Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exculpatory evidence! Defense wishes!

Barry did such a thorough job of hogging MTW there's no room for any other theory!

Grusing called it. Intimate partner homicide.

Hey, Barry, were you the last person to see Suzanne?

Well, exactly.

JMO

If defense wishes were exculpatory evidence, no one would ever make it to trial.

Yup. I figured this hearing would be a wash, where I would feel the same coming out as we did going in.

I actually feel more confident than ever. The DNA is out, the defense argument that Cahill's feelings were somehow "exculpatory" is laughable, and it sounds as if that Range Rover data issue has to do more with the FBI than the prosecution.

Onward!

So, are we thinking the issue with the RR data is like the amazing exculpatory DNA and Ninja Mountain Lions?

Non-existent.

RSBM

Right.

The problem i have with this tomfoolery is that they had an internal disagreement about their tactical approach which was resolved in favour of arrest.

But since that time the Preliminary hearing was held, where the evidence was tested in court, and a judge bound the accused over for trial, because there was a case to answer.

In other words, Cahill was proven wrong IMO.

So we can argue about whether the state could perhaps have gathered more evidence for their case or been more effective if they had delayed arrest - but nowhere does this point to any new evidence that goes to BM's innocence

The defence can go down this road at trial if they want, but the idea that the case should be dismissed is laughable. What they are really doing is grandstanding for the media and hoping that someone will say something on the stand that they can use at trial.

This is my beef with all of this. They are being granted multiple extra chances to go on fishing expeditions with prosecution witnesses before the trial even begins.

I find it extremely unusual.

BBM. This is why I believe the State has opted to play it so close to the vest. E&N are all lined up with some Indiana Jones style obstacle course for the State and Stanley isn't playing anymore. She took the bait once, doing an interview, and Hurricane Iris turned it into an argument for dismissal in the center ring. E&N have to earn their retainers somehow. The State just gets to sit back and watch them exhaust their own arguments before jury selection even begins.

All that stuff can, and I'm sure has, been done since Barry was arrested.

We know this, but Commander Walker (I think) said something to the effect of "the investigation doesn't stop after arrest."

They've continued to search mines, they've fully investigated those DNA hits, received data on Suzanne's vehicle, and certainly done countless other things since then.

So I'm not concerned that they've hurt themselves there.

They've had plenty of time.

It occurs to me to wonder if Barry's choice to return to Monarch Estates was because he heard they were still searching mines and he wanted to be able to cut and run at the first sign someone was going up Pahlone Peak?

It was @Seattle1 who gave a outstanding opinion (sometime ago) of the possible dynamic between BM, his mom and sisters growing up - essentially being dotted over in a unhealthy way. She could explain it so much better than me. I just don’t see him being on the run a.l.o.n.e. without these anchors in his life. The current girlfriend like you pointed out is not going to fill those roles. Imo

You don't think Barry wouldn't find a new "Shona" on the Yucatan? There's always another "Shona".

It doesn't sound like the defense scored many points today at all. "There wasn't anything in the investigation that showed Barry Morphew did not do it." -Derek Graham.

Just received results back yesterday from Arizona, and that DNA was excluded. Unknown male DNA could be from a different owner. Experts opinion of all 3 hits were that those were all excluded. So that's it for that DNA.

One big nothingburger. We knew that though.

Someone get Dateline and 48 Hours on the phone!

I think if any evidence so far was going to confuse the jury or make a mountain out of a mole hill, it was that DNA. I am glad it can be put to rest now and not even introduced at trial because it could have lead some jurors astray.

True, and it was a total waste of time. But time IS MONEY. Barry losing it and IE and DN pocketing it!

I think the defense also knew the DNA was a lost cause and NOT a random sexual predator that could have actually harmed Suzanne. I don't know if they told Barry this, but his supporters sure seemed to use the DNA "evidence" as proof that someone else did this to her. I wonder what those supporters think now that it's been ruled out?

I think the defense also knew the DNA was a lost cause and NOT a random sexual predator that could have actually harmed Suzanne. I don't know if they told Barry this, but his supporters sure seemed to use the DNA "evidence" as proof that someone else did this to her. I wonder what those supporters think now that it's been ruled out?

Just going out on a limb and going with: claiming the CCSO and CBI framed Barry and got rid of the real DNA.

The Eye of the Beholder?
@Auntie Cipation sbm bbm Agreeing w your post: Trevor's vid doesn't make it look super steep, but our perception may be distorted by camera lens, angles, etc.
And as Shakespeare (or somebody;)) said: Beauty and gradients are in the eye of the beholder.
Auto drivers may barely be aware of, or not even notice, a 5% uphill gradient, but that same climb may leave a cyclist* huffing & puffing, depending on cyclist's condition, etc.

Years ago bicycling for the first time along a road I had frequently driven on, I recall thinking - Where did this hill come from? :eek:It was never here before. my2ct
0%: A flat road
1-3%: Slightly uphill but not particularly challenging. A bit like riding into the wind.
4-6%: A manageable gradient that can cause fatigue over long periods.
7-9%: Starting to become uncomfortable for seasoned riders, and very challenging for new climbers.
10%-15%: A painful gradient, especially if maintained for any length of time
16%+: Very challenging for riders of all abilities. Maintaining this sort of incline for any length of time is very painful."
^ Gradients and cycling: an introduction - The Climbing Cyclist

As a mountain biker, I can assure you a hill on a bike is very different than a hill in the car. A gradual climb for 1/4 mile can even feel worse than a short "hill". Any kind of incline often requires gear changes or stopping to walk the bike up. It could even be the coming back down on a gravel road that was scary for her being new biker. Loose gravel/dirt roads are the worst IMO. I'd rather have a muddy trail, pavement, or packed hard dirt than gravel and gravel plus a hill of any size is something I would avoid.

A civil rights attorney? The Innocence Project has better things to spend time on. Like some wrongfully convicted kid in Mississippi.
Someone actually had the (insert whatever word fits) to call in the Innocence Project? How about they just read the AA and call it a day? And yes, help some person who is actually innocent and doesn’t have inheritance money to spend on fancy lawyers.

Well, since that tidbit was revealed, TS has questioned both LS and AF about a FOURTH hit! That man just doesn’t give up. :confused:

I don’t believe attorneys for the Innocence Project take any case (I think their work in general is important and needed). It’s important to note that they also work cases to help reduce prison sentences. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
difficultgrownup