Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow mapsmiths:

Taking backroads to Moffat, from my proposed starting point of the beach site, what are we looking at for miles and minutes and what remains for dig time?

What's our closest guestimatation for what time he left the beach site? ( I'm assuming that was him, operating heavy machinery, either an actual earth mover of some sort or just the mean revving of a diesel truck.)

What time is his first digital action back at PP?

I'm astounded actually by what he may have attempted over about four hours.

Speculation:

ATV and cooler to second location for another diesel truck (neighbor? fire station?) Travel to beach site. With borrowed equipment? Backhoe Joe wasn't home, did Barry borrow something? Did Barry return to PP with the borrowed truck and haul his bobcat to the beach? Did he first put an old blade back on his bobcat. (We know he knows how.) (When he had the new blade put on on Saturday, did the technician leaves bolts in the bucket????)

Leaves the beach at dark thirty.... offloads a trailer?

Drives to Moffat. Returns from Moffat and now has to reverse his steps? Return the borrowed truck? ATV it back to PP. His ATV? Or neighbor's?

Barry shrugged off the claim of heavy machinery at the beach site (also dissed the lady who heard it). IIRC he said construction sites often leave keys with the vehicles.

Did he himself take advantage of that knowledge/practice?

In all of this, was Barry forced to enlist help? With a story as dumb as the rest. Needed a ride, needed a key, needed some tranq serum to put down a large animal. Presumably a fire station might stock just a thing. Unwitting accomplice. A move Barry wouldn't have wanted to make but might have been forced to. With someone over whom he had solid dominance and whom he believed gullible enough to buy whatever sick cookie Barry was selling.

By my accounting, Barry had minutes for burial, on the heels of stopping where he did because IMO he didn't have time to go further.

JMO

Last edited:
Theory: do we think Barry put Suzanne's phone in airplane mode?

It must have been powered on, yes, to ping where it did. Then did the power drain? What time was that ping?

Clearly I don't know how that works.

JMO

It must have been powered on, yes, to ping where it did. Then did the power drain? What time was that ping?

JMO
I think it was around 4:23 am. Maybe he destroyed and tossed it out on his way to the big wall job. Hah

Because her charger was also missing, I conclude her phone was charging.

If we assume maximum charge by morning, if Barry left it up by the Garfield turnaround, how long until it died?

Is there any way that Suzanne's phone would have pinged as it did if it was in the water near the bike?

I do think he wanted her phone found, but I don't believe for a second he'd want LE to be able to get into it. Water staging makes complete sense to me.

IMO Barry expected the bike to be found in the light of day. Her bike, her helmet, possibly riding clothes, possibly her phone...

Can't help but to wonder if he attempted to stage clothing to look like an animal attack...

JMO

No evidence for this, and possibly daft, but I am increasingly thinking of this ridiculous civil suit that they are seemingly in no great hurry to move forward as less about the righteous grievances of a falsely-accused upstanding citizen, and more about deferring a possible second prosecution for as long as possible, under the threat of yet another legal quagmire BobCatted out by the highly litigious BM.

Likely guilty but ready to delay and delay and delay, until everyone's out of cash and/ or patience. Won't work forever, and certainly not in the case of a high-profile murder, but buys time.

There may even be a model for that strategy to be found among Barry's pantheon of heroes.

Also, and utterly OT, but Olde Weste Saguache Co. was the site of the infamous Alferd Packer "Man Eater" canibal case, in which five (IIRC) members of an expedition were murdered while trying to make a short trip in very dangerous winter conditions.

The site has form from way, way back.

EDIT: Yep. Link below.

Yes, the Hutchison Lane site is the Tailwinds Project and the correct time for the Bobcat at that location should have been on May 9 from 10:06 to 11PM (not 12:06 to 1PM). After leaving this site he headed home and crept up on the Puma Path house overland from the east while ostensibly looking for a week-old dead turkey (It is a testimony to the professionalism of the FBI agents who elicited that admission from Mr. Morphew that they didn’t burst out laughing in his face).

I still wonder why he took the bobcat home and then back to Diesslin Structures in Salida. It would seem far more logical to drive 7 minutes to Diesslin from Hutchison Lane, drop the bobcat and then drive 19 minutes home without a trailer (26 minutes total, most without trailer). Instead he drives 17 minutes to home and back 19 minutes to Diesslin pulling a trailer, and then another 19 minutes home (55 minutes total, mostly with trailer). This doesn't sound like the cheapskate who disposes of his trash at private businesses and saves the shoe laces from boots he is throwing away.

On this same point, the cheapskate excuse for bizarre behaviors doesn't seem to comport with his arriving at the hotel in Broomfield at 8:30AM on Mother's Day. In order to check in that early you almost certainly would have to have paid for another day since standard check in is 3PM. So why would the parsimonious Mr. Morphew spend money on a room that he didn't need to check into until that evening? He could have left later in the day, gone to the job site for his 20 minutes of work at the wall, and then checked in nearer 3PM to avoid the cost. Suffice to say, my theory explaining this behavior involves homicide.
Excellent point on hotel check in time!

Been supping on this a while -- on one plate:

Barry drove something to Moffat.

How'd his shovels end up in Broomfield?

Sit with it.

If Moffat was his second choice, how'd he know to bring shovels when he left PP? Sure, they're part of the trade, presumably kept in the unkempt heap of a truck of his, so did he bring them by ATV or straight to the borrowed trolley that got him eventually to Moffat? Was he expecting naturally, by trade, that he'd somehow need them at the beach site, if that indeed was his first choice?

Maybe there's no mystery after all. He left PP with a body and shovels -- because he's Barry and he barries things.

I sure hope LE is waiting on killer telematics from tangential vehicles.

JMO

Been supping on this a while -- on one plate:

Barry drove something to Moffat.

How'd his shovels end up in Broomfield?

Sit with it.

If Moffat was his second choice, how'd he know to bring shovels when he left PP? Sure, they're part of the trade, presumably kept in the unkempt heap of a truck of his, so did he bring them by ATV or straight to the borrowed trolley that got him eventually to Moffat? Was he expecting naturally, by trade, that he'd somehow need them at the beach site, if that indeed was his first choice?

Maybe there's no mystery after all. He left PP with a body and shovels -- because he's Barry and he barries things.

I sure hope LE is waiting on killer telematics from tangential vehicles.

JMO
My line of thought isn't quite complete atm, but could he have used MG's car for something, when he didn't want to use his own? Maybe, he bore the costs and had the right to borrow the vehicle? Maybe, he had access anytime, by night and by day? Putting shovels into it or coolers?

It is speculation; Idk, which vehicle she had and if she had one. I don't suspect her to be responsible, but perhaps she was used by BM like he used many people.

My line of thought isn't quite complete atm, but could he have used MG's car for something, when he didn't want to use his own? Maybe, he bore the costs and had the right to borrow the vehicle? Maybe, he had access anytime, by night and by day? Putting shovels into it or coolers?

It is speculation; Idk, which vehicle she had and if she had one. I don't suspect her to be responsible, but perhaps she was used by BM like he used many people.
Whoa. I like this. Remember how she said she heard his truck that next morning, and ostensibly having been trained by Barry to jump at his bidding, did in fact pop up to get ready, thinking he needed her for work. On Mother's Day no less.

Perhaps what she heard was Barry leaving, after returning her vehicle. He could've had unfettered access from 11 to 3.

Wait. Scratch all that. She heard him around 5/5:30 IIRC....

So.... he still could've used her vehicle overnight and without her awareness....

But his 5 am visit IMO had more to do with known dumpsters.

Jmo

Whoa. I like this. Remember how she said she heard his truck that next morning, and ostensibly having been trained by Barry to jump at his bidding, did in fact pop up to get ready, thinking he needed her for work. On Mother's Day no less.

Perhaps what she heard was Barry leaving, after returning her vehicle. He could've had unfettered access from 11 to 3.

Wait. Scratch all that. She heard him around 5/5:30 IIRC....

So.... he still could've used her vehicle overnight and without her awareness....

But his 5 am visit IMO had more to do with known dumpsters.

Jmo
Do we know where MG lived at the time? Wondering if we could get her address added to Hilt’s work to see how close her place would be to the remains site, the beach house, etc.

JMO

No - it was active all the time until it's final ping with the tower. Probably it ran out of battery or was destroyed.

No - it was active all the time until it's final ping with the tower. Probably it ran out of battery or was destroyed.
Referring to the last ping from SM's phone. I have found the following about the last ping sent from a phone when it is about to run out of battery power.

'If your phone's battery life hits a critically low level, its location is automatically sent to Apple. That feature is called Send Last Location and as with Find My iPhone and Find My Network, make sure that it is toggled on'

''The Find My Network feature allows you to locate your iPhone even when it is offline, in power reserve mode, or when the phone is shut off.'

I think BM thought once SM's phone was either off or airplane mode and the battery died, that was the end of the phone's communications. Perhaps not. I think BM disposed of it in one of the garbage bags he disposed of in Broomfield.

IMO SM's phone's battery died at 4:23 am, and perhaps sent out it's last ping for help.

I do admit I am not the most tech savvy, but this would make sense for the phone sending out it's last dying ping.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members