Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is nothing like the business he was in. You are comparing apples to oranges.
He worked landscaping. I work landscaping every summer...I have 6 total coworkers, 3 of them are the owners. I'm around them everyday. Can it be stressful for them? Sure. Have any of them tried to kill their wife or husband because their landscaping jobs put pressure on them? No. Not sure what your overall point is here at all.

Okay, well, I'm still confused. I'm tending to go with what Lauren typed - I'm sure it will be more clear by the end of the day. I'll check MountainMail's coverage.

(Stephanie is a youtuber; Lauren is a journalist...)

I just find it hard to believe Lauren could mistake the phrase "Suzanne's head" for "his head." Maybe. Right now we have Ashley saying "her head," and Lauren saying "his head," which I feel could be more easily confused for each other than "Suzanne's head."
Stephanie is a reporter for Denver Channel 7 News, not a YouTuber.

She told her friend she needed to wait for some financial reasons, and because her daughter would soon be graduating high school and leaving the house. "Once Macy is gone, I won’t be able to do it," Suzanne texted her friend in September 2019. "I won’t feel safe.”
BBM Here is another heart breaker - she was afraid to be alone in the house with her husband. She texted.. Once Macy is gone I won't be able to do it. Just devastating - all of this -
Dear dear Suzanne you deserved so much more -
A premonition of sorts, because she wasn't safe with the girls both gone.

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 2m
#SuzanneMorphew allegedly continued to tell #BarryMorphew that she needed peace and wanted out. Says she wanted to wait until their daughter Macy was out of the house. @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 7m
Sheila allegedly began to ask #SuzanneMorphew to make a sort of "what if" list about what she would do after her and #BarryMorphew seperated. Texts show Suzanne told Sheila, Barry wanted her to be the bad guy and he wanted to look good. @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 12m
Sheila told investigators that #BarryMorphew would say things like "I'm going to tell the girls you don't love me." SA Harris says that is a control mechanism to try to put the girls against #SuzanneMorphew. @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 14m
SA Harris says Sheila told them #SuzanneMorphew said she was possibly being physically abused by #BarryMorphew. She allegedly told Sheila he pushed her into a closet door and held a gun to her head, on a different occasion he allegedly would pin her on a bed.
@KKTV11News

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 20m
Texts say sometimes small things would just "set Barry off" and he would leave and come back and be fine. There was another time when #BarryMorphew allegedly brought their daughters into their arguments to pick sides. #SuzanneMorphew @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 22m
SA Harris is continuing to detail the texts between #SuzanneMorphew and her best friend Sheila. Suzanne made a comment that she can't "handle the unstableness"

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 28m
We are about to start back up for the afternoon. Special Agent Harris is still on the stand. #BarryMorphew #SuzanneMorphew @KKTV11News

CORRECTION
“Gun to Head”
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424821161574109184?s=21
Ashley Franco clarifies it was a gun to his head.
“Correct! My bad.. got a bit ahead of myself. Thanks for helping me out on that one”
2:53 pm MT

I think she would have moved back to IN with half of the assets and lived a modest life in peace with her family surrounding her with BM far, far away. She wanted peace.
Without her daughters, and the Morphew family, which she had been part of for over 20 years, would most likely shun her. Health insurance, being alone on her own for the first time in her life, with no career, she probably assumed their mutual friends would choose Barry’s side and she would be very alone. Not to mention facing her own immortality with her cancer diagnosis.

If you think about it, she never really made her own money. What would she do? Where would she go? How would she live? Her own children were on Barry’s side. She stood to lose everything. She had already checked out emotionally, but what was her plan B?

This happened to my MIL and she got a good divorce lawyer and a nice lump sum settlement. Suzanne likely would have been entitled to alimony.

It makes me really sad to see these messages that Suzanne stayed for her daughter who is now sitting behind her father supporting him.

Stephanie is a reporter for Denver Channel 7 News, not a YouTuber.

Ah, thank you. Her Twitter bio focuses on "doing digital" for the DenverChannel, doesn't mention reporting right away (and on ultramarathons and doing "morning digital," so I was thinking she was more of a sports enthusiast who works in some capacity there.

I'm awaiting the reporter from NBC. Because we have three reporters and each says something different.

Also, MountainMail should be weighing in.

Held a gun to her head or his head?? OH mY to either!
Nice guy

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

Agent Harris mentioned that Sheila told him in 2018, Barry allegedly pushed Suzanne into a closet and put a gun to his head and asked her if this is what she wanted.

@AshleyKKTV
SA Harris says Sheila told them #SuzanneMorphew said she was possibly being physically abused by #BarryMorphew. She allegedly told Sheila he pushed her into a closet door and held a gun to her head, on a different occasion he allegedly would pin her on a bed.
@KKTV11News

3:43 PM · Aug 9, 2021·Twitter Web App

his head or hers? So confusing.

MOO, it was his head. He's that manipulative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper