Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I recall, I don't see why he'd be too dirty stop at a pizza place. He wasn't mowing lawns and using a blower - kind of landscaping.
MG was doing the work in the a.m. and BM was going from place to place.
I do recall, and I don't remember where I read it, but in one communication with JL Suzanne said how she had a little bit of time as BM was going to p/u pizza. I have no idea what date that was.
It was Friday 5\8\2020 that Barry and Suzanne met at the tailwind site and went for Moonlight Pizza that Barry said they ate in the RR. Maybe Barry wasn’t all that dirty because the Bobcat did most of the work that day. I don’t think she wanted to be alone with him and it is scary to remember the pic she sent the girls of him waiting in line affirming they were getting along if even somewhat. She texted her Jeff from there while Barry was awaiting the pizza. (Answering Germany’s post too that you had quoted.) Wondering if the walk near the dumpster was again Suzanne being afraid but hoping for safety while in public and that’s why Barry felt comfortable and needy enough to accompany her on a hike the following day? Why did Suzanne specifically request that JR not come over during that time frame? What was the something during that period that alerted Suzanne to fear or to be wary for her safety and the neighbors?

Do you recall when the store owner came forward to say he stopped there was was digging in the trash? I would think that LE would search that dumpster then. 2 days later, I think he was already the person they were eyeing hard. He would be so dump to dump something then because he would have had it on him this entire time.. he didn't have access to his house or his truck right? Where would he have put this device for 2 days so LE didn't have it?
In his right pocket with his hand. ;)

Coffeemaker Location?
@sk716 bbm When you say crapton,* you ain't kiddin'.

Was SM's coffee cup left next to coffeemaker? Likely? Ok.
So where was the coffeemaker?
Not sure I seeing what you & others see on screen caps, but I noticed in some real est listing kitchen pix** that the coffeemaker is on counter between sink & fridge.

FWIW, a coffeemaker in listing pix:
976e05c6e1b323af3eccc3a6675fcdaa-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

May/may not be in same location as in RAW footage. Other sleuthers may see coffee cup better than I do. my2ct.
* crapton. ;) I read that as an imperial unit of measure of mass, not as a tonne, the metric unit of mass. Either way a lotta screencaps. BTW "... tonne is usually pronounced the same as ton... but the final "e" can also be pronounced, i.e. :D"tunnie..." bbm The things we learn from being on W/S. :D . bbm Tonne - Wikipedia
** Above is pic 22. See also 23 - 25.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/?mmlb=g,21

ScreenHunter 1265.png
The coffee pot is in roughly the same spot. The camera is moving a lot so this is the clearest shot of the whole kitchen. You can kind of see a shorter light colored cylindrical shape between the coffee maker and the 'fridge.

Screencap from:

August 10. Day 2 of the Preliminary Hearing.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425122663819776000?s=21
On May 8, #BarryMorphew went and got Pizza at Moonlight Pizza in Salida. While he was out, #SuzanneMorphew sent a message on LinkedIn to Jeff Libler saying he is gone for a bit.

Eytan said, "We are going to move off the pizza." On to the next topic, I guess.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425123722827124736?s=21
On May 9, #SuzanneMorphew tells Libler that she had a fine night got pizza, looked at homes, and talked about Arizona.

August 23. Day 3 of the Preliminary Hearing.

https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1429879590609199120?s=21
Defense and prosecution are both scoring points today. Morphew turns,smiles at family with eyes over his mask every chance he can. At times he & his attorneys exchange yellow sticky notes. Moonlight Pizza delivered food at lunch. That’s the place The Morphew’s liked to eat.
Thank you!!! I thought it was Fri nite but as @mom2chloe said right under your comment, some people believe and have said here they both went to get pizza because Suzanne sent the photo to the girls - supposedly.
Did he have her phone or the ability to sync with it? Is there a way to change time stamps/data as to when the actual photo was taken? These are the questions (among so many others) that have bugged me for a long time, if she indeed didn't take the photo.

It was Friday 5\8\2020 that Barry and Suzanne met at the tailwind site and went for Moonlight Pizza that Barry said they ate in the RR. Maybe Barry wasn’t all that dirty because the Bobcat did most of the work that day. I don’t think she wanted to be alone with him and it is scary to remember the pic she sent the girls of him waiting in line affirming they were getting along if even somewhat. She texted her Jeff from there while Barry was awaiting the pizza. (Answering Germany’s post too that you had quoted.) Wondering if the walk near the dumpster was again Suzanne being afraid but hoping for safety while in public and that’s why Barry felt comfortable and needy enough to accompany her on a hike the following day? Why did Suzanne specifically request that JR not come over during that time frame? What was the something during that period that alerted Suzanne to fear or to be wary for her safety and the neighbors?
See @Cindizzi 's post above yours. Sounded like she was home to me?

I've seen 24 hours is a standard time, but good dogs can pick it up just hours after death. This would make more sense then why maybe no hits were inside or around the house and they were hitting on the trailer and bobcat. I do think something that touched her touched those areas weather that was actually her body or just Barry having her scent on him. The dogs alerted and all 3 alerted so to me that means something was there.

That's the way I'm thinking too.

I'm not convinced BM used the trailer to move her body but I think it's possible that at some time after he touch her dead body, he had something to do with the trailer OR he rested her body on the trailer after she died.

Do you recall when the store owner came forward to say he stopped there was was digging in the trash? I would think that LE would search that dumpster then.
Like I said, they do not believe he killed their mother. They are trying to pick up his spirits like any daughter would do. MOO
My husband has three daughters. If they acted like this towards him I believe he would be disgusted. That's so not normal daughter father interaction. moo being the mother of said three daughters.

Thank you!!! I thought it was Fri nite but as @mom2chloe said right under your comment, some people believe and have said here they both went to get pizza because Suzanne sent the photo to the girls - supposedly.
Did he have her phone or the ability to sync with it? Is there a way to change time stamps/data as to when the actual photo was taken? These are the questions (among so many others) that have bugged me for a long time, if she indeed didn't take the photo.
Here’s the only tweet I can find about the photo. Grusing was on the stand and sounds like testimony was moving fast, he was going through a timeline of texts and calls from May 6 through May 9.
After I saw the other tweet about BM going to get pizza, I thought maybe he took a selfie of himself and sent to SM and then she sent to the girls?? Maybe?
JMO

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425184641485578248?s=21
ON May 8, #SuzanneMorphew sent a picture of #Barrymorphew standing outside Moonlight Pizza waiting for pizza to the girls. The girls are in Utah on a roadtrip.

If nothing else, she’s persistent.

Have any of the prosecution faced her in court before?

So, as I'm reading this post I have a flash of a website that tracks Prosecutors and Defense Attorney's like Fearless Friday tracks high school football. Little info blocks like baseball cards with undergrad degrees, juris doctor, and states where licensed to practice. Win/Loss stats. Maybe open it up for regular expert witnesses, their cards would have to include overturned convictions, though. Gotta be fair.

Here’s the only tweet I can find about the photo. Grusing was on the stand and sounds like testimony was moving fast, he was going through a timeline of texts and calls from May 6 through May 9.
After I saw the other tweet about BM going to get pizza, I thought maybe he took a selfie of himself and sent to SM and then she sent to the girls?? Maybe?
JMO

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425184641485578248?s=21
ON May 8, #SuzanneMorphew sent a picture of #Barrymorphew standing outside Moonlight Pizza waiting for pizza to the girls. The girls are in Utah on a roadtrip.
Yeah, I thought of that. Maybe. Thanks again!

There's no overstating how big this particular lie is. This interview was on May 13, when the events were still fresh in his mind. That's ignoring the fact that this should have been the worst moment of his life, and you just don't forget where you are when you get news like that.

Barry stated, "I was at the job site when Jeanne called me," adding that Jeanne called around 5:00pm. Barry left the job site and drove to the hotel where he dropped the tools off in the lobby. He then drove directly back to Salida.

He also lied to Mr. Ritter, telling him on the phone that he was "at a worksite with workers present."

The jury is going to see right through this lie, and all the others.

This whole case boils down to that single lie. Why did Barry lie about his whereabouts when JR called him?

So, as I'm reading this post I have a flash of a website that tracks Prosecutors and Defense Attorney's like Fearless Friday tracks high school football. Little info blocks like baseball cards with undergrad degrees, juris doctor, and states where licensed to practice. Win/Loss stats. Maybe open it up for regular expert witnesses, their cards would have to include overturned convictions, though. Gotta be fair.
Care to share a link? I am extremely interested.

So what do y’all think this BBM statement means ?
The Judge is granting them time to do that.
Is the Change of Venue not a done deal ?

https://www.fox21news.com/barrymorp...-venue-request-in-barry-morphew-murder-trial/

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — Accused murderer Barry Morphew and his defense team have been granted a change of venue request. The trial will now be heard in Fremont County, instead of Chaffee County, where the alleged crime occurred.

The defense teams filed the motion because they said too many people in Salida and Chaffee County are familiar with the case, making it difficult to find an impartial jury.

The prosecution argued the murder case should be held in the county where the alleged crime was committed, but they could not convince the judge.

Because of the judge’s decision, Morphew’s bond has been modified so that he can travel to Fremont County only for court and, if necessary, to spend the night. Morphew’s defense team wants to conduct their own investigation into the population of Fremont County and the saturation of the press and the court is granting them that time.

So far, the judge has not made a decision on the defense’s claims of the prosecution’s discovery violations. Judge Lama is expected to make a ruling in writing and it should be posted to the Fremont Cases of Interest page.

So what do y’all think this BBM statement means ?
The Judge is granting them time to do that.
Is the Change of Venue not a done deal ?

https://www.fox21news.com/barrymorp...-venue-request-in-barry-morphew-murder-trial/

I believe the Change of Venue Motion was granted and the Order signed off according to the rule of law. Per LS recap, she said that IE stated she wanted it on record that she wanted to conduct some inquiries about the location (Fremont County). However, I wouldn't be surprised if E & N file yet another motion objecting to Fremont because I think their true objective is to move outside of the 11th District (i.e., away from DA Stanley's jurisdiction).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper