Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean to suggest that.

Perhaps he'd stumbled across a shallow grave during his elk hunting forays. What a great way to disappear a body. Double decker.

But again, I think he dug that grave that night.

I'll be shocked if there were a second set of bones interspersed and scattered alongside hers....

But then I've been shocked before.

JMO
Sorry, my bad. I was joking and didn’t indicate it.
But, wow, wouldn’t that be a twist!

Morphew's remains were found scattered in a dry, high-desert field south of the town of Moffat Friday, Sept. 22. Mrs. Morphew’s remains are currently at the El Paso County Coroner’s office where an autopsy is being performed, according to Saguache County Coroner Tom Perrin.

Okay so no second set of remains with Suzanne's.

James "Jay" Montoya's body was found in Saguache County in July. No arrests have been made in the case.

So they found him in July and in the area where Edna went missing 30 miles away from Suzanne was found. So was there indeed another body where Suzanne was found? So curious
And why were they looking for a woman last seen on foot 30 miles away in an empty field?

And why were they looking for a woman last seen on foot 30 miles away in an empty field?

I theorized upthread that perhaps someone found bones and called the police who were investigating Edna's disappearance.

Jmo

I really did not believe Suzanne would be found. BM had the means and knowledge and a particular skill set to make her disappear forever. I think he got sloppy, though. Lost his adrenaline rush when it started sinking in that holy cats, I killed her this time. I say "this time" because I do believe he'd hit her, more than she was admitting to anyone. I think there could be witnesses to some of that, physically present, if they chose to be honest about it.

I think we will see him re-arrested, but it may take a while. Loved the one reporter's remark that there were no arrests "yet".

I'm heartened to hear the other sheriff's enthusiastic remarks and I hope we see some significant movement on the road to justice for Suzanne.

all moo

Intersting section here:

"Eytan and other sources close to the investigation confirmed that GPS from Morphew’s truck and cellphone evidence from his phone show that he was not in Saguache on May 9th or 10 — the weekend Morphew went missing."

Perhaps there is an accomplice

IE doesn’t know anything. She is just quoting the telematics and cell evidence we already know about

I think you've nailed it - BM was a hothead, not a cool and calculating person. Killing her, going to Denver, bleaching his tools in a hotel room - that all took a lot of time and energy. He had the means to bury her deep but given how wide open much of that part of Colorado is, I think his adrenaline was sinking, he was very tired, and he just wanted it to be 'over' with.

I just read that they also found an unknown man's bones while they were looking for Edna. Kind of creepy - I'm starting to wonder if this area is like Gilgo Beach, a dumping ground for bodies.

Unless the body clears Barry the civil case is dead. There is no way he could now give depositions in the civil case. They will run through all his lies in excruciating detail all of which will be admissible in any criminal trial.

I really did not believe Suzanne would be found. BM had the means and knowledge and a particular skill set to make her disappear forever. I think he got sloppy, though. Lost his adrenaline rush when it started sinking in that holy cats, I killed her this time. I say "this time" because I do believe he'd hit her, more than she was admitting to anyone. I think there could be witnesses to some of that, physically present, if they chose to be honest about it.

I think we will see him re-arrested, but it may take a while. Loved the one reporter's remark that there were no arrests "yet".

I'm heartened to hear the other sheriff's enthusiastic remarks and I hope we see some significant movement on the road to justice for Suzanne.

all moo

Me neither. Only the shallow grave got me surprised but the area was super remote. They had no clue Suzanne was in that area. The fact that they found her was pure luck. Maybe some divine intervention here.

A pool being closed means no one allowed to swim It doesn’t mean drained or not maintained. Leaving it drained for any amount of time can cause structural damage.

moo and a simple google search.
This is not A pool.
This is a specific pool in a specific motel and this is what management state about it

However, a manager at the $92-a-night property told DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms. The pool is also currently closed.

For good measure-

Meanwhile, Suzanne's brother, Andy Moorman, said the Holiday Inn hotel room wasn't the only place there was an unusual stench.

'From what I understood secondhand, they said there was an overwhelming smell of bleach in the home,' Moorman told Fox 21.

"It's very hurtful to lose your reputation and your integrity," Barry said.
Pass me the barf bag again, please.

I'm not sure the port could have withstood 3 years exposure, they're attached to veins..
but forensic bone tests will tell a lot about drugs... had to research it recently for another case..
If the port is just there in the grave, detached, it could well contain a minute sample of her blood.. it might be possible... just might..
Where was her port? They can be in the chest or the arm.

This video says this is where searchers found her body

View attachment 450069

Thanks for the links and video, @gliving !
Hmmm.

I was thinking she was found in a wide open empty desert-like terrain.
But in looking at this area, if there was even a slight hollow or dip in the ground, and he drove his (or, someone else's ?) vehicle into it, in the night time, well .... the scrub brush would partly conceal him, and at night there was probably no one around ?
Lots of privacy to carry out his nefarious deed.
:mad:
Omo.

Last edited:
that rumour was dismissed thoroughly a long time ago.
Pool was closed because of Covid.

It doesn't matter who touched the tools.
it only matters whether analysis of the tools showed anything significant to the investigation.
There is CCTV footage of him bringing tools in motel.

Exactly. Let's say that two co-workers left prints or DNA on the shovel. They aren't suspects. One of them is dead. The other left the state out of fear of BM.

BM clearly is touching the tools, so if he then WASHED them in the hotel room, that's really hinky. No one washes shovels in a hotel.

If the tools were then touched by the coworkers, and there's evidence of bleaching the shovel, then it stands to reason that Barry washed/removed his own DNA and purposefully placed the tools where others' DNA might get deposited on them. He surely is the one who took that shovel into the hotel, used the bleach, cleaned the tool and then staged it in the hotel lobby.

IMO. Doesn't matter at all who touched it. And it wasn't in any kind of "chain of evidence" at that point anyway - it was still part of a potential crime scene (the shovel). All of the information from the shovel will be useful at trial, IMO. Particularly the fact that no shovel was needed for the job they were about to do, and that he brought it into a hotel room said by a witness to be strongly smelling of bleach (which he had purchased in Salida at the spa store only the day before).

Most jurors will be able to follow the implications of this. And let's not forget that Barry admits to having animal tranquilizers in one of his many interviews with police. And he admitted to dumping trash (and I can't now remember what was found - but that was also on camera). And the one still-living co-worker said that he did not bring the right tools for the job that they were supposed to do, and he wasn't supposed to be at that work site on a Sunday. The two workers eventually just left and went home, and no work was done (the botched freeway wall was properly fixed by a real cement contractor months later).

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member