Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem was that the tools left behind weren't the proper tools for the job, according to employees. He had
reportedly been there for over nine hours but there was no sign that anything had been done at the jobsite.

If he left Salida around 5:00 am and didn't head back until 5:30 pm, what had he been doing all day? That has never made sense from the beginning and he's never explained it.
Cleaning something with turpentine, was it?

If Barry didn’t know of the affair, why would his mom say something soon after SM’s disappearance about an affair? Unless the thinking is he found out immediately after he killed her?

ITA, that coupled with her cancer coming back, I'm sure JL was someone whom she felt she could talk to since they've known each other since High School.

No matter how the Defense wants to place blame or shed a bad light on Suzanne for the 'affair', it does not diminish Barry's culpability in her murder, period. I think any rational juror would understand that.
Sure they will when and if the prosecution gets some evidence out...I have to assume that will start this afternoon...I hope so.

WOW So Barry never even knew of an affair!
I am not sure about that. Suzanne may have not told anyone but Barry may have "found" out in another way.
If it took LE until November to find out about the affair - did Suzanne have two phones? How could she have had 6+ hour conversations with someone and LE not know who that person was? Assuming this was a phone conversation - or were they physically together?

Has it came out yet if BM was aware of the affair prior to her disappearance?

Someone else posted earlier that BM's mom said SM had a boyfriend to one of the YouTube people who met BM and his mom during a search. I haven't watched any of the YT videos related to this case so I don't know what was said and when but hopefully the person who caught that can chime in.

I am not sure about that. Suzanne may have not told anyone but Barry may have "found" out in another way.
If it took LE until November to find out about the affair - did Suzanne have two phones? How could she have had 6+ hour conversations with someone and LE not know who that person was? Assuming this was a phone conversation - or were they physically together?
Whatsapp and other apps are encrypted, I believe.
And I do not think BM knew because he would’ve told LE from the beginning. Jmo

If it was over the phone and presumably they only had cell and home phone... could BM have looked up phone records, assuming he had access to the accounts? I don’t know if you can look up calls on landline records but you can on cell phone records. Just throwing this idea out there as I have no idea about the landline at all

Eta: I know she likely used apps but just putting this idea out there

The forensic files (FF) listen seems so bogus to me unless it was the only one or one of very few. I’m subscribed to the FF podcast and listen to all they upload. They have shown many many ways spouses make each other disappear. I hate to think of my wife disappeared listening to FF would be part of the evidence holding me over for trial.

Last edited:
That or do you think she was going to come clean to him about having an affair? And maybe that triggered him to hurt Suzanne. Because I remember Melinda texting her back something about; I don't know how to respond to this text message. I will pray for you. IMO, I think Suzanne told Melinda she had an affair.

I would imagine that she wouldn't tell him about the affair.
I think she probably felt that that part would really send him over the edge, and/or he'd refuse a divorce.
But it's possible that he found out about the affair otherwise.
jmoo

WOW So Barry never even knew of an affair!
Not necessarily. While the deputy says SM didn't tell anyone, it doesn't mean BM couldn't have figured it out. In my opinion, though, I don't think BM knew about the relationship between SM and JL. I feel like he would have used this information (bike accident! No, it was a bobcat! No, it was an abduction! No, she ran off with a lover!) JMOO

Not necessarily. While the deputy says SM didn't tell anyone, it doesn't mean BM couldn't have figured it out. In my opinion, though, I don't think BM knew about the relationship between SM and JL. I feel like he would have used this information (bike accident! No, it was a bobcat! No, it was an abduction! No, she ran off with a lover!) JMOO

Yeah but he could have realized how easy it would be for the other guy to have a solid alibi so maybe he knew that wasn’t the best course of action...or the best fake story to tell..

That’s what I thought at first, but wouldn’t that truck have registered the door opening multiple times between then and then if he was disposing of evidence?
Unless you are driving slowly down the road tossing things out the window as you go. Been done many times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper