Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how it can be used against Shan'ann in any meaningful way in the trial if no one was harmed by it. It seems to me (not being involved in the earlier threads so only knowing what has been said here today about it) to be a strange tidbit to have brought up in relation to potential mud-slinging.

A lie that caused trouble for other people's lives or was in any way spiteful I can just about stretch to. A mis-representation of her own life isn't the slightest bit indicative of someone having a predisposition for infanticide, having rage issues, being unhinged or unstable, or even depressed.
OK, I respect your opinion.

Another thing that was interesting was the doll was posted early afternoon on a Thursday. We know he leaves early for work. There have been way out there things about how it was a warning or something.

But go back to the post about it. Several hours later she posted something like well at least they both did it together. Which IMO would imply that she either observed them actually doing it.

It startled the world. I would think if a doll had been placed like that since five o clock in the morning it would have noticed before the afternoon?

From her SM habits it would be logical to conclude that she posted it right when she saw it. The timeframe of the posting IMO seems to indicate Chris had nothing to do with it.

@molly1255 and @mrjitty, have you reviewed posts made by VI @Trinket78? It is clear in at least one instance, that SW has been less than truthful (Nutgate). Am happy to link to posts if this helps.
We actually don’t have any proof Shanann was at all dishonest about nutgate. We have the word of an anonymous VI that’s CW’s friend/family against what a dead woman posted in FB and or told her friends. I am not ready to concede that SW’s version is inaccurate. But it’s not a subject we can explore here.

Would that be related to CW being charged with 5 felony murders? Don't forget you have not seen the more recent videos, no one still living has any idea how videos were edited, how many were private, and so forth. "She cannot always get her way"? Is that like always wanting to get the last word in? How does that relate to being a victim of murder?
I dont understand. I tell my daughter she can't always have her way all the time. I'm not sure I am interpreting it correctly but is that being descibed as being indicative of a conflicting relationship? That's not normal?

RE: I've not heard that SW had problems with pathological lying, or problems getting along with others, in general.

IMO that is not actually factual. In several of her videos she discusses in depth how back in NC "all" her friends left her and she was very lonely. Her words.

It depends on how one would describe it is it lying/fantasy/wishful thinking? Clearly the "presentation" online has nothing to do with the truth about what was really going on in the home. IMO

But, we do not know who this person is, whether they are related to CW, or SW or were a neutral visitor.

And, since you bought up the DP. Do you not think that the 2 are the same? It is unlikely that even if the DP is sought (and I have a strong suspicion that it will not) it will be implemented. So why wast more resource on seeking something that wont happen?

I don't wish to discuss VI's, and whether they might be neutral or biased, how well they may have known the victim and the accused, etc.

In some states, the DP turns out to essentially be LWOP when the state doesn't carry out the sentence for many years.

Where I'm at, we have the DP. A convicted killer who received the death penalty in my state was in prison for more than 30 years when he was executed. An execution had not taken place in my state since the 1950's prior to this.

A state could have a stance on not carrying out executions for years, and change their position and carry out an execution or executions.

She could have been listed as one of SW's emergency contacts which means she had every right to know. Or SW could have failed to bring the girls as planned and once she knew the car and car seats were still there she knew she didn't go to the appt they undoubtedly had discussed as SW wasn't feeling well on the trip and was likely anxious to see the doc.

NUA talked to Shanann on a daily basis. She knew it wasn’t normal for her to not text or call her because every time they went on a trip like the one to Arizona, she would "blow up my phone the next day about us working our business".

Because SW had been sick while they were away and because she hadn't called or sent texts and had missed her doctor's appointment, she went to the house to check on her ... We know what followed after that so no need to repeat it again.

I dont understand. I tell my daughter she can't always have her way all the time. I'm not sure I am interpreting it correctly but is that being descibed as being indicative of a conflicting relationship? That's not normal?

It was more about the tone of both participants description of the altercation.

We actually don’t have any proof Shanann was at all dishonest about nutgate. We have the word of an anonymous VI that’s CW’s friend/family against what a dead woman posted in FB and or told her friends. I am not ready to concede that SW’s version is inaccurate. But it’s not a subject we can explore here.
We also have the version posted by Tricia -

Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

NUA talked to Shanann on a daily basis. She knew it wasn’t normal for her to not text or call her because every time they went on a trip like the one to Arizona, she would "blow up my phone the next day about us working our business".

Because SW had been sick while they were away and because she hadn't called or sent texts and had missed her doctor's appointment, she went to the house to check on her ... We know what followed after that so no need to repeat it again.

Has she ever explained exactly how she knew she had not made her appt?

The actually interesting part of this was the mothers comment that was something akin to she can not always get her way. IIRC

At the time I concluded they had a very conflicted relationship.
Whose mother? Where is this comment? Please link the source so we know who and what you're referring to. TIA

I don't wish to discuss VI's, and whether they might be neutral or biased, how well they may have known the victim and the accused, etc.

In some states, the DP turns out to essentially be LWOP when the state doesn't carry out the sentence for many years.

Where I'm at, we have the DP. A convicted killer who received the death penalty in my state was in prison for more than 30 years when he was executed. An execution had not taken place in my state since the 1950's prior to this.

A state could have a stance on not carrying out executions for years, and change their position and carry out an execution or executions.
This is true. However, in this case, it is my opinion, that it will not be sought and that this is known to the Defense.

I really do understand that during a rape trial, a victim who dressed a certain way, came to a man's bedroom, was witnessed to be giving a come on, etc, can insert doubt in the jury's collective mind. I'm old, and really do understand that, and if I were on the jury I would listen carefully to what went on before the rape, if it was a rape.
However in a domestic murder (mass murder) case, I see that the defense's only option is to dirty the murdered woman, however......"nuts"? She, as atested to by internet posters, lied about where the nuts were? When her kid had a severe allergy to nuts?
Anyway there are whole web sites devoted specifically to dirtying the murdered woman, we have outbreaks of the same here, although they are rebranded as possibilities by open minded individuals.
Still, dozens of videos of 2-3 year olds acting cute and precious...juxtaposed with a defense appearing mean-spirited by actually calling witnesses to say the murdered woman misled internet posters on SM over the placement of nuts on a kitchen island? I wish I could be on THAT jury.

Well obvious nuts would be tenuous, but I can see an approach foreshadowed by Trinket whereby she is not accepting separation, pretending to be happy families, hiding the truth from her friends etc etc

Basically we enter the upside down where circumstantial evidence proving guilt is speculated away point by point

RE: I've not heard that SW had problems with pathological lying, or problems getting along with others, in general.

IMO that is not actually factual. In several of her videos she discusses in depth how back in NC "all" her friends left her and she was very lonely. Her words.

It depends on how one would describe it is it lying/fantasy/wishful thinking? Clearly the "presentation" online has nothing to do with the truth about what was really going on in the home. IMO
So what is your proof for the insinuation that SW was a "pathological liar"?

This is true. However, in this case, it is my opinion, that it will not be sought and that this is known to the Defense.

You might be correct on this. IDK. I think it really depends on the position of the state, after considering many factors.

You might be correct on this. IDK. I think it really depends on the position of the state, after considering many factors.
Yes, with imput from the victim's families, I believe.

ETA - I think this case is very hard on both families and I think of them often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery