Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Watts is real brave about bashing SW while sitting on her couch, with fawning interviewers giving her free rein. She isn't going to last 2 minutes standing up in court before melting into a pathetic mess of Christopher, oh Christopher!!.

Judgmental? Yes, I am. Grief can cause a person to briefly bypass "decent behavior filters" we all absorbed while growing up. But then a decent person is horrified at their own reaction, immediately apologizes, then withdraws from the attention stage to work it out in private, with loved ones.

Last edited:
I don't consider the comments by the Watts parents to be unethical. They have the same right to freedom of speech as the rest of us and are entitled to their opinions about they way they feel they--and their son--have been treated by the public defender's office. As victims, they can express their concern to the Court that their grandchildren are not receiving justice if the wrong parent is pleading guilty for a crime he did not commit.

The Judge considers the paternal grandparents victims and I doubt they remain silent after the hearing on Monday if the Judge accepts the guilty plea. JMO

This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. They haven’t been arrested for their comments.

No one is “entitled” to a platform to air their opinions. No one is obligated to listen to another’s opinion, take it on board, or respect it. Opinions are not fact.

I don’t respect their opinion at all.

They are deluded and have been spiteful and hurtful and people are reacting to their vile comments about an innocent victim of murder, at the hands of their own son.

That he murdered them all is fact, not opinion.

In a free country, people are free to react. Society has standards, and the backlash to their comments is reflective of those standards.

Obviously we're dealing with somebody with some either mental issues /mentally crippling parasites and this Frankenstein did what he did because he is obviously not on a normal wavelength. He latched onto Shannan when she was weak at that point but a strong person and he needed her and she made him stronger made him the best he ever was and then he got high on feeling good and went out and explored other venues took advantage of them (narcissistic= inflated sense of self importance) and was thinking like he was in some alternate universe where he could just get rid of what he didn't want for today so he could have what in his mind he thought he wanted ..

there's definitely some deep-rooted psychosis here stemming obviously from his upbringing!!!

Here’s my periodic reminder that people with mental illness are more likely to be the victims of violence than perpetrators, and that not all killers have mental illness. I don’t think he’s psychotic. I haven’t seen evidence that he has any diagnosable mental illness. His upbringing may have contributed to maladaptive coping skills and attachment styles, but that is not an illness.

This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. They haven’t been arrested for their comments.

No one is “entitled” to a platform to air their opinions. No one is obligated to listen to another’s opinion, take it on board, or respect it. Opinions are not fact.

They are deluded and have been spiteful and hurtful and people are reacting to their vile comments about an innocent victim of murder, at the hands of their own son.

In a free country, people are free to react. Society has standards, and the backlash to their comments is reflective of those standards.

Yes! Freedom of speech only means you can’t be legally punished for your statements (within reason—excluding libel/slander and hate speech). People can react and tell you exactly what they think of your opinions.

Happy morning guys!

I woke up to the thought that we may be off base in thinking Mama W will take her opportunity Monday to bash Shanann. I'm now thinking more along the lines of 'fine. His lawyers won't let me speak to him, I will speak at him in open court then!'. Which almost makes me sad for her, her son doesn't wish to speak to her so strongly that she is going to this length to have her say at him. (Almost. Not quite)

I find myself singing the Mother piece from 'The Trial' off of Pink Floyd's 'The Wall'

Baaaaaaaaaabe!
Come to mother baby, let me hold you in my arms! M'lord I never wanted him to get in any trouble why'd he EVER have to leave me? Worm Your Honor, let me take him home....'

As bad as Scott’s family is, nothing bothered me to the extent that Todd Kohlhepp’s mother did.

The excuses she made on 48 Hours, absolutely infuriated me. She knew what he had done, but basically brushed it off as him losing his temper, claiming he was “misunderstood.”

Like a mass murder and serial sexual offender/killer can ever be “misunderstood.”

Oh, that woman! So much to unpack there.
I will never ever forget her minimizing how he raped that girl as a teenager because he walked her home afterwards. It blew me away.

Last edited:
Did anyone think the way Mrs Watts described the girls was slightly unusual? She was focused on their temperament, which could also be seen as their behaviour.. Eg one calm, one a firecracker.

I wouldn't normally think much of it but with everything else such as the lack of emotion etc its missing details. Who were the girls? What did they like? What were the into doing? People are more than their temperament. IMO maybe she doesn't really know them and I wonder how well she tried to get to know them.

As for CW, he stood on his porch when his kids were missing and was asked to describe them. Again same thing.. Temperament. If my kids were missing, I would be giving info that would help locate them.. Eg clothing, height, looks, interests as well as temperament.

JMO and maybe Im over analyzing it
I think what the descriptions showed me (both the ones dished up by their father on the porch and then their grandmother in her interview) was that they were only capable of thinking in terms of how Christopher was reflected (or not - in the case of CeCe) in his daughters. I haven't actually seen the extended interview with Mother Watts because it's not available in my location, but going by what has been stated about it here. So it's more of the same really - quite narcissistic. An anecdote or two would have been nice about the kinds of things that they loved to do, or that made them smile.

Not really. The only time I've seen a judge stop a statement is when the lady started cursing.
In the sentencing of Tex McIver the victims were stopped by the judge (mid-flow) from speaking directly to the convict. That is from memory, I haven't watched it back to refresh my memory, but I know they had to leave out pages of what they had written and they weren't prepared for that.

I don't consider the comments by the Watts parents to be unethical. They have the same right to freedom of speech as the rest of us and are entitled to their opinions about they way they feel they--and their son--have been treated by the public defender's office. As victims, they can express their concern to the Court that their grandchildren are not receiving justice if the wrong parent is pleading guilty for a crime he did not commit.

The Judge considers the paternal grandparents victims and I doubt they remain silent after the hearing on Monday if the Judge accepts the guilty plea. JMO

Those two things aren’t exclusive though. They can have the freedom of speech and it still be unethical. It’s not that they’re speaking that is upsetting people. It’s message behind what they are saying or going to say. It is absolutely unethical to bash a victim. So unethical it’s even against this forums rules, too bad real life doesn’t work that way.

They could have supported their son without bashing the victims, It’s called tact. But they didn’t choose that route and let their selfishness show more than a little. It’s heartbreaking to see and hear. I think there are zero doubts that they will keep with this same mantra any chance they get. It really is too bad they didn’t choose to handle this differently. I wish they would have shown love for their daughter in law and grandchildren. It’s caused pain for the other family and really set the tone. I hope they can get what they need from Chris and then make their wrongs right. A persons hurt shouldn’t cause another to suffer even more.

I agree. Not a word (unless it’s No Sir). I’d be surprised if he wanted to speak. I’d be shocked if it were for any length of time or included explanations or an apology.

He's a coward. I also doubt he will say anything. There is nothing left to convince us of. We know he lied. He killed them all. Game over.

Exactly. The Watts family could have chosen to respond decently and respectfully, yet they didn't. That says plenty about their character. Those that choose to support them are showing their character, such as it is, also.

He's a coward. I also doubt he will say anything. There is nothing left to convince us of. We know he lied. He killed them all. Game over.
I doubt he will say a thing.

However, I wouldn't be completely surprised if he said something cryptic like "I take responsibility".

Get it? Mrs. Watts would LOVE that.

“Like. I’m really sorry I like, killed my entire family. Shanan like, was like, being mean to me, and I like, snapped. I became emotional, and like, the next thing I like knew, she was like dead.

I blacked out, and when I came to, I like noticed that my kids were like, dead.

I like, panicked, and drove their bodies to work, and stuffed them into the oil tanks there.”

Innocent mistake.

Ugh, can you imagine him explaining his cheating to Shanann?
“I, like, accidentally slipped and like fell in the bed with her.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members