Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I strongly believe, it was due to an existing employment rule that he could not date an employee who was a direct supervisor or vice versa Etc. Him being fired so quickly, could be done easily and the company distance themselves without retribution because of that.

If this turns out to be true, would they both not be fired for that connection?

Judge refused the defense named expert witness present at autopsy telling the ME how to do his job.
JMO they requested for a couple of reasons:
1.) Just want it on record - sounds good to some idiots who might actually believe it
2.) it might be used later in appeal
A guy on podcast thought they would eventually allow this testing but it’s not going to matter IMO because either he bleached their necks after strangling them or that crude oil removes the traces of his DNA or anyone’s and he knows this because he’s been planning this for weeks.
His plans were screwed up by SW late arrival that night - but IMO CW had already killed the girls - so he had to go ahead and finish what he started - so he could blame HER. His plans were also screwed up by friend Nickole showing up before he could finish removing their things. He might have gotten “emotional” which altered his plan as well ... who knows?
I do think his parents and family opinions of SW played into his thinking he could get away with it. I’m not sure if info about her MIL leaving nuts out is true, or what I read about his family not liking/accepting her - but if so, his narcissistic mind believed it was an acceptable solution obviously. MOO

There is no way those two women were his family members. Family members sit in the gallery area along with everyone else.
I thought earlier in this thread someone said they were assistants of his attorneys. And speaking of family members in the gallery, what's with his whole side of the courtroom being filled? Are those supporters or just looky loos?

I understand what you’re saying. I think people, including myself are demonizing him because he threw his toddlers in a vat of crude oil and admitted to strangling his pregnant wife.

Most people are aware that marriages aren’t perfect and I don’t think SW was a walking saint (I dont think anyone is; or should be considered as one). I am aware that there are two sides in a marriage and I know marriages are generally just difficult to manage for both people.

Saying all of that: No one deserves to be strangled to death whilst pregnant and buried in a shallow grave by her husband. He admitted to that. He also admitted to dumping his daughters in a well of crude oil.

I’m not sure it’s such a far leap to discern his current “defense” and use common sense in reaching the conclusion that Shanann probably didn’t go strangle her own children and he flew into a rage and just happened to use the same manner of death and strangle her too.

If someone was strangling my kids, I’d grab the first object, (or a gun) and beat the hell out of them... I wouldn’t attempt hand to hand combat if someone else is killing my kids. Secondly, I wouldn’t just then, after my husband supposedly just killed my kids, wrap them all up and go to my job site and dispose of them there. I’m assuming most people would be so freaked out, there’s no way they could or would want to do anything but immediately call the police after that horror... Most could not compose themselves and cover up the deaths of your entire family— especially if you were the victim in that situation. And I definitely wouldn’t just go to work and pretend nothing happened and then lie to the police for two days. It just doesn’t make sense.

So, back to the demonization of Mr. Watts: After some thoughtful consideration; I’ve decided his defense is utterly ridiculous and it’s odd they were all killed by the same manner of death if there were two different killers. I think what he has admitted to warrants negative characterizations because an innocent person doesn’t throw their own babies in a vat of oil and bury their pregnant wife in a shallow grave... And to me, it doesn’t matter if SW was or wasn’t a peach of a wife; she and her kids never deserved that horrid fate given to them by their father and husband.

I also believe, through the manner of their deaths that CW (for whatever reasons) hated and resented his entire family.

You basically saved me from a bunch of typing because these were all my same thoughts (although I suspect you expressed them better than I would have! ;))

You sit where ever you choose, first come first served so to speak. People generally will sit behind wherever their family member is at, but not always. I've seen family sit in the back also.

And he gets coffee in jail, that's the preferred drink of inmates. I am familiar with the jail, it's pretty nice for a jail. I'm in the recovery field and I see zero evidence of heroin use in him. Also, just as an fyi, they do not detox you with drugs in jail here, you go cold turkey. That would be even more obvious in court if that was the case.

Is it me or were those two women sitting behind CW, cool as cucumbers? If in fact they were family members of CW. I thought maybe they were admin workers for the defense team? On that note, I am Canadian so different court room set up here but all the people sitting on the defense side behind the wood divider, are they random seats or defense side only seats?
u

Yes, and especially as SW and the girls had been in NC for 6 weeks..how many cars, the GF, were coming and going and what times., etc.

I know on our security cameras we can review back 10 days from our phones, or computers, and for an additional fee the recordings can be viewed for 30 days. I wonder what the neighbors cameras caught the 6 weeks SW was away...probably pretty telling..

Well, it only took investigators 2 days to discover CW was “actively involved” in an ongoing affair with a co-worker, so my guess is you’re probably right.

After I read that he saw his daughter on the baby monitor "looking blue"?? My first thought was can baby monitors even be in color??? (Obviously it's been awhile since I've had a baby) I see now after searching online that they are in color. But then my thought was...HOW could he even see that at 5am (or was it 4am...he states two different times to LE in the Arrest Affadavit) on a baby monitor? I'm assuming when it's dark in the room, that the baby monitor uses a night vision setting. The sun doesn't rise until just after 6am here these days. So how could he see that?
Is he trying to say that when he briefly walked downstairs (as CW states in the Arrest Affadavit) that she 1. went in the girls' room, 2. flipped on the light (because that would be the only way he could see color right?), 3. strangled one daughter, and 4. was already on to the next. And while SW was apparently strangling the first little one, the 2nd little one didn't wake or make any noise during this? Ummm.....
And just to be clear, I don't believe for a second that SW had anything to do with her sweet girls passing.

Accusing the pregnant wife he murdered of strangling her babies because he told her he wanted a separation sounds like a fine way of ensuring a jury returns a DP sentence, or the maximum punishment allowable.

His story-lie is as self-serving and narcissistic as it is outrageous and unbelievable.

It makes zero emotional or logical sense that his exhausted pregnant wife would react to being told he wanted a separation (if that even happened) by choosing to kill her other babies, much less by the brutal method of strangulation, twice over.

It makes even less sense that he didn't know his wife was strangling his babies in another room until he saw it on a baby monitor (how ridiculous), and that his first (and only) response was ANGER/RAGE towards her, and that he chose to act on that rage by killing her--and their unborn baby--by strangulation, the same way she had supposedly just killed their babies.

And then, yah, right, rather than realizing omg what did I just do, what did she do, and calling the police, he stuck his babies in oil tanks, dug a shallow grave for his dead wife and unborn baby, and showed no emotion that day or the next.

I don't believe a jury will believe that story, and I think they'll hate him all the more if he tries to play righteous victim and blame his dead wife, in order to save his own psycho arse.
Accusing the pregnant wife he murdered of strangling her babies because he told her he wanted a separation sounds like a fine way of ensuring a jury returns a DP sentence, or the maximum punishment allowable.

His story-lie is as self-serving and narcissistic as it is outrageous and unbelievable.

It makes zero emotional or logical sense that his exhausted pregnant wife would react to being told he wanted a separation (if that even happened) by choosing to kill her other babies, much less by the brutal method of strangulation, twice over.

It makes even less sense that he didn't know his wife was strangling his babies in another room until he saw it on a baby monitor (how ridiculous), and that his first (and only) response was ANGER/RAGE towards her, and that he chose to act on that rage by killing her--and their unborn baby--by strangulation, the same way she had supposedly just killed their babies.

And then, yah, right, rather than realizing omg what did I just do, what did she do, and calling the police, he stuck his babies in oil tanks, dug a shallow grave for his dead wife and unborn baby, and showed no emotion that day or the next.

I don't believe a jury will believe that story, and I think they'll hate him all the more if he tries to play righteous victim and blame his dead wife, in order to save his own psycho arse.

Additionally, IF he had really asked for a separation - rather than having plans to murder SW and girls - and he was REALLY an eyewitness to her (supposed) psychotic episode of strangling their children, CW would have had the perfect way for him to get out of marriage - because she would have been sent to prison or a mental facility! Instead, he claims, he killed her in retaliation and then loaded them all up and dumped them.

I’ve been following this case but haven’t commented yet. It’s sickening. I think a lot of times as sleuthers we play the devils advocate and look for deeper meaning and plot twist. In my opinion, this time we can take this monster at face value. It’s pretty clear cut to me that he killed his entire family....just because he wanted to and it suited his needs. It’s evil, it’s hard to swallow, and it doesn’t make a great story. It’s hard for me to think that it happened any other way though. I hope he pays for eternity.

Last edited:
You sit where ever you choose, first come first served so to speak. People generally will sit behind wherever their family member is at, but not always. I've seen family sit in the back also.

And he gets coffee in jail, that's the preferred drink of inmates. I am familiar with the jail, it's pretty nice for a jail. I'm in the recovery field and I see zero evidence of heroin use in him. Also, just as an fyi, they do not detox you with drugs in jail here, you go cold turkey. That would be even more obvious in court if that was the case.

u

he definitely was not on opiates then if they do not even give clonidine... thanks for clarifying!

I understand what you’re saying. I think people, including myself are demonizing him because he threw his toddlers in a vat of crude oil and admitted to strangling his pregnant wife.

Most people are aware that marriages aren’t perfect and I don’t think SW was a walking saint (I dont think anyone is; or should be considered as one). I am aware that there are two sides in a marriage and I know marriages are generally just difficult to manage for both people.

Saying all of that: No one deserves to be strangled to death whilst pregnant and buried in a shallow grave by her husband. He admitted to that. He also admitted to dumping his daughters in a well of crude oil.

I’m not sure it’s such a far leap to discern his current “defense” and use common sense in reaching the conclusion that Shanann probably didn’t go strangle her own children and he flew into a rage and just happened to use the same manner of death and strangle her too.

If someone was strangling my kids, I’d grab the first object, (or a gun) and beat the hell out of them... I wouldn’t attempt hand to hand combat if someone else is killing my kids. Secondly, I wouldn’t just then, after my husband supposedly just killed my kids, wrap them all up and go to my job site and dispose of them there. I’m assuming most people would be so freaked out, there’s no way they could or would want to do anything but immediately call the police after that horror... Most could not compose themselves and cover up the deaths of your entire family— especially if you were the victim in that situation. And I definitely wouldn’t just go to work and pretend nothing happened and then lie to the police for two days. It just doesn’t make sense.

So, back to the demonization of Mr. Watts: After some thoughtful consideration; I’ve decided his defense is utterly ridiculous and it’s odd they were all killed by the same manner of death if there were two different killers. I think what he has admitted to warrants negative characterizations because an innocent person doesn’t throw their own babies in a vat of oil and bury their pregnant wife in a shallow grave... And to me, it doesn’t matter if SW was or wasn’t a peach of a wife; she and her kids never deserved that horrid fate given to them by their father and husband.

I also believe, through the manner of their deaths that CW (for whatever reasons) hated and resented his entire family.
So this guy is saying he had to kill Shanann as she was killing their babies but he dumped their bodies surreptitiously in a remote oil field.

I'm just dreading what he will say next about why he did that.
My guess: He loved her so much that he didn't want to destroy her reputation and image. He didn't want people to see her as a baby killer. :mad:

I wonder if he promised his mistress he'd leave his family. His mistress had to know he had a wife. She's not like Amber Fry.
Exactly, I’ve read people trying to make excuses for her, “maybe she didn’t know, maybe he told her they were separated” - but she was supposedly a co-worker, so she knew... In this day and age, you should research anyone before dating them, and there are plenty of resources available so I have a difficult time excusing the mistress even if she didn’t work with him.
I’ve seen very FEW if any that weren’t convicted of murder after jury found out defendant was cheating ... it’s true, cheaters rarely win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper