Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Registering my over/under here. Waiting on the defense to maneuver for a major delay.

I'm of the camp that Barry's greatest odds for freedom are on this side of trial.

JMO
I think I might agree with you that Barry's greatest odds for freedom are on this side of the trial @Megnut.
The more we get a glimpse into the defense’s line of questioning and their total and complete spinning of info, the clearer it becomes imo that the defense really has no way to refute the information that links BM to the murder - they don't even try to tackle the actual evidence. Most of us already knew that but we are now getting confirmation. We can start to "smell" the fear from the defense.
Their game is distraction. They focus on impeaching the character of others. Total gaslighting and projection.
I guess I am just surprised that it is so obvious

I don't think there's any doubt that BM/SM had an unhealthy relationship prior to relocating to Colorado in 2018. But I think there were a couple of differences after arriving in Colorado. First, MM2 was only age 13/14 during her last years in Indiana where she was settled, had her own friends, when her older sister went away to Univ-- and the parents were more likely to shield her of any problems based on her age.

Second, I think that by the 2018 date that SM sent the infamous "Howdy Stranger" message to JL, SM was truly detached from BM, and the gap only widened from that date until her death. IMO, from the date the family arrived in Colorado, both SM and her parent's relationship appeared different to MM1-- to the point where according to SM, she verbalized how she just wanted her "old family" back.

Relative to SM being different (compared to BM), she was becoming seriously ill, and somewhere in between she'd become distracted (with JL) and no longer trying to please BM, MM1's beloved hero. We also know that BM wasted no time in burdening MM1 with his childish, sadness. JMO

I agree and below commentary may give insight, too...

Suzanne's sister was interviewed last year and commented on how she saw the Morphew's relationship.

A few takeaways:

BM and SM were the hometown golden couple
Families excited about their marriage
Suzanne's family so appreciative for the care Barry gave her during first bout of cancer
BM had a good relationship with Suzanne's father, mother and stepfather
GM treated BM as well as his own sons
BM and SM first home was a cute little rental I believe, then they built the custom home in Indiana which Suzanne loved
Many good memories made in their large Indiana home.
Examples given of BM being a doting father.
Suzanne's beloved stepfather died then her mother died
SM took her mother's death hard
SM mother and stepfather a positive influence and stabilizing factor in Barry and Suzanne's life
The Morphew marriage may have felt the loss of their presence
Morphews had a lot materially which may have brought stress to marriage
Barry dominant/Suzanne reserved
Few years before move to Colorado marriage began to deteriorate
Decision to move from Indiana to Colorado at the time they did seemed sudden
Suzanne seemed pleased about the house and picked-out furnishings
Suzanne's sense of self was relative to a role... daughter, wife, mother, sister, friend
She was becoming independent and gaining a sense of self
Suzanne sent the list of grievances May 8th
Saturday afternoon May 9th MMB (SM sister) had an internal sense that something bad had happened to Suzanne

I don't think there's any doubt that BM/SM had an unhealthy relationship prior to relocating to Colorado in 2018. But I think there were a couple of differences after arriving in Colorado. First, MM2 was only age 13/14 during her last years in Indiana where she was settled, had her own friends, when her older sister went away to Univ-- and the parents were more likely to shield her of any problems based on her age.

Second, I think that by the 2018 date that SM sent the infamous "Howdy Stranger" message to JL, SM was truly detached from BM, and the gap only widened from that date until her death. IMO, from the date the family arrived in Colorado, both SM and her parent's relationship appeared different to MM1-- to the point where according to SM, she verbalized how she just wanted her "old family" back.

Relative to SM being different (compared to BM), she was becoming seriously ill, and somewhere in between she'd become distracted (with JL) and no longer trying to please BM, MM1's beloved hero. We also know that BM wasted no time in burdening MM1 with his childish, sadness. JMO
I am not sure when she began AL anon but I think that program coupled with a second bout of cancer, played a large part in her being able to find her own voice

IMO

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/Defense Prelim Hearing Ex Rest.pdf

Defense exhibits released last week. I am looking at the phone data and I noticed pages 19 and 20. 19 shows Macy's phone and it's identifier.. then when it lists what is clearly Barry's call log (shows business names/calls we know we made) it has the identifier listed and it's the same as Macy's phone. Does that mean he used her phone? Then there is a list of "canned messages" and not sure what those are. Anyone have insight on this?
It’s from the Berla report so I googled.
I think MM2’s device being on the list doesn’t necessarily mean BM used it, just that it was paired with his truck at some point?
JMO

Meet Berla, the little-known company that can pull smartphone data from your car - CyberScoop
“Whenever a mobile device is connected to a vehicle system via USB, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi, some data from that device is stored in the vehicle,” Berla’s Scott Vaughan explained earlier this year on the firm’s blog. “Potentially, device contacts, call logs, and SMS messages are stored and can thus be acquired in iVe, though the exact data types recorded will vary from one [car] to another.”

I would like to know more about the 2:30pm mark on Saturday.

Not 2:44 or 2:47, but 2:30....

What really do we know about that moment in time?

I mean BM himself singled out that time frame...

"We had a great night that Saturday before. We made love that night. There was nothing that happened at 2:30. I mean, I looked back. Nothing. We grilled, I grilled steak at probably five, six. We ate dinner. Went to bed. We made love."

In the listing image in the post I was responding to. He took the antelope to the condo but left everything of Suzanne's in that corner.

If he took the antelope when he vacated PP, I am wondering if it had been 'modified' to accommodate spyware and he didn't want to chance it being scrutinized. I don't trust BM as far as I could throw him. Absolutely every move he makes is suspect. IMO

It’s from the Berla report so I googled.
I think MM2’s device being on the list doesn’t necessarily mean BM used it, just that it was paired with his truck at some point?
JMO

Meet Berla, the little-known company that can pull smartphone data from your car - CyberScoop
“Whenever a mobile device is connected to a vehicle system via USB, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi, some data from that device is stored in the vehicle,” Berla’s Scott Vaughan explained earlier this year on the firm’s blog. “Potentially, device contacts, call logs, and SMS messages are stored and can thus be acquired in iVe, though the exact data types recorded will vary from one [car] to another.”

It's just odd that all Barry's calls and data are listed out line by line and device ID beside each one lists the exact same device ID that is listed for Macy's phone. I figured her data could be in there as well, but these are all calls he made and I would think that would be liked by device ID to his phone?

Page 108 and 109 of the AA Barry is giving himself away.

Follow his line of thinking.

"Harris showed Berry photos of Susan's wallet, cash, drivers license, hydration packet, medication and other items recovered from her Range Rover."

"Grusing said that, considering the evidence, it does not appear Susan chose to disappear."

" Barry said, I never thought of that."

Bam!!! One of the few times Barry tells the truth. He's seriously did not plan this out in detail...

Another interesting tidbit from the AA.

Page 126

"Barry told the Ritter's he was at the job site. He told FBI, CBI, and ccso he was at the job site. He left his room, took tools out of his truck and put them in the lobby to make it look like he was returning from the site. Barry made every little attempt to contact Susan on his way home, or look around the house or the bike scene, but he already knew what had happened to her."

Last edited:
Does anyone know what span of time the location data covers or what it relates to? I assume the truck but is it the phone and truck? Telluride and Crestone are outliers to what we discuss.

So looking at his skidster data again and the very last line is activity at 2:10pm location is at 19 Rex circle, Salida.. assuming this is the place he was getting the new blade. I was thinking the defense only provided what they wanted to, but now I am wondering if that last entry is in fact the last entry because he did change the SIM. The last entry lists "other" and I don't see other listed on any other entries. They are all start up, idle, etc.. then the very last one at 2:10 is other. It's been bothering me because he would have had to start the skidster to remove it from the trailer at his house, but zero activity for that. Maybe it was a new SIM and that is what the "other" is.

So looking at his skidster data again and the very last line is activity at 2:10pm location is at 19 Rex circle, Salida.. assuming this is the place he was getting the new blade. I was thinking the defense only provided what they wanted to, but now I am wondering if that last entry is in fact the last entry because he did change the SIM. The last entry lists "other" and I don't see other listed on any other entries. They are all start up, idle, etc.. then the very last one at 2:10 is other. It's been bothering me because he would have had to start the skidster to remove it from the trailer at his house, but zero activity for that. Maybe it was a new SIM and that is what the "other" is.
7625 HWY 50 is where he had the blade replaced. DSI

Diesslin Structures, Inc. - Building More Than a Reputation

Does anyone know what span of time the location data covers or what it relates to? I assume the truck but is it the phone and truck? Telluride and Crestone are outliers to what we discuss.
I think I figured out what you’re looking at and when I see the 1st item is titled “ my home” with their old address in Indiana and then I see Milton Proby Parkway which is the Colorado Springs airport, I have to wonder if these locations are where he used his GPS or mapping?

Maybe it’s just part of the Berla report ( I think the thing is over 600 page! ) and not something they pulled up to track him ?
Just a thought. JMO

Attachments

• 31C34685-ABD3-44FA-BF21-DB64E2F951FE.png
    31C34685-ABD3-44FA-BF21-DB64E2F951FE.png
    298.3 KB · Views: 17
I don’t recall reading about any computer forensics aside from the cars, bobcat and phones. I have a gut feeling Barry researched mines.

Did LE seize Suzanne’s lapt0p or did Barry make it disappear before they got a warrant for it?

I don’t recall reading about any computer forensics aside from the cars, bobcat and phones. I have a gut feeling Barry researched mines.

Did LE seize Suzanne’s lapt0p or did Barry make it disappear before they got a warrant for it?
I imagine they seized every device inside that house. As we know, Barry was not allowed in (save that brief moment), so he would have had to have disappeared it before he left for Broomfield.

As we haven't heard of any missing device, I assume they have all her electronics.

Sheriff's body cam video reveals first hours of Suzanne Morphew mystery

14:47 in the extended compilation --

Does Barry say, as he points to Suzanne's clothes, "I didn't touch anything down there"?

Why would he feel compelled to volunteer that?

Seems odd.

JMO
He was probably hyper aware of every place/item that required cleaning so that LE would not find his DNA. IMO that’s why he stated numerous times that there’s no evidence in the house. Since he volunteered the info, I think we can discount it. IMO either he never touched them or he washed them before he put them back in the closet.

On a lighter note…if he had touched her bike shorts, I can just picture one of the search dogs circling around and going right to Barry. He would have freaked out and I would have loved to have seen it.

We've got 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths -- if that's accurate, that first floor bonus room room must be the half bath. Then the main suite/bath, leaving two full baths for upstairs. The bonus room has NO WALL and likely no closet so it's not a bedroom by any stretch. Therefore, the half bath is a powder room for guests by day.

UNLESS the poster upthread is correct and the early listing confirms that hall bath as a full bath, reducing the upstairs bathroom census to one, shared between two bedrooms, leaving a half bath floating somewhere within those walls. Probably off the kitchen somewhere. Levitating loo in the pantry,

This house brought to you by the stylings of M.C. Escher.

JMO
I thought the bonus room was upstairs between the girl's rooms. The one that was the weight room in the listing I posted last night and the one with two double beds in the listing Barry did when he sold Puma Path. And before the double full bed listing he had pictures of a TV room if I am remembering correctly.

Note to self...always save pics of every listing as you see them because they change really quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper