Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an early childhood intervention teacher. I can tell you NO ONE listens too us.....Not DSS, not the police, not the parents, not our administrators. I am so tired of it being kicked back down to us!!! Parents need to start being parents and step up their game. Enough is enough! We see children daily, as young as 3 and 4, where we look at each other and just know. But until it gets to about middle school, pass after pass is given. Listen to educators NOW! Not THEN!
THIS!! Amen and bless you.
I wish I could do your job. Hats off to you.

WELD COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)– The defense attorney for the man accused of murdering his pregnant wife and two young children has petitioned the court to collect DNA samples during the autopsies. Those same documents suggest the victims may have been strangled.

Chris Watts was identified as the sole suspect in the triple homicide investigation, and appeared in court on Thursday. In court documents filed by the state, the bodies of two of the victims in Frederick were in an oil well filled with crude oil for four days. [bbm]
Watts Court Documents Suggests Victims Were Strangled

Last edited:
Ok but it still doesn't fit the timeline? SW was home on the 9th with CW and the girls. She left for Arizona on the 10th and came home on the 12th?
I'm not sure what you mean...I'm just saying someone had to teach them how to do that...that's not normal....and then a couple of days later....

I see some level of premeditation, for sure. But at the same time, he didn't really think it through. Did he really think he could murder his family, and just walk away free?
One can presumably kill ones spouse during the argument not intending to do so. But the two kids, that had to be pre-meditated.

Last edited:
If I were to speculate on what defense his attorney would put forth, it would be that the children died accidentally from eating peanuts while on his watch, and SW went into a rage when she learned about it. He then killed her in self defense. Outlandish, maybe, but look at what Jose Baez was able to do with Casey Anthony. Everyone thought that her being convicted was a slam dunk.

I can see strangulation as the cause of death for SW but not the kids. Perhaps I was giving him more credit then he deserives if he did strangle all of them. It is telling as well as to who he is. Unlike smothering someone under a pillow where you are not actually touching the person or looking into their eyes as you do this, strangulation is upclose and personal. From what I have read it led me to believe that people strangle generally when they have great anger towards the victim or are frightened themselves. Disgusting excuse for a father.

WELD COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)– The defense attorney for the man accused of murdering his pregnant wife and two young children has petitioned the court to collect DNA samples during the autopsies. Those same documents suggest the victims may have been strangled.

Chris Watts was identified as the sole suspect in the triple homicide investigation, and appeared in court on Thursday. In court documents filed by the state, the bodies of two of the victims in Frederick were in an oil well filled with crude oil for four days.
yeah so teach them how to and that it's ok to be covered by a sheet on your face like a game...and then daddy strangles baby girl and he doesn't have to see her and she makes no noise....repeat. Put her in a big bag..maybe put the bag in a big toolbox in ur truck...and take them to where u work... because u r idiot....just sayin'

THIS!! Amen and bless you.
I wish I could do your job. Hats off to you.

As the recent victim of a very high functioning narcissist, I'm amazed to find some of my friends have families with a narcissistic sibling who is promoted by the parent.

I can see how my ex's mother promoted his narcissism and devalued the other siblings. And how he has very clearly done this in his children. It's an incurable disease

yeah so teach them how to and that it's ok to be covered by a sheet on your face like a game...and then daddy strangles baby girl and he doesn't have to see her and she makes no noise....repeat. Put her in a big bag..maybe put the bag in a big toolbox in ur truck...and take them to where u work... because u r idiot....just sayin'

I find this entirely plausible. And thus his taunting of Shannann with the dead doll photo

WELD COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)–The autopsies were scheduled to begin Friday. In the court documents filed on Friday afternoon, Watts’ attorneys filed a motion that “an expert be present at the autopsies to take swabs consistent with what” the DNA expert recommends.

That expert, Richard Eikelenboom, stated, “I have a lot of experience taking samples from dead bodies getting good results after strangulation.”

Eikelenboom is a forensic scientist who has testified as a DNA expert in trials across Colorado.

Watts is scheduled to appear in court at 10 a.m. Tuesday.

Last edited:
I disagree. The only way we can begin to try to prevent or minimize the likelihood that someone will kill is by understanding the root. It'll never go away but we can create new mental health assessments to identify risk factors earlier, provide appropriate treatment, and hopefully reduce the prevalence over time.

I don't agree with blaming mental illness on violent behavior but the research does tell us that trauma is highly correlated with psychopathy and other offending behavior over time.

That is not to say we should not honor victims. We absolutely should. I think a part of doing that, though, involves analyzing and doing our best to understand how to prevent it from happening in the future. MOO.
I disagree. It would be great to identify and protect society from those who are inclined to kill, but unless a person has already offended in some manner, how do we force them to submit to being evaluated? Even if they could be forced into evaluation, if they suffer from a personality disorder, they will probably try to con the shrink and some will succeed.

Therapy and medications are used to treat the mentally ill. There is no treatment for those who are in the Cluster B spectrum of personality disorders and these are the people who wired to cause mayhem in the lives of others.

In some cases, trauma can be correlated with psychopathy, but there are cases where there was no trauma. They may have had an idyllic childhood and be disordered. It is believed there may be a genetic component involved.

MOO is that it would be wise for people to educate themselves about personality disorders and avoid involvement with people who show signs of being disordered. These are the truly dangerous people in our society and they can be very, very difficult to spot. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine