GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am chuckling inside thinking that CW thought he was chummy with the CBI, meanwhile they secretly recorded him and blasted his picture to the world. My guess is this is the last time he will be speaking with them.
They did their job, and they did it well right? I know they’re professionals, but it must absolutely turn their stomach to have to “befriend” some of these guys to get them to talk.

I'm about 30 minutes in where the interviewer panders to CW's meek, good ol' boy b.s., leading him to say that it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't had an affair with NK.
It's truly nauseating how CW claims that the situation controlled him rather than him being in control.
Although NK had checked him and SW out before, she wasn't the one actively pursuing him and controlling the situation.
It's obvious from the timing of the affair that he was the pursuer, since he knew how long his family was going to be gone and had his plan to woo NK all mapped out.
And if NK had picked any other married man with kids, that man wouldn't have turned into a family annihilator.
But if CW had picked a different mistress he became equally infatuated with, then he still would have murdered his family.
Zero sympathy for NK, but to suggest that it wouldn't have happened if not for her is to downplay what a monster he truly is, IMO.
"The situation controlled him." It was NK's fault that he cheated. CW is just a jellyfish rocked to and fro by the tides. Nothing is EVER HIS fault.

He seriously needs to man up.

CW said no one should be defined by one moment of their life. I say, SW, NW, BW and CcW were, unfortunately, denied ALL the rest of their moments. What about them?
Snipped for brevity.
Bolding mine.

^^^ Well, CW is wrong in the head.

A person can live an exemplary life and appear to be a doting parent, a loving spouse, and a responsible employee.
However, just one murder will show the world who you really are.
CW committed three depraved acts of horror.

We all know, now, what he always was inside -- but he carefully disguised it !
Eta : emphasis

Last edited:
I’m sorry but THIS WAS UNFORGIVABLE.

hear hear!

Hey, I hear you. Believe me, this is one of the worst cases imaginable, and it just got even worse with the new info this week. As a husband and father myself, I cannot even begin to put myself in the mind of a man who could do this. It is not easy for us to forgive in cases like this. That is just what I was taught. Because not forgiving just eats away at a person, is what I have learned in my life. But I did not have any family murdered.

SW’s parents are showing amazing strength and grace when facing such immense tragedy, as an example.

From above:

“What a wonderful family and life this guy would have had. Sexual lust may be more powerful than we know in some people. Powerful enough to take over the love of his own children, commitment, compassion, and reasoning.“

Well said.
No he wouldn't have. He had no life at all. He was a Sock Puppet.

Plus "happy" is subjective. Not everyone wants to live a reality tv style life. I couldn't deal with that myself. I would be so not happy. ( I'd still still peace loving and cute, but yeah, I like my privacy).

One thing I'm picking up from these CO murderer(s) is that everything can happen so quickly and the victims don't really see it coming. So how do you know?
Wouldn't we all like to know!

We never can know. How much time we get is a crap shoot. Some people get a hundred years+ others don't even get one day. No one gets any guarantees. A lot of people died this morning who had plans for tonight. All we really have for sure is right now.

In marriages recovering from the lies and deceit of an affair, there's a thing called trickle truth. It's where the cheater never tells the whole truth from the beginning when he is found out. Instead, the truth comes out in trickles. Every couple of weeks or months, he comes clean about a detail he previously lied about before. The cheater will claim it is because he is protecting those he loves from the full intensity of pain his actions will cause.

I feel like CW is treating these murders in the same fashion.

I found some quotes about trickle truth that are illuminating:

The reality is that response is still all about them - protecting themselves from having to deal with the extent of their partner’s pain – the real consequences of their actions. The pain of their shame (and it is very painful). It is like them saying: “I have done something really wrong that I hope one day you will forgive me for but I don’t want to tell you what it is – OK?”

There is also an element for some that they have lost touch with reality. They have spent so much time lying and covering up it has become second nature and they find it hard to tell fact from fiction. The lies just roll off their tongue.

You are more gracious than I.

I hope God forgives him but I also hope he is miserable every day as he reaps the consequences of his deeds.

House him alone with no human contact ever; then your hope that he isn't attacked will come to fruition. (Please say you're okay with him falling and busting his head occasionally!)

I disagree with you that this could not have been prevented. Chris made many decisions each day to keep himself alive....eating, sleeping, driving carefully, etc. so I don't think life-preserving decisions for his family were so impossible.

MOO
I'm with you! Even hell is too warm for this . I would prefer he be banished somewhere dark freezing cold...and oily.

I'm catching up on this thread so I may have missed this mentioned, but I'm 90 minutes into the interview and one of the things that sticks out to me is CW saying (paraphrased here and in reference to his 45 minute drive to the tanks), "I kept wondering if I could have saved them [the girls]."

Saved them? They were still alive at that point....
or were they?

I am 37 years old, and I have experienced one absolute rage experience after my husband betrayed my trust and our relationship. It was absolutely terrifying from a psychological point of view.

However, I did not attack my husband or engage in any type of physical violence. I walked out the door with our two kids to calm down and take a drive. It never occurred to me to hurt our kids or anyone else. This happened 5 years ago and it still scares me; I truly hope I never feel that way again.

While I have experienced rage, I don’t understand murdering your family. If CW’s account was true, I will never understand how he could drive for 45 minutes and still do what he did. It’s absolutely heartbreaking.

I'm catching up on this thread so I may have missed this mentioned, but I'm 90 minutes into the interview and one of the things that sticks out to me is CW saying (paraphrased here and in reference to his 45 minute drive to the tanks), "I kept wondering if I could have saved them [the girls]."

or were they?

IKR? Weird choice of words. Saved them from whom? Himself? Seems like he's going for the old "the devil made me do it" defense.

To me it implies premeditation.

I think he likes the attention and will keep throwing out tidbits to get it. MOO

Nah I think he will be pissed when hears that it was all released. They told him they had no plans to release any of it. They had hidden mics and he didn't even know they were coming to talk to him ahead of time. He thought he was just speaking candidly, to fill them in and to make things right for lying to them. I am fairly confident that he won't be speaking to them directly ever again....MOO

or were they?
Yes, apparently he did not kill them until after they had watched him bury Shanann. Then Bella witnessed him smothering Ce- Ce, and after he had disposed of her body in the tank he did the same to poor Bella!

Snipped for brevity.
Bolding mine.

^^^ Well, CW is wrong in the head.

A person can live an exemplary life and appear to be a doting parent, a loving spouse, and a responsible employee.
However, just one murder will show the world who you really are.
CW committed three depraved acts of horror.

We all know, now, what he always was inside -- but he carefully disguised it !
Eta : emphasis
Four, not three.

IKR? Weird choice of words. Saved them from whom? Himself? Seems like he's going for the old "the devil made me do it" defense.

To me it implies premeditation.
I think he did mean "save them". Save them for himself. Ya know, to snack on later...He got a lot of Narcissistic supply off those girls, they fed his ego. He probably would have loved playing grieving widower with two tiny girls to parlay the sympathy sky high...

But they SAW their mother last, with him wrapping her up in a freaken shroud and hauling her downstairs.

He can't just stop there. claim he doesn't know where S went, or some such lie. They will talk to someone about Mommy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro