Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So - any more news from the hearing yesterday? I'm missing some stuff... And here's the docket from the court site - looks like the hearing on 4/7/22 has been cancelled. And added 4/19/22 date.

Docket update:

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
3/10/22
9:00 AM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Motions Hearing D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

4/19/22
9:00 AM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Pre-Trial Readiness Conference D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

4/28/22
8:00 AM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Jury Trial D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

4/29/22
8:00 AM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Motions Hearing D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

4/29/22
8:00 AM 1D MORPHEW, BARRY Jury Trial D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

5/3/22
8:00 AM 1D IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Jury Trial D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

thru

6/3/22
8:00 AM 1D IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Jury Trial D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 1

link: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

I don't disagree with what you posted, so will simply say that Law Enforcement and DA always have to make these kind of tactical decisions. So yes you can always wait longer - but what I think they were really waiting for is the body to turn up. They've had more than enough time for all the rest.

As far as the DNA goes, IMO they just didn't present this well at trial because they didn't anticipate it would be significant. That was a mistake of not having good enough witness for the hearing, but also, that stuff can happen in the short format. I think the Judge got played.
BBM thank you @mrjitty
After listening to Lauren’s live I was left with
that exact same sentiment. How in the world did the judge allow that. Their hope was to trip someone up and they failed to do so.
The plus for me was that BM got to see in person what CBI really thought of him. To a person, they all believe that he is a wife killer.
Even his buddies Derek and Joe.
And for what it’s worth, the girls got to hear the very same thing over and over.

I had the impression that Cahill had a certain level of resentment and disappointment that he was sent for military duty in the midst of a case he had worked very hard on. Understandable. His opinion that the arrest was too early is just his observation. It's not evidence of anything. It's clear that the arrest was going to happen, just a matter of when.

I do think that BM was in the midst of setting up to flee and was very close to hasta la vista baby. And I don't think it would have been to Arizona. I've always had ideas that the vacation to MX with his daughters and SD was not just a vacation. There may have been some real estate transactions or banking done, or some silver dealings. That's pure speculation on my part, though.

And yes, let's wrap up the glove box DNA in a neat package with a bow and put it away. Not relevant, END OF.

moo

I’m relieved to hear about the dna exclusion. That was nagging at me.

I do think BM was leaving CO, the dream state was over. Still don’t believe he was fleeing. This guy away from his daughters, mom and sisters? No way. He was just moving. Nevertheless…. IMO

It worries me that Barry is laughing and joking, while knowing that LE are still searching the old mines.

Watching him and the girls, arms locked, a spring in their step, wide smiles plastered on their faces as they saunter into the courthouse...while LE is searching remote, cold, dark mines, for Suzanne's decomposed remains. Well, that's just plain despicable. I've never been one to say "I can't even" but it sure applies here, doesn't it? :(

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1499918665357180930?s=21

Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze took the stand and was asked about the timing of #BarryMorphew arrest. CBI wanted LE to wait a little longer to get evidence test results back & to keep talking w/ Morphew. Sheriff told CBI Dir, Deputy Dir. he had concerns of Morphew fleeing.
I wonder, if SD sat on packed suitcases also at the time (shortly before BM's arrest) ....... or even his daughters.

According to LS this Attorney was in Court today for the Defense.

Jane Fisher-Byrialsen | Korey Wise Innocence Project | University of Colorado Boulder

At 58:00

Narcissists are famous for having many flying monkeys and that’s how I view all these female attorneys. I’ve watched it unfold with my own narc, smart well-educated women fall for the facade. People can’t possibly understand how conniving and manipulative a narcissist is unless you have lived with one. Barry’s persona is one of gentleman, super Christian, and I’m sure they think he’s kinda dumb by the way he talks. People just can’t fathom the level of evil out there unless you have seen it with your own eyes. Plus, he’s throwing money around like crazy. Nothing but the best of the best for Barry. What is he going to do when he loses and runs out of money?

I’m relieved to hear about the dna exclusion. That was nagging at me.

I do think BM was leaving CO, the dream state was over. Still don’t believe he was fleeing. This guy away from his daughters, mom and sisters? No way. He was just moving. Nevertheless…. IMO
Hmmm…..you may be right! That’s an awful lot of “supply” he’d be leaving behind. Sho can’t fill all those shoes! :p:D

What is he going to do when he loses and runs out of money?
RSABBM
Well, if he loses he won’t need the money. He’ll have a 10’ x 10’ (or whatever size a cell is) and three squares a day. No need for a gym membership. If they manage to get him off, that’s a good question. Iris and Drew will have “cleaned him out.” I suspect Sho would pack her bags and move on too. Maybe the Cushman’s will adopt him.:rolleyes:

Just finished listening to Lauren's recap of yesterday's hearing and was really glad to hear that they were still investigating the financials at the time of the PH. Along with many other posters here, I have thought the financials play into this case big time and cannot wait to hear what all they have uncovered.

JMO

Ha! Love it.

Despite both being correct, I've always been in the "couldn't care less" camp.

Even if I tried, I could not possibly care any less.
I think they mean two different things. If you “could care less”, then that means that even though this thing bothers you, it is not the rock bottom of caring. You could care more, but you don’t. If you couldn’t care less, as you say, @MassGuy, even if you tried you could not possibly care any less.
Hard to explain, but could and couldn’t do not mean the same thing.

Hmmm…..you may be right! That’s an awful lot of “supply” he’d be leaving behind. Sho can’t fill all those shoes! :p:D

It was @Seattle1 who gave a outstanding opinion (sometime ago) of the possible dynamic between BM, his mom and sisters growing up - essentially being dotted over in a unhealthy way. She could explain it so much better than me. I just don’t see him being on the run a.l.o.n.e. without these anchors in his life. The current girlfriend like you pointed out is not going to fill those roles. Imo

Exculpatory evidence! Defense wishes!

Barry did such a thorough job of hogging MTW there's no room for any other theory!

Grusing called it. Intimate partner homicide.

Hey, Barry, were you the last person to see Suzanne?

Well, exactly.

JMO
RBBM
1000 times Yes! It makes me sick that somehow, possibly because of Suzanne's affair, this doesn't qualify to some as DV. Suzanne was emotionally and physically on occasion abused and crippled by BARE for years.

She was finally DONE, he wasn't so he killed her.

MOO

According to Lauren, Iris slipped up and asked Cahill about mine searches. She didn't realize that those searches came after his arrest.

We knew from the preliminary that one mine had recently been searched, but now we know they have searched multiple.
I am sure we're going to hear much more detail at trial. Things have come in and been processed since then, plus they have continued investigating things IMO.

I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised. :D

I'm another one who finds the almost gleeful entrances to court to be offensive. He's going to trial for murdering his wife, whom he claimed was the love of his life. I wonder what they find so very amusing.

The social media attention?
I mean, this is the world we live in now.
Where the adoration of fake friends mean more than real life.
Some folks tend to truly thrive in that world.

jmo

The Eye of the Beholder?
... Where is this steep hill people are referring to?... It might have a gradient to it, but based on seeing the Trevor video, it's not super steep....
@Auntie Cipation sbm bbm Agreeing w your post: Trevor's vid doesn't make it look super steep, but our perception may be distorted by camera lens, angles, etc.
And as Shakespeare (or somebody;)) said: Beauty and gradients are in the eye of the beholder.
Auto drivers may barely be aware of, or not even notice, a 5% uphill gradient, but that same climb may leave a cyclist* huffing & puffing, depending on cyclist's condition, etc.

Years ago bicycling for the first time along a road I had frequently driven on, I recall thinking - Where did this hill come from? :eek:It was never here before. my2ct
0%: A flat road
1-3%: Slightly uphill but not particularly challenging. A bit like riding into the wind.
4-6%: A manageable gradient that can cause fatigue over long periods.
7-9%: Starting to become uncomfortable for seasoned riders, and very challenging for new climbers.
10%-15%: A painful gradient, especially if maintained for any length of time
16%+: Very challenging for riders of all abilities. Maintaining this sort of incline for any length of time is very painful."
^ Gradients and cycling: an introduction - The Climbing Cyclist

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members