Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CW is all about image. The social media, the happy family photos, "everything is great!" and the thought of him looking like the complete that he is to his family, friends, co-workers, mistress, etc. is too hard for him. Instead, he wants to look like the caring, protective father who saw his kids being killed and jumped into action to try to save them even if it meant killing his wife/unborn son in the process because that's how he wants to be viewed. That's best case scenario for him right now given the circumstances. That's why he created this absolutely ridiculous story that I hope prosecutors completely shred in court.

I will say I considered some of your thoughts in the beginning... maybe he was just a nice guy who snapped. Maybe she was controlling, spending all of HIS money frivolously... sure there are women like that in the world.
But, why so much anger directed at those babies? So much so that he desecrated their bodies - callously throwing them in oil? Omg!
Did she force him to join Thrive? Force him to take Thrive? He went from a chubby guy to a muscular one. One who was having an affair. Whose taking steroids? Her or him?
Wasn’t it his idea to move over a thousand miles away from family and friends? Someone who is trying to control someone does this, not the meek and mild mannered one.
Thrive may have similar results to steroids - which may be what caused him to SNAP...maybe he can sue them after he’s put on death row???
Bottom line, by killing his wife and then placing his daughters in a tank full of crude oil - he removed the doubts I had ‘momentarily’ of who was the victim and who was the one in control. The one in control is usually the one left standing.

That's what I'm having such a hard time with - the babies. Him killing Shannan was horrible, completely uncalled for regardless of what she did/didn't do, and her being pregnant makes it 10x worse. But those innocent children I just can't find ANY, at all, reason for him to not only kill them but then dump their bodies the way that he did. It's sickening. And even IF (and that's the biggest "IF" in the world) his story about how this all went down is true it will never, ever explain or excuse throwing his babies away in a container of oil and then going about his business until the walls closed in.

It takes a lot to put your hands around the necks of your own very young children and choke them to death. That is an extremely brutal, personal way to kill someone.

I'm going to be curious to learn if he was physically abusive to Shannan or their girls in the past.

I have read a statistic that men who attempt to choke their partners in domestic violence attacks are much more likely to eventually kill them than men who do not resort to choking during their physical abuse.

I think he killed the children because they saw daddy killing mommy and he didn't want to go to jail forever, same reason he's blaming Shanann for killing them.

I’m torn between this and him seeing his daughters as an inconvenience to starting his new life where he could be free of the burden he felt his family was.

I’m just glad he did that tv interview because that is really going to help convict him.

A Google Maps search using the coordinates of the site, which are included in the affidavit, shows a desolate area in which a dirt road leads to a couple of large oil tanks.
Watts%20body%20location.jpg

This 2018 Google Maps image shows the location where Chris Watts, 33, of Frederick, Colorado, disposed of the bodies of his pregnant wife, Shanann Watts, 34, and their daughters, Bella, 4, and 3-year-old Celeste. Investigators found the girls' bodies submerged in crude oil inside the two tanks shown. Shanann Watts' body was buried in a shallow grave near the tanks. The bodies were dumped at a work site belonging to Anadarko Petroleum Corp., for whom Chris Watts worked prior to his arrest, about 60 miles from the family's home.
Shanann Watts’ girls may have been dead when she got home, husband’s c

Take note of remoteness - nothing visible for miles.

It’s more likely IMO that she came home and told him she wanted a divorce because he was cheating and she knew it. She asked him to leave, he agreed calmly and then He was the one who went upstairs to kiss the girls goodbye - strangling them - and she saw him on the monitor but she couldn’t stop him! She tried to resuscitate them - placing her DNA on their necks. They always tell partial truth or their actions become the actions of the victim ... what better way to be believed than to say they responded the way their victim responded?
ITA and think that scenario very likely happened. I also think he hid her phone so she couldn't call LE.

There needs to be a serious rethink about filming & taking pictures of relatives of people who have been murdered going through the worst grief and distress a person can imagine. It is hard enough coping without ending up on the news or the lead story of the global Daily Mail website. I found it totally insensitive, inappropriate and frankly disgusting

Fully agree - I’m not 100% but I believe this is just a USA thing as I’ve never seen televised court hearings in the UK or Australia

Bottom line, by killing his wife and then placing his daughters in a tank full of crude oil - he removed the doubts I had ‘momentarily’ of who was the victim and who was the one in control. The one in control is usually the one left standing.

Thank you for this post. I am not liking some of the mental gymnastics being used to victim-blame Shanann around here. At all. Scott Peterson, the Menendez Brothers, even James Holmes (if you can believe it!) have all had their groupies and excuse-makers. I certainly hope CW doesn't become one of them. :(

If he watched his wife in the process of strangling his child, then killed her, his next move should have been to try to recusitate his child. There would have been a frantic 911 call that included instructions about life saving measures he could take to save that child's life.

It takes a lot to put your hands around the necks of your own very young children and choke them to death. That is an extremely brutal, personal way to kill someone.

I'm going to be curious to learn if he was physically abusive to Shannan or their girls in the past.

I have read a statistic that men who attempt to choke their partners in domestic violence attacks are much more likely to eventually kill them than men who do not resort to choking during their physical abuse.
I've read that too. And that strangulation in domestic violence should be charged the same as attempted murder.

I know we need to stay away from sleuthing the mistress so I won't go there, I promise.

I'm curious about how long the affair was going on. If it had been going on awhile and things were getting more serious that may explain why this happened now. He began to view a future with her as a real possibility and Shannan and the kids were a roadblock to that.

I'm also curious as to what he has told her because that's going to be very telling. Did he tell her he had a wife and children but was unhappy in his marriage? Or did she had no idea and think he was a single bachelor? The reason this is relevant, IMO, is because if she didn't know he had a wife and kids and their relationship was beginning to become a lot more serious he needed to end that part of his life ASAP before she found out. Or, was he worried Shannan knew or was starting to find out who she was/that the affair was going on and would go blow his cover?

He was fired right before the arrest.

I highly doubt he was fired on the actual day of the arrest. I suspect he was fired (notified) on the Thursday but with effect from the Wednesday. There is no way he would have been at work on the Tuesday or Wednesday and they would have fired him as soon as he was arrested on the Wednesday evening, with effect from close of business Wednesday.

Weld County DA announces charges against Christopher Watts

Aug 20, 2018

"Shanann Watts' father read from a prepared statement before Weld County DA Michael Rourke announced the charges against Christopher Watts"

---

Chris Watts waives preliminary hearing in court appearance, will be held without bond

Aug 21, 2018

"Chris Watts was told Tuesday at an advisement hearing in a Weld County courtroom that he faces nine felony counts, including first-degree murder and unlawful termination of a pregnancy, in connection with the deaths of his wife and two daughters in Frederick last week."

---

Shanann Watts' father weeps as husband is charged with killing family - Daily Mail

Aug 21, 2018

"Frankie Rzucek, 55, the father of murdered Shannan Watts broke down in tears as his son-in-law Christopher Watts 33, was charged with nine felony counts in court on Tuesday. Watts whose hands and legs were shackled did not lift his not lift his head to acknowledge his father-in-law as he shuffled out of the third-floor courtroom. Judge Kopcow told him that if found guilty of the murder charges he could face the death penalty and in any case will never see life outside of prison. Watts is accused of murdering his 15-week pregnant wife and their two daughters, Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, at their Frederick, Colorado home last week."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SW father is the correc
I think he killed the children because they saw daddy killing mommy and he didn't want to go to jail forever, same reason he's blaming Shanann for killing them.
I first thought that also. Bit leaning towards the children being a burden. Wants to see lover. Get rid of children freedom. Then wife is 3 hours late and he's freaking angry. Children had no chance with the rage he was in. He may of raged on phone to SW in a fit. That may of made Nicole worry about SW. CW may of been enraged allot.....thus separation of 6 weeks??? SW Walked on eggshells?

I highly doubt he was fired on the actual day of the arrest. I suspect he was fired (notified) on the Thursday but with effect from the Wednesday. There is no way he would have been at work on the Tuesday or Wednesday and they would have fired him as soon as he was arrested on the Wednesday evening, with effect from close of business Wednesday.
Anadarko said late Thursday morning that Chris was fired by the company on Wednesday.

“We are heart-broken by this, and our thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones and friends of the Watts family. We will continue to support law enforcement in its investigation,” company spokeswoman Jennifer Brice said in a statement.
Chris Watts case: Everything we know so far about the alleged murders of his wife, daughters

I am curious if the girls were dead before she got home and maybe he placed them in their beds like they were sleeping so SW wouldn’t know right away. They had their argument and He went downstairs. Then perhaps when he saw her on the monitor it was her actually trying to wake them and in a panic/rage he then attacked her.

Respectfully, I don't think he saw anything on any monitor. He still doesn't want to take responsibility for this. A coward with his newly buff body. (I saw a short little video on him once giving a talk on how to keep your marriage together-- Yes, scary but true) he was quite a bit heavier.) Looks like he lost a lot of weight and buffed up for his new girlfriend.
It's been quite a while since I used a baby monitor, so are the new ones able to save what they see? Again, I don't think it would show S.W. killing her children.

Sad all around. My daughter is a hot mess taking care of twins, all of a sudden she realizes the happy happy social media posts are just not real sometimes. How every single case like this seems like the guy is sure he won't get caught, is amazing to me. Happens all the time. They must think detectives are stupid.

I think he killed the children first and Shannon either watched him do it or found them in their beds posed just as the social media photo showed. He killed them to emotionally punish SW for wanting a separation. I think the premeditation is that he hid SW's cell phone before he killed her. She wouldn't have carried her phone into the children's bedroom to peak in on them.

A Google Maps search using the coordinates of the site, which are included in the affidavit, shows a desolate area in which a dirt road leads to a couple of large oil tanks.
Watts%20body%20location.jpg

This 2018 Google Maps image shows the location where Chris Watts, 33, of Frederick, Colorado, disposed of the bodies of his pregnant wife, Shanann Watts, 34, and their daughters, Bella, 4, and 3-year-old Celeste. Investigators found the girls' bodies submerged in crude oil inside the two tanks shown. Shanann Watts' body was buried in a shallow grave near the tanks. The bodies were dumped at a work site belonging to Anadarko Petroleum Corp., for whom Chris Watts worked prior to his arrest, about 60 miles from the family's home.
Shanann Watts’ girls may have been dead when she got home, husband’s c

Take note of remoteness - nothing visible for miles.
60 miles away! Did not know that! Driving with 3 dead bodies.....yuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member