Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think she was an employee. I think Barry hired labor as needed for each job like day laborers type situation. So “fired” was probably more like “you are never working for me again.”
Could he have claimed her as an employee on the COVID Relief Loan? With what we know of his ballot fraud, I wouldn’t be shocked if he did.

Why fire her? Why not send the check in the mail?
Know what I think? I think the timestamps of their communications alone may contradict BM's statements to LE and that may not be the end of what he wanted suppressed. What innocent man does that?

Like you said, the timestamps of their communications may contradict what Barry told LE. They will. I'm sure he's lied to LE. No innocent man does anything like that. An innocent man doesn't murder his wife, either.

Could he have claimed her as an employee on the COVID Relief Loan? With what we know of his ballot fraud, I wouldn’t be shocked if he did.
@rainbowshummingbird bbm And I would not be shocked either.

FWIW, iirc a US. govt website w info on some Covid related loan programs, showed an April (May?) 2020 of approx. $50,ooo USD ($54,000 or 58,000?) for 8 (9?) employees of BM's landscaping biz. Per loan terms, loan is/will be forgiven, if $ is used for certain payroll within a certain period for those employees. IDK if repayment info is avail online.
Someone here can prob'ly find a link to ^, but that's what I recall.

Sunset Farms LLC, Salida, Colorado, PPP loan based on a reported nine jobs retained, with a loan amount $53, 745. The reported nine retained are not itemized by name.
I was just going by memory from seeing this info once, months ago.
You are quite the wizard:), for finding this. Thx.

Last edited:
I agree. Noting, however, that this may all change if Suzanne's remains are stumbled on prior to the trial, by an innocent party somewhere.

If Suzanne is discovered by then, I think that might change the direction of everything. BM may be begging for a plea deal, if Suzanne is found.

BM will never tell. I am sure that he has tried to convince everyone that he is being set up by LE. Barry Manipulative has probably convinced his family that is the case.

We agree on several things here. I do believe BM used his work to spend time away from the home and SM. Being a business owner made it easier for him. SM's sister stated BM had an affair in IN. BM was doing his own thing. When he brought out the card and letter for that news reporter, I thought then he was so blind. He thought this was proof of a happy wife who loved him. *I* saw that card and letter from SM (I believe it was her written and expressed words) as sad, and was someone reflecting back in time of happier times.

For some guys (and women too), they can stray from a marriage, fall out of love, but when their partner does that, it's a hit to the male ego. It's a shock to some. I don't feel really strong about my opinion here. We'll see if any clarity is in the AA. IMO

ETA: link
https://www.the-sun.com/news/2835547/barry-morphew-suzanne-love-letters-after-murder/
Your post has me wondering whether BM laid the cards (these cards) on the table at some point hoping for Suzanne to reconsider her unhappiness and desire to move on. IMO
Remember when Suzanne?

I agree. Noting, however, that this may all change if Suzanne's remains are stumbled on prior to the trial, by an innocent party somewhere.

If Suzanne is discovered by then, I think that might change the direction of everything. BM may be begging for a plea deal, if Suzanne is found.
I agree. I also hold out hope that BM will cop a plea prior to the AA being released. I know it sounds naive but I remain hopefully optimistic that he will step up to the plate and spare his daughters the truth as it will come to be known. IMO

I agree. I also hold out hope that BM will cop a plea prior to the AA being released. I know it sounds naive but I remain hopefully optimistic that he will step up to the plate and spare his daughters the truth as it will come to be known. IMO
Ita.
You make an excellent point, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
I think Barry loves himself too much to consider others, even his own family.
Sadly.
Imo.

You raise an excellent point, and you may be right.

But I don't see such a restriction set out explicitly in the statute. If I were a prosecutor I would have a problem with an interpretation of the statute that left a perp free to bribe, intimidate, or retaliate against a witness right up to the point where charges were filed. If that's the case, the statute serves very little purpose IMO.

On reflection, I tend to agree with @MassGuy, that BM's termination of MG after she told GD and TN she was cooperating with LE was an act of retaliation. If so, I wonder if LE at least had a chat with the guys about accomplice or conspiracy charges, and flipped them.

I, too, would love to hear from our criminal law folks, what their take might be.
a missing person provides a reasonable suspicion that a crime may have occurred. LE questioning people about those close to the missing person is an investigation. People questioned may or may not be witnesses...but I would think the "what would a reasonable person believe" principle applies.

FWIW, iirc a US. govt website w info on some Covid related loan programs, showed an April (May?) 2020 of approx. $50,ooo USD ($54,000 or 58,000?) for 8 (9?) employees of BM's landscaping biz. Per loan terms, loan is/will be forgiven, if $ is used for certain payroll within a certain period for those employees. IDK if repayment info is avail online.
As I speculated previously.....I wouldnt' be surprised if BM had family members on the payroll...especially to shore up the terms of a federal loan. Funny how this was April...and SM disappeared a month later? Maybe she stumbled onto this new loan and didn't like the smell of it. I suspect BM was heavily leveraged financially and SM was getting increasingly worried about it.

If those payroll records are not legit in the course of getting that loan....federal mail fraud charges could apply.

We do and it is posted as a link. It was a PPP loan and BM stated he had 9 employees.

Go back to the first few pages of the thread, all of the links are there.

https://www.federalpay.org/paycheck-protection-program/sunset-farms-llc-salida-co
As I speculated previously.....I wouldnt' be surprised if BM had family members on the payroll...especially to shore up the terms of a federal loan. Funny how this was April...and SM disappeared a month later? Maybe she stumbled onto this new loan and didn't like the smell of it. I suspect BM was heavily leveraged financially and SM was getting increasingly worried about it.
The PPP loan was approved the same week (just 5 days before) SM went missing.⬇️
from the link provided by @TKG post
$53,745
Jobs Retained: 9
Loan Approved: 2020-05-02
Loan Status: Ongoing Loan
Lender: Bank of the West

Just to clarify, I don’t remember if we ever found out whether BMs company had “employees” on payroll or if they were “contract” workers hired by the job. There’s no way of knowing unless we have access to IRS records or his business books. I think most of us pretty much ‘assume’ he basically hired contract workers, but nothing has been set in stone on that issue, iirc.
The PPP loan BM rec’d I’m 99.99% sure was obtained fraudulently bc I do not think he honestly had 9 full time employees on payroll. BM doesn’t pay attention to pesky laws on the books.
Where’s your missing wife, Barry? Hope your oatmeal is lumpy and cold! Caged Guy! MOO

Last edited:
What I mean is and I hope I am wrong, BM has left no intact body to be found. JMO
In that case there would be even more pieces to be found, and possibly not all in one place. I doubt he went through all that trouble, though. If he did dismember the body to make it fit in something like a cooler, then he must have disposed of it somewhere. I still think it's in an isolated location, hidden well and away from the property he used to own. Imo

If those payroll records are not legit in the course of getting that loan....federal mail fraud charges could apply.

BM could be looking at more serious charges than “Mail fraud”.
Here’s a few cases of PPP loan fraud by a law firm that is tracking them. BM could be looking at these Federal charges -wire fraud, money laundering, bank fraud, theft of government funds, etc. If there aren’t 9 employees on his payroll, he could be in trouble with the FEDS. Come on,
DA Stanley, stack those charges on! Pile ‘em up! MOO

Updated List of PPP and EIDL Loan Fraud Criminal Cases
Federal Dept of Justice Website PPP LOAN FRAUD ⬇️
Justice Department Takes Action Against COVID-19 Fraud

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors