GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Nick is NUA’s son and they truly are heroes.
Well said. And so many of her closest friends, near and far, got involved SO EARLY ON - that very day! It is breathtaking and heartwarming. I wish we had a better outcome for them in that SW and her babies could have been saved.

And may I add I think your furry friend is the cutest thing?! Great picture/avatar!

I’m torn. After reading the document, unless I am missing something, it appears that the issue of Bolte’s veracity was never settled.

There were things in there that seemed credible, but there were no communications discovered between the two.

There was apparently nothing revealed in his search history, that indicates that CW is in fact gay, or even bisexual.

It’s still a big maybe for me.

A person doesn't have to be gay or bisexual in order to have sex with someone of the same sex.

It can just be kink. Risk behaviors. Typical stuff with psychopaths IMO.

But clearly there's a lot about this guy no one knew.

I'm curious to know, did reading the pdf change your opinion about anything in this case?

Before I read it, I thought the main women players were controlling b*tches, the main male players were weak, and that all of them had a role in this tragedy including the role of the giant albatross house and private school tuition.

But as I read further, I felt like I could identify with all of them --- the victims, the families, the killer, the cops, the witnesses, the friends, the APs.

What could have been done to stop these murders?!

That's amazing that county jail is worse than prison. Because technically, aren't the people held there not yet convicted of anything? So I would think they should (in theory) have it better than those who have been adjudicated and found to be actually guilty of something...as opposed to someone who might be "innocent" yet awaiting trial. IMO
Prison you have MUCH MORE FREEDOM. County jail you're usually locked down unless you're going to court that day!

And continue to look into Aspen trip.....

So much of what he does is shocking & repulsive but this is one that *really* got to me. She does the research to find a place, locate a groupon and plan the trip. He then kills her & wants to use his murdered wife’s work to take his mistress to the place where he was supposed to be reconnecting with his wife. Once again, he has to take credit for something Shanann has done because he truly is that stupid, unimaginative, cruel and downright psycho

I don't think any lawyer has the authority to block any inmate from seeing a vistior. That would have to be something the inmate would decide. The Plea was a smart move because it got him to prison quicker. Look this guy knew he was never getting out, and COUNTY JAIL REALLY SUCKS. Prison is much better. Don't kid yourself, there is a BIG difference. Although he's not gonna have much of a life inside the Colorado slam and he lacks an out date. So for him to take any inmate programs really means nothing. Won't change his sentence. Every six months they will evaluate him, Counselor, Case Manager, Unit Manager and maybe a shrink to make sure he hasn't violated any rules and is in complaince.
How do CO prisons compare to others?
What state has the worst prisons and what state has the best?

The inmate may act upon his attorney's advice though? It's odd to me he basically has refused all contact and input. Inmate decision or attorney advice?
True, but it's the inmate's decision. The lawyer can't call the jail and just say, "Oh, by the way, block my client from seeing his parents!" That's not gonna happen. If Watts didn't wanna see anyone that was his choice!

The inmate may act upon his attorney's advice though? It's odd to me he basically has refused all contact and input. Inmate decision or attorney advice?
I think maybe his lawyers gave him good advice. After the way he spilled his guts in the interview( without representation), they might have thought it just wasn't safe to let him talk to anyone. Plus all phone calls are recorded. LE was just hovering every day to see if he talked to anyone.

I'm curious to know, did reading the pdf change your opinion about anything in this case?

Before I read it, I thought the main women players were controlling b*tches, the main male players were weak, and that all of them had a role in this tragedy including the role of the giant albatross house and private school tuition.

But as I read further, I felt like I could identify with all of them --- the victims, the families, the killer, the cops, the witnesses, the friends, the APs.

What could have been done to stop these murders?!
Nothing perhaps, because he was hell bent and Shannan did what she could.

Women standing up against referring to their women sisters as controlling b*tches may be a start. jmo

How do CO prisons compare to others?
What state has the worst prisons and what state has the best?
All prisons suck. But you wanna see some bad places, get locked up in Texas, Louisianna, Mississippi. Colorado DOC is a real small system. About 20,000 inmates. 767 lifers. There are much worse place to go let me tell you!

So much of what he does is shocking & repulsive but this is one that *really* got to me. She does the research to find a place, locate a groupon and plan the trip. He then kills her & wants to use his murdered wife’s work to take his mistress to the place where he was supposed to be reconnecting with his wife. Once again, he has to take credit for something Shanann has done because he truly is that stupid, unimaginative, cruel and downright psycho
Well, you know Shanann handled the finances and researched the groupon discounts. He just drifted along.

They were 3 months behind on their mortgage plus $1500 due in HOA fees. Both he and SW were in denial about their spending.

Although CW sure as hell realized that he could save the private school money by calling the girls' school to say that they would not be coming.

Last edited:
Yes. There was no way a 30 yr old woman who was active on FB ( until this all broke loose) and was having an affair with a married man, did not do some online research into his wife/home life. I didn't believe one word out of her mouth. When I saw that posed studio photograph that accompanied the interview I thought it obvious there was some 'spin' involved. Damage control.
She absolutely did look at the Facebook pages of SW sometime in July. There is no way she missed the pregnancy if you ask me. I think she lied her *** off to LE/CBI and their lack of redactions to their investigative reports to save her some embarrassment were warranted and deserved as a result. You come clean when you are an interviewed important witness to an investigation into missing children and a pregnant woman. That is not the time to play games. It wastes time and resources and sets a bad precedent for people not coming clean to assist with a case. At that point, all she knew is they were missing under suspicious circumstances. I'm sure they did not appreciate it, and I certainly didn't. Her entire Denver Post interview was riddled with demonstrable lies, and I hope they write a follow up to update those portions that are proven false by these reports.

True, but it's the inmate's decision. The lawyer can't call the jail and just say, "Oh, by the way, block my client from seeing his parents!" That's not gonna happen. If Watts didn't wanna see anyone that was his choice!
Got ya. The murder's mother seemed to make it as though she was shut down by the attorneys. Thank you for clarifying the process.

Yes. I want to take more time ad re-read the interrogation interviews and the CW's polygraph. Remember the part where the investigator's line of questioning to CW was something like , "So you lost a lot of weight and your body was in great shape. And yeah, you were cheating on Shanann and that's why you worked out so much. I get it"

That guy scared me to death! I can’t believe CW was able to keep his cool & I’m dying to see those interviews. I think I’d be screaming, crying and confessing to just about anything for him to stop messing with my mind! Of course, I’ll never sit with an FBI agent without a lawyer and laryngitis. He was so good!

Last edited:
Well, it is a large company and probably one of the biggest job providers in the area.

The affair was not the company's fault, but their bad luck, and what company likes bad publicity?

Obviously, she got fired.
Anadarko contracted with her actual employer and it would probably be easy for them to tell their contractor we don’t want her anymore. If her employer made a fuss about it, they could start looking for another contractor. Not worth it.

In turn, her actual employee would have cause because she just got dumped by their client. I’m sure client satisfaction is part of her performance review.

All that aside, CO is an “employment at will” state. As long as you’re not terminating someone for race, gender, age, etc legally you can fire anyone you want whenever you want for no reason at all.

If she was one of the few female employees they had, she could hit them with a sexual discrimination lawsuit, but she’s less likely to do that w/her father’s employed by the same company.

She seems exactly the type to try a lawsuit, though I doubt she’d win because Anadarko probably has some evidence other company rules were broken by her and CW even if affairs aren’t forbidden. In all likelihood Anadarko would settle quietly out of court. Between the house that blew up in Firestone and this mess they’re eager to avoid any more negative publicity.

If she does sue thiugh I hope they don’t fold.
I include Anadarko in my list of people/ entities that did everything right IMO to help the investigation.

All prisons suck. But you wanna see some bad places, get locked up in Texas, Louisianna, Mississippi. Colorado DOC is a real small system. About 20,000 inmates. 767 lifers. There are much worse place to go let me tell you!
Canned Sheriff Arpaio, pink panties and sleeping in tents in the scorching heat.
I imagine the south is Cool Hand Luke.

Have you seen a big change in prisons since the opioid addiction crisis?

Me too. Oh her mascara was probably running as tears of pain and horror leaked from her eyes during the strangulation.

And maybe on one occasion she did say those words to him.

There's always a grain of truth. True. His text at 5:06 pm that day to his work mate in order to ensure he had privacy at the very same location he ended up dumping the bodies the next day, makes clear this was coldly premeditated. At least to me.

Just like Christian Longo. I think he made a decision and carried it through when he got the chance.

The whole thing is gruesome.
Yes, he had other "emotional conversations" to draw on and remember the imagery of very recently - the couple nights they spent at home before she left to AZ come to mind.

Well, you know Shanann handled the finances and researched the groupon discounts. He just drifted along.

They were 3 months behind on their mortgage plus $1500 due in HOA fees. Both he and SW were in denial about their spending.

Although CW sure as hell realized that he could save the private school money by calling the girls' school to say that they would be coming.
Yes, it is perplexing, considering their money problems caused them such stress, that they still carried on spending like crazy. Private schools for toddlers but 3 months behind with the mortgage. Just don't get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme