Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he automatically think it was a mountain lion when he didn’t ask where she was? He knew she was dead and he wanted LE to get on with the evening, believe him , go home, and forget Suzanne Morphew. That man is clueless.

His wife goes missing on a bike ride, and he quickly assumes she's been mauled by a mountain lion, as one does.

From the video…

Yeah, they were asking Barry about her bike routes…like he really knew. He then quickly changes and said he was at his “big” job in Broomfield…yep, the one where no one was allowed to work that day. When pressed the last time he saw her, he said I saw her sleeping when I left.

From the video…

Yeah, they were asking Barry about her bike routes…like he really knew. He then quickly changes and said he was at his “big” job in Broomfield…yep, the one where no one was allowed to work that day. When pressed the last time he saw her, he said I saw her sleeping when I left.
Yup. Then Suzanne's 4am last phone ping is mentioned.

Judge L's order contains an unredacted quote from Judge M's order temporarily sealing the AA, which reveals his incomplete list of possibly inadmissible evidence:

1. Nearly 100 footnotes containing LE comments on the veracity of BM's statements;

2. Disclosure that BM refused a lie detector test;

3. Photos of BM being interviewed;

4. Witness statements supporting SM's reputation and character as a good person;

5. Witness statements expressing negative views about BM's reputation and character, his likely guilt, his sexual history, and unrelated business transactions;

6. Information about the Ms' marital issues, and SM's affair.

I have not heard that the defense has actually moved to exclude this evidence, but I assume they will. Should be interesting!

What about the fact that they don't have her phone or Barry's alternate device though? Is there anyway to tell the origin IP or whatever from the iCloud data alone?

I forgot they didn’t have the phone. I would guess that apple logs everything that passes through iCloud.

We logged everything that touched our web/cloud services. We get IP addresses at the outgoing internet router and the Mac address of the individual devices.

I guess that’s what happens when you throw it down

Something else though, where it was located, it appears to be before a steep descent and the bend in road, it sort of feels as if it was the 'wrong way round' for a crash, idk could be way of base, but it looked like they walked a little ways in. And add in the complete lack of disturbance to foliage/rocks, no flattening of grass, no blood etc where you'd expect a body to make an impact and be injured.
It just makes no sense being there and seeing the footage makes that clearer in a way.

Moo

The youngest daughter's boyfriend and father played a key early role here. The son cast doubt on the bike ride, based on the location where the bike was found (steep climb, and having to push your bike up the hill). He said it would be out of character for her to ride there, and indicated that she hadn't gone riding there before.

He also explained there were marital issues, and they had talked about separating according to the youngest daughter.

This would have obviously been key in catching Barry in those early repeated lies about the state of their marriage.

The boyfriend's father seems like a great guy, and prodded his son to be completely open and honest, despite being put in a bit of a difficult situation.
This was very hard for me to watch. Their sincere and emotional concern is so evident and touching. They are authentic. What a stark contrast from BM's "plea" JMO

Prediction: as time passes, those closest to Barry will simply choose not to process data, and will accept Barry as a victim. They'll feel sorry for him.

And sympathy/empathy/pity will eclipse doubt, reason, justice, grief.

Today my heart is with SO. Who truly loved Suzanne. Her heart must be torn to pieces, watching this horrible story play out.

JMO
Maybe his girls (especially MM2) will see the videos from today and start to see what a concerned person looks like and compare it to what their dad did and didn't do.

https://twitter.com/marcsallinger/status/1488633329263931393?s=21

When deputies go inside the Morphew home for 1st time, they search for clothing that would have Suzanne's scent on it

They take mountain biking shorts. Suzanne's bike was found nearby

"Do you realize what you just grabbed. Those are for mountain biking" one deputy tells another

Why would he automatically think it was a mountain lion when he didn’t ask where she was? He knew she was dead and he wanted LE to get on with the evening, believe him , go home, and forget Suzanne Morphew. That man is clueless.

For someone who seems to live and breathe hunting, BM is uncharacteristically clueless when it comes to mountain lions. Attacking a full grown woman riding fast on a mountain bike at 9am in the bright *advertiser censored* sun? Sure, Jan.

For someone who seems to live and breathe hunting, BM is uncharacteristically clueless when it comes to mountain lions. Attacking a full grown woman riding fast on a mountain bike at 9am in the bright *advertiser censored* sun? Sure, Jan.
That's thing thing. He assumed it immediately, which is pretty ridiculous considering he hadn't been informed of any tell-tale signs, and how rare that sort of thing is.

But by far, the most damning is him continuing to throw it out months later.

Something else though, where it was located, it appears to be before a steep descent and the bend in road, it sort of feels as if it was the 'wrong way round' for a crash, idk could be way of base, but it looked like they walked a little ways in. And add in the complete lack of disturbance to foliage/rocks, no flattening of grass, no blood etc where you'd expect a body to make an impact and be injured.
It just makes no sense being there and seeing the footage makes that clearer in a way.

Moo
They definitely went down the incline to the ravine and hiked parallel to the road. I cannot believe how the bike was handled though by searchers...I get they thought she had an accident but still...lotsa hands on that bike.

That's thing thing. He assumed it immediately, which is pretty ridiculous considering he hadn't been informed of any tell-tale signs, and how rare that sort of thing is.

But by far, the most damning is him continuing to throw it out months later.
I thought all the mountain liar chatter stopped pretty quickly? Definitely within the first couple weeks if I recall correctly.

It's worse than that.

He picked a steep incline. She would have to walk her bike up it.

Which means the mountain lion would attack her, pause to hurl her bike down the road, carry her away, remembering to pause a couple miles later, to remove her helmet.

You can't make this crap up.

Well, you shouldn't.

We're only here because Barry is good at burying.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members