Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #66 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about obsessed weirdos... Told a coworker today where I was heading after work. She looked at me all concerned (she is a Psychologist) and said something to the effect that she doesn't understand how I can work in mental health and then follow true crime in my time off. I didn't know what to say to that... other than, i am just fine!!! :D:p
All you have to do is give her a tiny bit of info on this or any other case. She'll be hammering away on websleuths before long. One even finds inventive ways to deflect personal obligations and important things such as eating, sleeping and even paying bills, in order to read the flying by comments one cannot ignore.
She might tell her psychologist who'll in turn tell his psychologist and before you know it, we'll have a bunch of verified psychologists and then we're ALL in trouble!
On second though, never mind. :p

Last edited:
For your reference. [This is posted at the top of every new thread.]
List of Case Players by initials and their relationship to this discussion:
(Compliments of @steeltowngirl)

SM - Suzanne Morphew

BM - Barry Morphew

PE - Profiling Evil (YouTube show)

CM - Chris McDonough (Profiling Evil)

MK - Mike King (Profiling Evil)

MG - Morgan Gentile (BM Worker)

JS - John Schmitz (ex co-worker from Indiana, argued with BM)

GD - George Davis (BM close friend)

JR - Jean Ritter (neighbor who first checked on SM not home)

MB1 - Mary Branson (Heard noise near new Construction site)

TN - Trevor Noel (Barry’s nephew)

TD - Tyson Draper (early video with BM explaining how it happened)

JP - Jeff Puckett (BM worker)

CC - Cassidy Cordova (BM worker)

AM - Andy Moorman (Suzanne’s brother)

DM - David Moorman (Suzanne’s brother)

PK - Patty Kuhn (Alexandria City Council President - her sister is married to Suzanne Morphew’s older brother, David Moorman. Kuhn said her daughter grew up with Morphew, and they were friends.)

GM - Gene Moorman (Suzanne’s father)

MM1 - Mallory Morphew (SM & BM daughter)

MM2 - Macy Morphew (SM & BM daughter)

LS - Lauren Scharf (Fox21 reporter)

JL - Jamie Leary (covered love letters)

TIG - John Tiegen (Benghazi survivor, security expert, helped AM’s search)

TS - Troy Skinner (BM’s friend since middle school who has done interviews with MSM)

EN - Eric Nichol (Friend of BM, participated in search, says BM intense and driven)

SS - Summer Stehle (the stepmother of 17-year-old Macy’s best friend)

TN2 - Tim Nelson (Maysville Fire Dept “The Sheriff’s office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there”)

RB - Robert Bertram (Fire Chief “said he and his colleagues are still hoping she will be found alive and added that he doesn’t believe she would have left by herself)

KW - Karry Wooddell (Wooddell met Suzanne at the gym after she moved to Colorado in the fall of 2018)

AM2 - Amy McCurry (SM childhood friend and Alexandra City Councilwoman)

HB - Holly Burman (has a daughter the same age as one of Suzanne’s daughters and that is how they became friends)

MD - Michele Davis (childhood friend of SM)

CA - Cathy Amenta (friend who saw Suzanne on last day of cancer treatment)

FP - Fred Porter (Monarch Spur RV Park owner)

TB - Tiffany Butala (Butala is a store manager at the market and watched Barry on May 12th around 8 p.m. write the note on the back of a receipt.)

FB - Francis Bach (Cyclist on Mother’s Day who saw suspicious car)

TM - Tony Miller (longtime friend of BM, owner of E A Outdoor Services)

RK - Ray Kitson (has a daughter who lives nearby and has served the Morphew family at his restaurant)

WK - (dog handler who talked to PE)

MBM - Melinda (Baumunk) Moorman - (SM sister, wrote to Mountain Mail)

AK - Kurt, Investigator, Adventures With Purpose

TL - Terry Lott (Regional superintendent apt construction Denver)

LP - Lisa Patz (family friend who helped organize prayer vigil)

TL - Tisha Leewaye (owner of The Factory Salon and Bodyworks of Salida, where Morphew would go tanning, before trip to Mexico last February)

CH - Chad Heeter (Morphew’s next-door neighbor in the condo)

CG - Carol Games (Puma Path realtor)

RK - Rob Keesling (longtime friend of Suzanne’s brother Andy Moorman and took part in a search last September)

JS - John Spezee (Sheriff)

SM2 - Shirley Morphew (BM’s mother)

BM3 - Bob Morphew (Barry’s uncle did interview)

DT - Don Thayer (Grace Church Salida pastor)

LS2 - Linda Stanley (prosecuting DA)

DZ - Daniel Zettler (BM public defender)

TO - Thomas Owen (SM stepbrother)

PM - Poncha Market

LR - Longhorn Ranch (BM new home site)

HIE - Holiday Inn Express Broomfield

RTD - Regional Transportation District (wall job)

AWP - Adventures With Purpose

Scots Bicycle Service

Dru Nielsen and Iris Eytan - BM new lawyers

All you have to do is give her a tiny bit of info on this or any other case. She'll be hammering away on websleuths before long. One even finds inventive ways to deflect personal obligations and important things such as eating, sleeping and even paying bills, in order to read the flying by comments one cannot ignore.
She might tell her psychologist who'll in turn tell his psychologist and before long, we'll have a bunch of verified psychologists and then we're ALL in trouble!
On second though, never mind. :p
Good one!!!!!!!!!!

Talking about obsessed weirdos... Told a coworker today where I was heading after work. She looked at me all concerned (she is a Psychologist) and said something to the effect that she doesn't understand how I can work in mental health and then follow true crime in my time off. I didn't know what to say to that... other than, i am just fine!!! :D:p
Lol!! I love this. I just told my mom- who I’ve been updating throughout the past 16 months- that tomorrow is finally the day! She couldn’t believe this was a still a thing. I made her watch Suzanne’s beautiful birthday tribute (she cried), I showed her the 26- second video a long while back (she immediately said he’s guilty).. she knew how excited I was on May 5th when he was arrested… and she knows how equally upset I was when we were denied access to the AA multiple times.

So yeah, im part of the family members thinking i’m crazy tribe ;)

This deserves its own repost.

edit: oops. sorry - just saw the earlier reply, but will still leave this one stand!
:D

Just a few hours away now! I'm too excited to sleep! Thank you to all who will be posting tweets! I'm so glad you're there @NoSI and thanks for letting us know the CAT got there early and for the nice pics!!! I'll bet Barry won't sleep a wink tonight. I'll see all of you again shortly.

Now that may be a slight exaggeration, @MassGuy. :cool:
Im so happy to ssee you you here @OldCop! You don’t know who I am but I am very familiar with you and I just remember reading all of your wisdom and theories throughout this case. You are invaluable and im so excited for you to start hearing the evidence with the rest of us ❤️

Im so happy to ssee you you here @OldCop! You don’t know who I am but I am very familiar with you and I just remember reading all of your wisdom and theories throughout this case. You are invaluable and im so excited for you to start hearing the evidence with the rest of us ❤️
I know who you are, @StarrDetective. I’ve seen lots of your posts. We all come here with different experience and different perspectives, but we all come to WS to find justice for the victims.
This is going to be a ride. Buckle up, everyone!

Last edited:
Love Never Fails said:
I’m so excited to hear from the prosecutors and investigators tomorrow! I am in EST. Starts here at 10AM. Anyone have an idea how long the first day of preliminary will last? I’m trying to plan for supper to feed my better half. Hope he gets to eat tomorrow. :D

According to the court site:

Date Length Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
8/9/21-Murder
8:00 AM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Preliminary Hearing D82021CR78 Chaffee County Division 2

8/9/21-Voter Fraud
8:00 AM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Status Conference D82021CR85 Chaffee County Division 2

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

Looks like only 1 hour?? I don't believe it...

I'll shorten this up a bit - it's been awhile since he was in court.

Monday, August 9th:
*Preliminary Hearing (Murder) (Day 1 of 4) & Status Conference Hearing (Voter fraud) (Day 1 of 4) (@ 8am MT) - CO – Suzanne Renee Moorman Morphew (49) (missing May 10, 2020, did not return from bike ride (supposedly), Maysville, Chaffee County, not found) - *Barry Lee Morphew (53) arrested & charged (5/5/21) with 1st degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence & attempting to influence a public servant. And additional charges (5/18/21) with tampering with a deceased human body & possession of a dangerous weapon (short rifle) & amended (5/18/21) to add domestic violence as sentencing enhancement. No bond.
Barry’s PP Loan: Sunset Farms LLC, Salida, Colorado, PPP loan based on a reported nine jobs retained, with a loan amount $53, 745. The reported nine retained are not itemized by name. Loan Approved: 2020-05-02; Loan Status: Ongoing Loan; Lender: Bank of the West.
Missing info & court info from 5/10/20 thru 6/16/21 reference post #174 here:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

7/16/21 Update: The Media Consortium’s Motion for Reconsideration is DENIED. Hearing added for 7/22/21 @ 10am virtual for both cases. Preliminary hearing set for 8/9, 8/10, 8/23 & 8/24/21.
7/22/21 Update: A number of motions have been filed by the defense in regards to the discovery issues. People have filed responses. The judge reviewed all of the motions & replies. 1 Terabyte of information of the discovery was given to the defense. They weren't able to get mirror images of Barry, Mallory, and Macy's phone, a Spy pen, and an iCloud account of Suzanne's. Enhanced spy pen recording DOES exist, but it's hard to hear, and weak. Recording between Suzanne & another person on a phone call, as well as her listening to her own messages. DA ongoing investigation-there will be more discovery as investigation continues. There will be 18 witnesses at the preliminary hearings. Prosecutor clarified that maybe 3 of 18 will actually be called. Prosecution has 4 witnesses ready to testify @ Prelim regarding the crime scene at the residence. Defense Attorney Iris Eytan is asking for two sanctions: 1. Bond for Barry Morphew 2. Amend/Reducing first-degree murder charge to second-degree murder charge. She says the evidence that they've seen doesn't support first-degree murder charge. Judge ordered the DA's office to provide the enhance audio of the spy pen, 26 exhibits given to Barry on April 5, witness MG cell phone data, surveillance footage/photos from hotel, and Kindle/laptops data in 7 days. Judge ruled the State committed multiple discovery violations. No bond & no reduction in charges. Instead the prosecution will get a warning. Judge confirms preliminary hearing will NOT be on WebEx or EMC. Next preliminary hearings on 8/9, 8/10, 8/23 & 8/24/21.
8/6/21 Update: Status hearing set for today @ 1:30pm. Judge Patrick Murphy called this emergency hearing. There is a motion on discovery. They are present because the prosecution has pushed the discovery into a constitutional violation. They are being backed into a corner because of the prosecution providing them 3 more TB's of discovery. Requesting Morphew be granted a bond & attorneys fees because Morphew was arrested before the State was ready to hand over discovery. Morphew should not be in jail with his every function being monitored. The Judge wants to know if the defense wants to address it before or after the preliminary hearing. 8 witnesses & 450 exhibits is expected to be presented at the preliminary hearing, according to Iris Eytan. The judge said a thousand pages of discovery has been dumped in the last few weeks alone. He can't tell if the prosecution's discovery is on going investigation or before June 2. He wants the preliminary hearing to only last 4 days. Morphew's attorney is asking the judge to require the prosecution to give them a list & ORDER of the 8 witnesses who will take the stand during the preliminary hearing. The state says no they don't have to give them the order. The judge agrees with the prosecutor. Court no authority to order this, but also thinks it would be helpful to the court for a sequential witness list but good faith only (won't be held to it). The judge wants to know how long each witness will take just to help him out with timing. However, if the State wants to switch the order it is ok. Surveillance, and a download of Suzanne’s best friend’s phone will be presented at this hearing. Judge requests defense refile their motion & be more specific about their complaints they think are sanctionable. Judge said preliminary hearing will happen & it WILL be completed in 4 days The preliminary hearing is still on for 8am Monday morning, 8/9/21. 8 witnesses will be called & 450 exhibits shown/spoken about.

*Charged (5/13/21) with felony forgery of public records & misdemeanor elections-mail ballot offense. $1K Bond.
For info on his voter fraud from 5/13/21 to 5/14/21 reference post #174 here:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

5/27/21 Update: A virtual hearing added for 7/22/21 for both cases. Status conference hearings on 8/9, 8/10, 8/23 & 8/24/21. 7/22/21 Update: See above under murder re hearing.

Last edited:
According to the court site:

Date Length Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
8/9/21-Murder
8:00 AM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Preliminary Hearing D82021CR78 Chaffee County Division 2

8/9/21-Voter Fraud
8:00 AM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Status Conference D82021CR85 Chaffee County Division 2

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

Looks like only 1 hour?? I don't believe it...
I’m guessing it’ll be closer to 8…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member