Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't learn about the Frazee fire until trial. We certainly didn't know about the latched case or the tooth fragment until trial.

LE searched for an entire day at BM's jobsite before media caught wind of it. Had they not, LE may have searched there unnoticed for the entire span of days. We wouldn't know whether they did or didn't find anything because we wouldn't have known they were there at all. I put HUGE stock in their carefully worded statement, that they found nothing connected to Suzanne/the case AT THIS TIME.

IMO additional testing may prove my point.

Of the top of my connected head, I can only think of a handful of searches LE has conducted thus far. Thst leaves another handful of which we are utterly unaware. Likely they occurred away from the collective media eye....

We know the jobsite was searched. We know the family home has been searched. We can assume the area around the real or imaginary bike was searched. The reservoir/river was searched. Monarch Pass was closed, presumably for a roadside search, probably closer to home than farther from.

We sleuthers are in that weird space between LE overt/covert action and the eventual release of arrest affidavits/arrest warrants. I am confident we will be blown away when we learn at some future date what LE is doing, has done and has been doing, to date.

I predict: the AA will be replete with evidence of murder, evidence linking a POI to the crime, a layered timeline of events, made clear by cellphone usage, vehicle GPS, residential and industrial video footage.

I expect: we'll all be horrified and heartbroken.

JMO
I posted this yesterday but IMO it's worth a repost and your point is well taken - they had so much we did not know about fairly early on and CBI is involved here as well:
I thought I would do a search on tips for other CO cases - still looking btw - but ran across this article - and it really helps me to look at this investigation with "fresh eyes" - it's quite fascinating IMO how things were unfolding and being interpreted by LE in the early days of Kelseys case. very interesting and I think we can speculate what's being done for Suzanne at this point.
JMO
'We never wanted to let her down': Meet the investigators who helped solve Kelsey Berreth's murder

He he he, what comes to my mind is NYC's crime construction syndicate. Annnnd, sometimes some construction workers are pretty heavy into drugs. I also know of many clean cut on the square tradesmen, but not all of them are. In real estate and construction as any other business you can get some shady characters some money laundering, etc.

Anything is possible.

I tend to think in idealistic fairytale socially acceptable models as any good culturally trained citizen would but it doesn't always work. Sometimes I have to look at that reality we like to keep hidden because it doesn't fit the picture society begs us to paint.

Material Politics of New York: From the Mafia’s Concrete Club to ISIS — The Gotham Center for New York City History

"What if I unearthed that concrete — much like cocaine — is embedded in histories of violence, illicit activity, and social and environmental harm?

Enter the New York City Mafia. Few architectural and urban historians have examined the extent to which the organized crime syndicate controlled the construction of the city’s building efforts throughout the twentieth century."

I am not saying anything is amiss in Salida, I am just saying it happens so it shouldn't be overlooked. Or denied.
Your post is dead on. Concrete is an interesting industry.

I feel like BM tested the waters by adding his name to the *** and it failed. He had 30 days to pick a permanent beneficiary and as that date was approaching quickly his next best choice was MM. If this situation plays out poorly for BM ( I suspect it will) It's a lot easier going to your daughters for support money then it is your mother. Mothers would be influenced by other siblings "don't give him a cent" yet it would be an unimaginable pain to turn down a request from what could be your only living parent. I see this as a calculated move on BMs part. IMO
Bam!!!!!

Your post is dead on. Concrete is an interesting industry.
Hard pill to swallow sometimes. End of article mentions how global environments effect local ones. I see this with drugs and global drug cartels. To think of such things as being a problem somewhere else is to put a community at risk. LE can't keep up with all of it. Yes concrete is interesting, the things I never got taught in school...

I have no idea why it's being discussed so much today, but this is usually what happens when there isn't really any new updates - we re-hash what we already know, at least 46 billion times.

I don't know if they found anything there that connects to SM. If they found anything at all, it would have to undergo some tests to prove it was hers, so their comment was possibly a carefully worded truth:

"Investigators searched several locations on the property; however, they were unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew’s case at this time. Details about the search are not available, as this is part of the active investigation" May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

Or, it could mean exactly that, they found nothing that could connect the site to SM. Either way, we'll never know, until the documents associated with the case become public.

jmo
Maybe they were looking for computer hard drive?
The darned thing is hard to get rid of safely unless you shred it or bury it.

LE could be analyzing the data in the drive if they found it. Therefore the statement, 'unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew's case at this time'.

Just speculating

Last edited:
BBM

Again, just me speculating. I believe this father wants to protect his daughters. That’s just my gut feeling. If he is responsible for SM’s disappearance, I believe he must be wracked with guilt and fear for his daughters’ future. So my speculation about the real estate transaction is that the money is needed for the daughters. The adult daughter signing supported that idea.

I really want BM to be innocent. But if he is not, my hope is that these steps are being taken for the daughters.

MOO
I was speculating the same thing re BM getting ducks in a row for daughters in case he is suddenly gone...and by gone I mean arrested or suicide. I think if BM did something he regrets that he could be so full of guilt and remorse that he might confess. Especially if he is living with or interacting daily with his daughters and seeing how much pain they are in. If it was pre-meditated then maybe he is stone cold evil. But I speculate LE continues to interview him and apply pressure trying to “crack” him.

I feel like BM tested the waters by adding his name to the *** and it failed. He had 30 days to pick a permanent beneficiary and as that date was approaching quickly his next best choice was MM. If this situation plays out poorly for BM ( I suspect it will) It's a lot easier going to your daughters for support money then it is your mother. Mothers would be influenced by other siblings "don't give him a cent" yet it would be an unimaginable pain to turn down a request from what could be your only living parent. I see this as a calculated move on BMs part. IMO
BBM:

A Question:
Was this most change in the *** beneficiary made after MM gave her consent on the guardianship request?

If so, I find that vaguely disquieting.

The timing and sequencing of these events may be completely unrelated.
Then again, they may not.

I find it troubling.

JMO.

I think it’s safe to assume the dirt wasn’t laid on Mother’s Day, since BM says he was out of town. That would be a very obvious lie.

It wasn’t laid by BM in the days after Mother’s Day, because SM was newly missing.

Likely Saturday or Friday, which makes it very interesting when paired with the bike ride story.

MOO

BM doesn't have to have been there personally for the dirt to be laid. His crew wouldn't need him there to do the work. He'd have needed to take care of the paperwork others have mentioned, and arrange for the materials, but the hauling and spreading would most likely be done by a crew with him checking in as necessary.

One thing I would like to know and will probably never find out is where he gets his clean fill and topsoil from...

Agreed. That would be openly visible during the pour.

My guess is that they removed the concrete to access the soil below. They may be able to use the underside of the concrete, if soil is attached.

What they were looking for I can not fathom, but it must include small bits if they were using sieves.

I can’t see how a criminal would think that a building site with a work crew would be a better place to bury evidence than the wilderness of Salida. It just doesn’t make sense.

MOO
I think if he knew by the plans or schedule that concrete was about to be poured and a structure built there it’s a good hiding spot but not if you are SEEN there laying dirt or working. It’s risky to hide a body in the wilderness area near the home where there will be searches and tracking dogs. And especially if he was in a hurry and needed somewhere close. Just speculating of course we don’t even know if SM is deceased. On the other hand, if SM was murdered and it was a day or two before MD he could have driven her body somewhere else in the middle of the night hours away to hide it.

I agree. How many of us could imagine ourselves making a PUBLIC statement in a national case? No way would I do that! For starters, look at the insanity that ensued when a man recorded BM and went public. He was villified and had to disappear for a few days. People may say nice things or not so nice things about BM when conversing with friends and family and LE, but what's the point of telling strangers, essentially, as well? It doesn't help the case and could be very scary and disruptive to one's life. As long as you've told LE anything you know, you've done your duty. If you go beyond that, your social and professional circles may think that you're seeking attention or trying to sway public opinion.

You and K9Enzo posted excellent reasons for some to hesitate that I hadn't considered . Still, I know I would defend him, and yes, I am aware of the brutality of SocialM. We have all had different life experiences. I am a very private person BUT there was a time in my life when I should have spoken out and didn't, 40+ years and I still regret it and remember. I don't see what "duty" has to do with this, so if you see someone physically abused, you simply report it and your duty is done? No obligation to help the person? The uncle is aware , the "Find Suzanne FB page" which is a family page is aware , the public in general is aware that BM is being tried in the court of public opinion, if I had a friend or family member I felt being unjustly vilified , I would have no problem speaking out. If I was wrong later...so be it.

Last edited:
BM doesn't have to have been there personally for the dirt to be laid. His crew wouldn't need him there to do the work. He'd have needed to take care of the paperwork others have mentioned, and arrange for the materials, but the hauling and spreading would most likely be done by a crew with him checking in as necessary.

One thing I would like to know and will probably never find out is where he gets his clean fill and topsoil from...
The property owner said he laid the dirt.
Not to start that discussion again :p:D
Search For Suzanne Morphew In Salida Concludes With No New Clues

Thanks for this update. Okay, so we can take that off the table for SM. So sad for this poor woman’s family.
Thanks! So it WAS this poor young woman from Witchita after all - that was all very confusing. Was this the one with the box? So just to be clear there are no more unidentified bodies that were found in the Ninnescah River?! I’ll have to go look this up. Very sorry for her family too.

BBM:

A Question:
Was this most change in the *** beneficiary made after MM gave her consent on the guardianship request?

If so, I find that vaguely disquieting.

The timing and sequencing of these events may be completely unrelated.
Then again, they may not.

I find it troubling.

JMO.
Yes it was. It was changed yesterday.

Thanks for this update. Okay, so we can take that off the table for SM. So sad for this poor woman’s family.

As far as I know there were two women missing from Wichita, this woman recently identified as Shalan Niccole Gannon, 27 years old and a visually challenged woman, aged 23 called Savanah Schneider.

So is this woman identified as the body with the gun case?

Yes it was. It was changed yesterday.

JMO
All the different changes in the "Give Me Some Money" website has me suspicious just from the fact it has been changed so often.

I dont usually pay much attention to those sites during cases other than to just know they exist but it sure sounds like this particular one has had a lot of changes in who is part of the site and who will ultimately be getting funds from it. That alone has my eyebrows raised.

I mean wouldnt they normally be setup right from the start for a single defined purpose and have a single beneficiary in mind for the funds. If so, then why is this particular one needing all these changes. It seems unusual to me.

It may be nothing but then again at least for now I am putting that in the "Hmmmmm" category along with some other "Hmmmmm's" about this case.

JMO
All the different changes in the "Give Me Some Money" website has me suspicious just from the fact it has been changed so often.

I dont usually pay much attention to those sites during cases other than to just know they exist but it sure sounds like this particular one has had a lot of changes in who is part of the site and who will ultimately be getting funds from it. That alone has my eyebrows raised.

I mean wouldnt they normally be setup right from the start for a single defined purpose and have a single beneficiary in mind for the funds. If so, then why is this particular one needing all these changes. It seems unusual to me.

It may be nothing but then again at least for now I am putting that in the "Hmmmmm" category along with some other "Hmmmmm's" about this case.

The 'Give Me Some Money' page is getting more updates then the find Suzanne Morphew page on facebook. Just does not feel right. Imo

Genuine question re the concrete/dirt - do people here think LE found something there? I'm wondering why it's being discussed in so much detail today and if I missed something.

No snark intended.

I think with regard to what just the fact of the search means to the case. What other evidence there might be.

We know there is at least one sealed search warrant in this case. So we know that LE had to show probable cause for that search warrant. Reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed and that evidence may be found in the area to be searched.

That warrant we know covered the Morphew residence, at least.

I think these factors together make it clear that LE ha some significant evidence and that’s why this search is interesting. That’s my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheForgottenLives