Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it is possible the FBI and the DA are in it together to set up CW and protect SW's reputation? Does her family have some political pull in high places? You have me curious now.
I don't believe the FBI and DA are doing anything together.

Maybe the text, email, voicemail wasn't to him and he didn't know about it.
jmo

So SW contacted the AP and threatened to hurt her own children if the AP didn't stop seeing her husband? :rolleyes: Or did SW contact someone in CW family and maybe threaten that to them? Or was there no threat or even talking about her children at all, but instead maybe just an angry wife who was P.O'd her lying cheating husband was having an affair? Or maybe nothing at all and just wishful thinking that there's something like this out there for CW's sake?

"I've never mentioned or suggested there is a conspiracy" with a DA. He's a politician. He filed FIVE murder charges even though there are only three victims. It is what it is. He wanted publicity and he got it. JMO
What a great post for our VI Colorado DA/Prosecutor @Amandaaa to explain Colorado murder statute applied to the victims resulted in 5 murder charges. I'm confident she'll confirm the charges have nothing to do with DA and/or his office desiring publicity.

The Weld County District Attorney's Office on Monday formally charged Christopher Watts with three counts of first-degree murder after deliberation for the deaths of Shanann, Celeste and Bella Watts, along with two counts of first-degree murder for causing the death of a person under the age of 12 while being in a position of trust. He also faces one count of unlawful termination of a pregnancy and three counts of tampering with a deceased body.
Christopher Watts hears charges in slayings of wife, daughters in Colorado

Last edited:
A suspect lying to police is something local police can and should handle without the FBI's help. From my own experience, I also know local police often don't immediately get involved unless it is feared the missing children are in danger. Something was said by either NU or CW to lead them to believe the children were in danger and that's why the FBI were called.

Tuesday, Aug. 14

7 a.m. — A Frederick police detective, upon learning that neither Shanann Watts nor the girls had returned home, requests that a press release about their status as missing be sent out and seeks assistance from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and ultimately the FBI.

Timeline: Key dates in investigation of deaths of Shanann Watts, 2 daughters in Colorado
edit to add link.
Probably the fact that the house was locked from the inside and Shanann, Bella, and CeCe were nowhere to be found. jmo

Maybe it's just a rumor, then, if you don't clarify who the "goodbye letter" is sent to and what it says. Sounds like just another rumor to try to blacken a murdered woman's reputation.

I was throwing out a possiblity - nothing more.

Like flushing a goldfish apparently.

I beg to differ.

I read once, that a parent buried the child's goldfish: creating a pet funeral, with pebbles and a cross.
All their little friends were invited to celebrate the goldfish's life.
This shows love for his child, and teaching the child respect regarding the death of a loved pet.

It shocks me that they don't. Not one poster who doesn't find that behavior compelling has been able to cite one case or give one example of an innocent person behaving this way in such circumstances.

But posters have been able to show example after example of guilty murderers acting quite similarly. Over and over.

I truly believe that for some it is partially as a result of hatred toward Shanann, due to judging of her parenting, and/or anger and suspicion of her because she transcends traditional gender norms at times, or dislike of her for being publicly snarky to her introverted husband, or disgust with her cheery portrayal of her life and marriage and family as happy, or disgust with her MLM involvement and/0r the fevered whispering of those who are close to CW who appear to loathe SW and are spreading rumors about her character that confirm the biases that those who she rubbed the wrong way, developed.

What concerns me is that we actually already have a lot of evidence and logic supporting his guilt, IMO.

And yet some are nevertheless steadfast in believing there's reasonable doubt, even to the point of being convinced that a simple status conference scheduling change is going to result in the state giving up and accepting a plea that absolves this dude from guilt of killing his kids, because there's just got to be evidence so compelling to show what a villain and horrible person SW is, that even though none of it is likely remotely close to relevant to who killed the kids, well come on. A woman like that just MUST be a murderer.

I'm worried about who is going to end up on that jury.
I believe the whispers of rumors are put out by his people, simply because they are desperate. Maybe that's because I can't understand anyone hating SW enough to blame her for her children's death, with all the evidence against CW.

Possibly to family or friends, explaining why and saying goodbye.

If it was that preplanned - than why would she choose that night/morning after a long weekend trip and a flight delay, with Chris being present at the house? If I put myself in her position, considering (an extended) suicide, I would not want anyone to cross my plans. I believe that than she would have chosen another day, when Chris was at work and nobody else was around.

So SW contacted the AP and threatened to hurt her own children if the AP didn't stop seeing her husband? :rolleyes: Or did SW contact someone in CW family and maybe threaten that to them? Or was there no threat or even talking about her children at all, but instead maybe just an angry wife who was P.O'd her lying cheating husband was having an affair? Or maybe nothing at all and just wishful thinking that there's something like this out there for CW's sake?
in other words "plant a rumor" .Then say it's just a possibility.

“Possibly” is not evidence.

“Might have” is not evidence.

“Could have” is not evidence.

There is no known factual basis for any of these things. We have plenty on the other side though.

No it's just a possibility that I mentioned. I never said it was fact or based on fact. This is WS and as far as I know we are free to speculate and share possibilities and thoughts.
jmo

Regardless of how it all went down he was a total idiot for not calling 911.
jmo
It wouldn't have made a difference if he had called them. They would have arrested him on the spot and not believed his story. I think he is very fortunate that the Public Defender is excellent. That isn't always the case. JMO

No it's just a possibility that I mentioned. I never said it was fact or based on fact. This is WS and as far as I know we are free to speculate and share possibilities and thoughts.
jmo
Yes. But in doing so, one blames the victim in this case.

In most murder cases, you can argue that the killer did or didn’t do it. In this one however, it turns a murder victim into a suspect based on nothing but speculation.

There is a huge difference.

Regardless of how it all went down he was a total idiot for not calling 911.
jmo

If he killed them all himself, then he couldn't call 911. He is correct that no one would believe him.

But if she killed them, and he had harassing texts from her, to him and the AP, and a suicide note, then it makes no sense that he didn't call 911.

In other words, there are no texts like that from SW, no suicide letter, etc. He would not have responded in the crazy way he did, if he had a suicide letter and angry texts, to show LE when they arrived.

Yes. But in doing so, one blames the victim in this case.

In most murder cases, you can argue that the killer did or didn’t do it. In this one however, it turns a murder victim into a suspect based on nothing but speculation.

There is a huge difference.

So - I can't post what evidence might possibly point to SW being the killer? I've seen many posts stating that DNA on the necks of the children could possible point in that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth