had been having, I think it's even less likely she's the one who killed them. She wouldn't have been suprised by anything he told her and went into a sudden uncontrollable rage and killed her children.

Last edited:

A lot of people are "addicted" to their phones. Unfortunately this is a common phenomenon in our society (I don't know if this really applied to Shannan). But that dosen't make you a child murderer and doesn't proof anything. And believe me if I found out that my husband had an affair and I got to know her number we would have a little conversation too! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme