Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NUA, the Thayers and NK are heroes in my book because they all contacted LE as soon as they realised something was very wrong. DA Rourke said he’d never wrapped up a case so quickly and it’s largely due to them.

It is clear Shanann had many people looking out for her, she seems to have been well loved by those who knew her. He, on the other hand, has had few people speak of him fondly, certainly none I have seen from his current life. His friendship with Mr Thayer seems to me to be as a result of Shannan's friendship with Mrs Thayer. Even his own mother had to resort to insulting Shanann in order to portray him in a positive light. He strikes me as a nothing person really, non descript. Now he is known worldwide and still not liked. Imo.

Wow...this is the first time I have seen the Mother's interview. Talk about a self-centered woman! She KNOWS that he murdered her daughter in law and her grandchildren. I can't even imagine being so unemotional. No tears. She blames Shan'aan non stop. She is defended against thinking that she raised a boy who could become a murderer. That is understandable. But when asked what she would say to Shan'ann's parents? She hesitates and is SO cold. Awful just awful. :(

i keep thinking this had to be a pretty rash decision for CW to kill his family. It just doesn’t make sense. If he had thought this thru at all, he wouldn’t have left a trail of text messages with NK. Even if he didn’t have a lot of knowledge about crime investigations, this is basic common sense.

I wonder if there truly was an “emotional conversation” (ie full out war) when she got home. He told her he met someone else, whatever. He kills her but kids wake up. At that point he had to kill them (and that’s the “deliberate” act the DA referred to).

Nothing else makes sense (not that murdering your kids does either). Also when you look at many family pictures and videos, he DOES look happy and in love with his kids.

I wonder if his parents will now go after LeVel to see if the patches contain something that caused their son to become violent. Mama has to find something.
I don't think it was a rash decision at all. I believe he did spend a lot of time thinking it through. His intention was to make people believe she had left with the kids. He told people weeks in advance that he wanted a separation. He may have felt the text messages to his lover would just be evidence that Shanann got angry and threatened him telling him he would never see his kids again.
He had told the VI that Shanann refused to believe that he wanted out. His original story may have been to say that she became enraged or irrational when she finally realized the truth and that's why she took off.
Then there is his behavior in the weeks before the murder. He had distanced himself from his family. The affair would have helped him do that. If there is really a letter, than that is further evidence in my opinion. He would have needed to separate himself emotionally from them in order to minimize them and dehumanize them, which would have made it easier to eliminate them. I also think he had intense anger brewing inside him for years. I believe he had spent a great deal of time thinking it over in his mind before he killed them. Imo

I think it is so weird, well everything with his family is weird, is that his dad was flying back home before they knew what had happened. If I understood her correctly, she said Ronnie was on the way back to the airport when the police called and said that Chris wanted to talk to him . Who leaves when your DIL and grandchildren are still missing? Surely his employer would have understood. Edited to add, I would not be asking if you needed us to come down, I would have already been at the airport.

That is a point that I totally missed, thanks. I had always assumed that when he said he wanted to talk to his father, that his father was still waiting for him in the police station. Why would a father would leave their son in the police station and head back to the airport when the family was missing? I agree.

Last edited:
Wow...this is the first time I have seen the Mother's interview. Talk about a self-centered woman! She KNOWS that he murdered her daughter in law and her grandchildren. I can't even imagine being so unemotional. No tears. She blames Shan'aan non stop. She is defended against thinking that she raised a boy who could become a murderer. That is understandable. But when asked what she would say to Shan'ann's parents? She hesitates and is SO cold. Awful just awful. :(
I must have missed the part about the question about what she would say to Shanann's parents. Do you remember what her answer was?

Iirc, she has done four live interviews so far. Three on one day and one on the next day if I recall correctly.

That is a point that I totally missed, thanks. I had always assumed that when he said he wanted to talk to his father, that his father was still waiting for him in the police station. What father would leave their son in the police station and head back to the airport when the family was missing? I agree.
Right?? I had just edited my statement . You think they would stay for their son.

That is a point that I totally missed, thanks. I had always assumed that when he said he wanted to talk to his father, that his father was still waiting for him in the police station. What father would leave their son in the police station and head back to the airport when the family was missing? I agree.
I think that CW's parents knew from the beginning and basically didn't care. They are showing NO anger or grief about their own GRANDCHILDREN which to me speaks volumes. They hated Shan'Ann more than they loved their own grandchildren! Their own flesh and blood...that creeps me out so very much, I just cannot wrap my head around such an attitude. It stuns me.

One thing that I was quite surprised at was that NK allowed her face to be shown. I would thing she would want to lessen the chance of some nutcase recognizing her somewhere down the road.
She most likely will be petrified to ever date again without an FBI check on the person.
I think it was a wise decision to have her picture shown. It will avoid the media scramble to be the first to get her picture and a story on her on Monday. It has satisfied people's curiousity. She has taken the control into her own hands. Jmo

I think it was a wise decision to have her picture shown. It will avoid the media scramble to be the first to get her picture and a story on her on Monday. It has satisfied people's curiousity. She has taken the control into her own hands. Jmo

Yes I suppose and it was most likely suggested that she do it that way.
Of course they will still be scrambling Monday to get whatever pictures of everyone that is there.

I know there might be more info tomorrow, but this is still bothering me. How could the DA charge Chris with the murders of the girls without evidence that is very clear and would definitely stick? If there is that evidence, wouldn’t the defense and Chris know that already? So is that why the plea deal happened? And why the only people talking about how Chris ‘would never kill the girls’ are ... Chris’s mom, maybe dad, Chris’s supporters on the internet, etc.? In other words, the only people right now who know for sure that he killed the girls are the DA, defense attorneys, and Chris? But then why did the DA say at the plea deal press conference that he doesn’t know when/what time the girls were killed? If the DA doesn’t know, then how can they charge Chris with that confidently?

That is a point that I totally missed, thanks. I had always assumed that when he said he wanted to talk to his father, that his father was still waiting for him in the police station. Why would a father would leave their son in the police station and head back to the airport when the family was missing? I agree.
I always thought that his dad flew out there, and Chris told him a big long lie story, and that he and Shanann had separated, or Shanann just ‘took off’. And either his dad decided to fly back home, or Chris told him to. And dad thought or was told it wasn’t as big of a deal as initially thought? But I agree. It is very weird. What parent wouldn’t be like ... ‘What the HELL is going on here? I am not going anywhere yet.’ How many days was his dad actually there in CO?

It is really sad that their Thanksgiving holiday will be based around this hearing and then the autopsy release. The entire Holiday Season this year will be torturous for them. As will the next several seasons, most likely.

I am glad that they have other grandchildren, that will enable them to get into the swing of things as years go on. There will be recitals, and sports, and graduations, so they will be able to celebrate family. But it will always be bittersweet...
They don't have other grandkids

Great insight. It was on from day 1 and Moma was never going to concede that her opinion did not matter. It was probably the first time Chris ever went against her wishes.
Very true and also everything she says about him when she descibes what he is like is basically up until the point that he met Shanann. She gives details of what he was like as a child and as a young man, but basically nothing about what he was like in the last eight years. Since he met Shanann she likely has no idea who he really is, except for what he wanted her to believe. She still sees him as the child he was when he was under her control, and refuses to see anything else. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe