Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside, the law specifically warns against this kind of "propensity reasoning" with respect to accused.

In general the line of thinking that "s/he is the kind of person who would do this" is fraught with danger

We have to be very careful about jumping from social media posts to murder.
I am referring (after a small edit for clarity) to what he said on his voluntary TV media appearances, combined with what he is charged with, none of my post is or was from SM. I have stated over and over that I don't peruse her videos or posts on SM. I really don't care about her family videos. It breaks my heart to see those little kids who are now murdered.

Last edited:
For the record, this is just a thought as I have nothing to base my thought or opinion on. However, IMO the purpose of nut gate being brought up was to look at what type of personality a person could have to lie like that.
jmo

Respectfully, it really doesn't tell me anything about SW's personality. I've not heard that SW had problems with pathological lying, or problems getting along with others, in general, so *if* she lied about nuts, she may have been angry with what she had perceived to be a disrespectful and/or unwelcoming attitude toward her. It's also possible she had prior experiences with what she felt to be a disrespectful or unwelcoming attitude toward her.

CW was being very disrespectful to SW. He was carrying on an affair behind her back, and when she was newly pregnant with his child. Who knows? Bad feelings between in-laws are not all that uncommon and the history of those feelings can be long and complicated and sometimes someone is in the background and behind the scenes and is stirring things up and setting up scenarios for discord.

JMO.

I am referring (after a small edit for clarity) to what he said on his voluntary TV media appearances, combined with what he is charged with, none of my post is or was from SM. I have stated over and over that I don't peruse her videos on SM.

Sorry - i did not mean to imply that you did.

I was speaking more generally in relation to any future court evidence.

No doubt the defence will try to use her posts to paint her in a less than favourable light - but this kind of propensity reasoning is not evidence of her murdering the kids.

Yes, this is true. We don't know the exact relationship of any of the VI's, but Trinket knew both though, and I dont think we have another VI who knew them both. We have 2 VI's that knew SW but not CW well, so are you saying that because they knew SW, their statements have more credence? Or that all statements by VI's can be weighed the same way?

Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

I restate, that I am not aware of any CW supporters on this thread. Don't confuse people who need more information as CW supporters because that is not the case.

Excellent point and nicely worded. I’m not aware of any CW supporters on this thread either. Confusing posters who need more information or who are looking at all angles is unproductive and brings a nasty and unwelcome feel to the thread.
jmo

OK , thats fine, but how do you know that it was a member of CW's family that Tricia corresponded with? It could just as easily have been someone neutral or someone from SW's own family.

Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

I don’t know anything. Everything is JMO. I need to remember to keep adding that. It’s hard to speak about the nut issue without discussing family which we can’t really do.

No doubt the defence will try to use her posts to paint her in a less than favourable light - but this kind of propensity reasoning is not evidence of her murdering the kids.
Correct. But I suspect if they want to go this route, they will introduce witnesses.

Then I complete misunderstood you. I thought you were referring to my comments on CW, regarding the lies he told on the TV interviews.

We are allowing discussion of the defense put forward by CW's legal team

Opinions are opinions. There is no requirement we must agree with an opinion.

well said --have been following along in lurk mode for a bit. IMO many glaring possibilities, alternatives have been ignored and or posters attacked for thinking differently.

For some reason in this case it has been taken as sides. I doubt that there is anyone here, who is open to discussing other notions - thinks CW is a boy scout. I doubt there are supporters for a man who confessed to killing his wife.

However, that does not exclude a bunch of other theories - which have been suppressed by those who seem to viewing this tragedy as a football game as opposed to a a tragedy.

When her husband killed the whole family statements like this are plentiful. Without the qualifier of being in posters opinion. This has not proven, is not even a component of the case at this point.

As in any other crime - the term allegedly has been woefully missing in this dialog.

It has actually been somewhat bizarre

.IMO

Last edited:
What difference would it make, if true, that a murdered person was "less than truthful" about nuts on social media?

This is quite an interesting question.

One thing I know from a survey of QCs on rape trials in the UK is that a common tactic is to try to get a juror or two to judge the victim.

If you can convince a juror that the victim shares some responsibility, they may acquit even if they think the accused is likely guilty.

I am not sure if this kind of reasoning applies in domestic murders, but it is hard to see what other strategy the defence has available than to paint her as a bad person who might have flipped out.

Did anyone suffer any adverse consequences as a result of this possible untruth about nuts? Not asking to name names or relationships of course, just a yes or no will be fine.

I think @mrjitty mentions it above.
The defence *may* try to use this instance (through its witnesses who were there ) to show SW in a bad light.
Then CW really should plea bargain to all of the murders and get the punishment more to his liking. There are said to be dozens, hundreds, of videos with cute, vibrant children interacting with their Mom, little kids maybe just a tad too large to easily stuff into a 24" circumference hole in an oil tank without manual compression or breaking of bones.
I don't think the jury will care that the mother lied, if you are correct about your story, about nuts.

Did anyone suffer any adverse consequences as a result of this possible untruth about nuts? Not asking to name names or relationships of course, just a yes or no will be fine.
I dont understand your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member