Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shooting deer from side door?
@katydid23 Good question. Not necessarily for ordinary/traditional hunt.
BM shooting deer on his own private land may be lawful, in season, w license, etc.
"Hunting on private land in Colorado requires permission from the owner or occupant. Hunters are required to make a reasonable attempt to recover wounded wildlife, but they cannot pursue wounded wildlife onto private property without first making a reasonable attempt to contact the owner." bbm
But ^ may or may not apply to tranqueing by dart w non-lethal dose. I did not confirm w official websites* to see if that is prohibited or restricted.

Also
"Colorado hunters must reasonably attempt to use killed wildlife for human consumption. They are not permitted to detach certain parts – such as the head – and abandon the carcass." bbm
But presumably BM only tranqued, did not kill deer, so did not leave carcasses w parts, like partial antlers detached.
^^^ FWIW^^^
**But info from local website** seems reliable.

^Mountain Law: Colorado hunting law: An overview

I'm no expert but I think responsible hunters/farmers/veterinarians who need to tranquilize animals also have the proper "antidote" on hand, administered to quickly rouse the animal to full alertness, lest they leave a half-sedated animal to stumble away, vulnerable to injury or prey.

Barry seems the sort to use tranquilizing as the first dance at the death prom.

JMO

I don't recall LE reporting the house smelled of chlorine when they first entered, but maybe it's buried in the documents some where there have been so many theories lately, I'm struggling to keep up with which ones are true theories and which ones have documented basis that may come up at trial.
I don't recall this confirmed by LE but came to us third hand as relayed to AM.

I'm no expert but I think responsible hunters/farmers/veterinarians who need to tranquilize animals also have the proper "antidote" on hand, administered to quickly rouse the animal to full alertness, lest they leave a half-sedated animal to stumble away, vulnerable to injury or prey.

Barry seems the sort to use tranquilizing as the first dance at the death prom.

JMO
I think he talked about when they moved deer ...so I would guess he was skilled with antidote also. Deer farming was a business for the Morphews so I imagine there were all different situations managing the deer population. I think the caricature has become that all he did was hunt and kill at whim. His antler harvesting habits bug me, but I think in some ways Barry has been reduced to a caricature that probably doesn't resemble the entire truth.

tHe flOOr plaN AGaiN?
This floor plan makes me crazy. It's like a mystery house trying to figure out which door goes where. Doors opening onto brick walls, doors into extra-dimensions where wives disappear to ...
@sk716 ^^^ An especially apt description.^^^
FWIW from R/E listing:
"Mudroom entry from garage with big storage closet and a separate laundry."
BM & some call it "breezeway." Who knows?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/

Last edited:
Other things that fit with this theory: In the photos of the dumpste
I think he talked about when they moved deer ...so I would guess he was skilled with antidote also. Deer farming was a business for the Morphews so I imagine there were all different situations managing the deer population. I think the caricature has become that all he did was hunt and kill at whim. His antler harvesting habits bug me, but I think in some ways Barry has been reduced to a caricature that probably doesn't resemble the entire truth.

How is it a caricature when that's literally out of Barry's own mouth? This is a guy who says he gets his kicks out of killing chipmunks (how many did he say?), tranquilizing deer to saw off their horns in his yard.....and here's his garage. I'd say it's pretty close to accurate. Just my opinion though.

Attachments

• garage.png
    garage.png
    909 KB · Views: 37
I wish we knew the date on this. If the master bedroom is downstairs, this makes it seem more like SM may have been sleeping upstairs to me. Our house is two story and we do text each other but only if the other party is on a different floor.
@eyeseestars Yes, I wish we knew the date too.
BTW, based on listing pix,* imo MB suite** is on main level/ground floor. Pix 29 & 33 show bathroom w large glass- block (squarish) window over the tub, unlike the other bathroom windows; exterior pic 1 taken from exterior shows that same window.
Maybe some see it differently? Anyone? Thx in adv.

* https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/
** "Beautiful, spacious, master suite with 2 large walk in closets and a luxurious 5 piece bath!"

@eyeseestars Yes, I wish we knew the date too.
BTW, based on listing pix,* imo MB suite** is on main level/ground floor. Pix 29 & 33 show bathroom w large glass- block (squarish) window over the tub, unlike the other bathroom windows; exterior pic 1 taken from exterior shows that same window.
Maybe some see it differently? Anyone? Thx in adv.

* https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/
** "Beautiful, spacious, master suite with 2 large walk in closets and a luxurious 5 piece bath!"
If there was ever any question about the location of the master suite, I think the recently released videos confirm that SM's bedroom was on the first level --steps away from the kitchen (i.e., daughter texting SM biscuits ready).

Maybe it was the daughter that was upstairs when she texted mom after grabbing her own biscuit-- who really knows!

Looks like no live Tweeting tomorrow, and going forward. This is the most restrictive order I've seen in Colorado, and I just hope it doesn't apply when trial rolls around.

Massguy's getting upset!

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Freemont/Morphew/Standing Decorum Order for Motions and Pre-trial Hearings.pdf
So the reporters have to leave the premises before they can tweet info? Didn't we see that recently in a murder case? I can't remember which one though.

So the reporters have to leave the premises before they can tweet info? Didn't we see that recently in a murder case? I can't remember which one though.
Frazee. But they were allowed to have their cell phones in court, so they could compose tweets beforehand.

What Shelly said:

Judge in the Barry Morphew case permanently bans cell phones, laptops, and any live reporting from the courtroom...reacting to high public interest in the murder case by making it much harder for the public to follow along

https://twitter.com/shellybradbury/status/1491553503327576067?s=21

It’s disappointing to hear there will be no live tweeting. I did however feel we/I got more info from LS’s 16 pages of notes than we would have got if she were tweeting live. We did have to wait several days for the info though.

It will really blow if there’s no live tweeting from the trial. I don’t recall how many days have been set aside for that. IMO

Attachments

• 0B568457-46D0-409D-8C9F-967F632E468A.jpeg
    0B568457-46D0-409D-8C9F-967F632E468A.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics