Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allegedly and according to the story BM told, SM was on a bike ride around 4:30pm-ish and it was approaching 6pm that she was reported missing. He allegedly didn't get back from Denver until around 9pm-ish or so. I suppose one could count that as "night." Then again... maybe not. However, if he had said "day," I think people would find that suspicious too.
May 7th was the "Flower Moon" a full super moon. It actually got darkest just after sunset, and lightened up again after the moon rose in the sky. I post this quick series of Google Earth Pro re-stagings, to demonstrate.
LE has reported when they received the 9:11 call, but we have never been told when LE first arrived, or when the initial search commenced, or ended. Given that it got dark around the time the first searchers might have arrived, then was light again an hour before BM arrived.......it is highly possible that LE had already found the bike by the time BM came, but it's also not impossible to believe they found it after he was there.
All four pictures are Google Earth aerial snapshots. Inly the time on May 10, 2020 was xchanged between each snap.
May 2020: The Next Full Moon Is a "Supermoon" Flower Moon – NASA Solar System Exploration

Attachments

• 5.41 pm Fooses Lake.jpg
    5.41 pm Fooses Lake.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 6.34 pm Fooses Lake.jpg
    6.34 pm Fooses Lake.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 7.28 pm Fooses Lake.jpg
    7.28 pm Fooses Lake.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 8.09 pm Fooses Lake.jpg
    8.09 pm Fooses Lake.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 37
May 7th was the "Flower Moon" a full super moon. It actually got darkest just after sunset, and lightened up again after the moon rose in the sky. I post this quick series of Google Earth Pro re-stagings, to demonstrate.
LE has reported when they received the 9:11 call, but we have never been told when LE first arrived, or when the initial search commenced, or ended. Given that it got dark around the time the first searchers might have arrived, then was light again an hour before BM arrived.......it is highly possible that LE had already found the bike by the time BM came, but it's also not impossible to believe they found it after he was there.
All four pictures are Google Earth aerial snapshots. Inly the time on May 10, 2020 was xchanged between each snap.
May 2020: The Next Full Moon Is a "Supermoon" Flower Moon – NASA Solar System Exploration

Sunset was roughly 8:04 pm.

Warning: Extreme subjectivity to follow. I sincerely hope I am not violating TOS. I am not trying to disparage BM at all, this is simply my visceral reaction to him. My instinctual reaction to him means absolutely NADA in the court of law, etc., but goodness gracious, am I the only female that finds BM revolting? Like gag-inducing revolt? My date-rape-o-meter is pinging super high with him. Again, MY date-rape-o-meter. This is not fact, nor based on evidence, only my gut reaction to any video, photo, etc. of him. I am Suzanne's age, and I simply cannot fathom being 'with' a guy like that at this stage in my life. The blonde tips, the arrogance, it is stomach turning. An old 'frat guy' that never grew up. The "old guy" at the college bar. All of that came to me before I EVER heard him speak the words "Oh Suzanne..." or studied his body language throughout his "Reward for SAFE return Message". I do not assume he is guilty, I am simply waiting for something to MOVE me in the direction of innocence, and it has yet to come. Thus far, everything that has come to light has moved me in the opposite direction.

Warning: Extreme subjectivity to follow. I sincerely hope I am not violating TOS. I am not trying to disparage BM at all, this is simply my visceral reaction to him. My instinctual reaction to him means absolutely NADA in the court of law, etc., but goodness gracious, am I the only female that finds BM revolting? Like gag-inducing revolt? My date-rape-o-meter is pinging super high with him. Again, MY date-rape-o-meter. This is not fact, nor based on evidence, only my gut reaction to any video, photo, etc. of him. I am Suzanne's age, and I simply cannot fathom being 'with' a guy like that at this stage in my life. The blonde tips, the arrogance, it is stomach turning. An old 'frat guy' that never grew up. The "old guy" at the college bar. All of that came to me before I EVER heard him speak the words "Oh Suzanne..." or studied his body language throughout his "Reward for SAFE return Message". I do not assume he is guilty, I am simply waiting for something to MOVE me in the direction of innocence, and it has yet to come. Thus far, everything that has come to light has moved me in the opposite direction.
...the sleeveless shirt. Ugh. No.

No, you are not the only female to have that reaction to BM. I try not to let this color my view of the case. But it is not easy. Moo

Right. Why nothing? Seems disrespectful not to put out a weekly "we are working on it."
I have no doubt LE are working on this, day in, day out. BM OTOH has moved on. It appears he has other fish to fry. Time to sell, time to buy, time to build and goodness knows what else. Too soon to reach out and plead for his “abducted” wife, but hey, not too soon to get on with HIS life. All speculation on my part, of course.

I have no doubt LE are working on this, day in, day out. BM OTOH has moved on. It appears he has other fish to fry. Time to sell, time to buy, time to build and goodness knows what else. Too soon to reach out and plead for his “abducted” wife, but hey, not too soon to get on with HIS life. All speculation on my part, of course.
"Too soon..." to speak, but not "too soon..." to get on with those business deals! Life MUST go on! /s

This makes wonder if the daughters had made repeated calls to Suzanne Friday, Saturday and Sunday. What if the daughters wanted to tell their mother well beforehand that they weren’t going to be able to make it back home until the evening of Mother’s Day?

Maybe they were letting their mom know, along the route (perhaps over two days) where they were. That would be a common practice for the mother of a 16 year old away on a camping trip and on the road (and a 20 year old too - and my kids still text when they leave and when they get home).

So it's possible the girls became more and more alarmed by Sunday afternoon. For all we know they were eventually on the phone with police (once the neighbor had told police all she knew, surely the police would want to talk to the people who asked the neighbor to check and to call?)

What's interesting is that family members can call police and ask what's going on. Police typically say more to the family members than to...John Q. Public. Sometimes the police ask the family member not to go to MSM with what they've been told, but they do not generally bar the family from holding a press conference, with their attorneys, and at least making a statement (which would include the fact that the police were letting the family know what was going on and could the public please just keep Suzanne in their minds).

In Barbara Thomas's case, we had a verified insider (family member) who did in fact get more information directly from police than what reporters were able to get. He shared some of it on WS, leaving out things he said police asked him not to mention.

My point is basically that one conduit for information (should anyone think the public needed to know anything or to encourage the public to still be on the look-out)...is the family. With their attorney, with a carefully worded statement (LE will help them with that, if the family wants to thank the public for the banners and encourage the public to keep Suzanne in their minds).

Oh no, you’re bang on. He’s the guy you notice even in peripheral vision and instinctively avoid.

Having seen the peculiar ‘appeal’ video that feeling doesn’t change, he oozes insincerity.

Imagine for a moment that you are close friends or family of SM; The silence must be heartbreaking. We have 20 threads, each 50 some odd pages long. At times there is bickering out of sheer frustration. I think it’s safe to say the frustration evolves from the desire for justice and answers. Now imagine that’s a technique for agitating the perp. Not sure this happens, but how does someone desperate to know what’s happening so they can keep their lies ahead of the case Act versus someone desperate for answers because their heart is broken and world destroyed, fraught with uncertainty? Could it be an LE strategy? How would the behavior differ? Could it drive someone crazy to a point they finally crack?

It just doesn’t seem to be too much effort to put out a quick PR weekly. Even one that reads “No new updates”. I get the feeling it’s all calculated and some kind of strategy. IMO

Relative to the finances of a married couple of many years -- a divorce could be financial ruin to an unwilling spouse that's suddenly forced to liquidate and share not less than 50% of his assets.

It's not difficult. If your wife wants a divorce, there's indeed financial gain if she's disappeared instead of carrying out her plan to take half and walk away.

They lived the ‘perfect life' by social media standards. A stunning wife, two beautiful girls, $1.5 million dollar mansion, active Church goers, big game hunters. When it all starts to fall apart, extreme pressure and panic kicks in. IMO
MOO

Curious?
Notice his words?
"...the night she disappeared."
What does he know that we don't?
He chose the word night not day....
I just think that TN was still very much on the BM bandwagon at that point. I imagine BM called him Sunday night to tell him SM was missing. He has it in his mind that that was the night she went missing. JMO

Wait. I haven't been able to read all posts so maybe this has been addressed, but if you're talking about camping in Idaho on Mother's Day weekend, no campgrounds were open. No campgrounds in Idaho opened until May 30. Forest Service, State Parks, all closed.

Maybe they were letting their mom know, along the route (perhaps over two days) where they were. That would be a common practice for the mother of a 16 year old away on a camping trip and on the road (and a 20 year old too - and my kids still text when they leave and when they get home).

So it's possible the girls became more and more alarmed by Sunday afternoon. For all we know they were eventually on the phone with police (once the neighbor had told police all she knew, surely the police would want to talk to the people who asked the neighbor to check and to call?)

I thought they flew home. iirc...moo no link - same as you.

That's interesting, so it sounds like non-residents of Idaho weren't permitted to go camping, etc .... and surely the self-isolation time would be the duration of their stay, so why bother going there to camp .... that's puzzling. MOO
Perhaps they were camping at a private residence that has lots of land...(I.e. A ranch))
Or perhaps it was a commercial campsite...
As opposed to a government run campground?

While on a road trip in AZ during the height of COVID...
We (husband, pup, and I) saw such campgrounds as KOA's open for guests...
Though the Grand Canyon National Park was completely closed off...
Road and all...
Just some thoughts...

She started her bike ride around 4:30 and it was approaching 6:00 when they reported her missing? Either Suzanne goes on very short bike rides (avid cyclist?) or something is not right. If I left for a ride at 4:30 and wasn't back by 6, my friends and family would be calling and reporting me missing 5 or 6 days of the week. If BM wasn't there (he said he got home around 9 PM) and no one saw her go out for a ride where does 4:30 come from? Is that from Tyson Draper video where BM says 4:30 or thereabouts?
I was under the impression SM usually went on bike rides in the MORNINGS on Sundays....
At least this is what I heard from the Volunteer FF chief (?)...

JMO...

Speculation of course, but some are making the assumption that he was cheating on her...however I believe she outgrew him.
Not to insinuate that SM was cheating. In fact, I would think quite the opposite. At this age, many women are figuring out exactly what they want out of life. And a husband can be quite disturbed to find that he isn't part of that equation. From my own experience only, nothing bothers a manly man more than thinking he isn't needed/wanted. Again, another gross generalization from the cat! IMO ONLY, nothing I have stated is to be represented as fact, speculation ONLY.

I believe you are confusing TD's videos. In the first, he demonstrated his theory that SM crashed into a sign and then went into the S. Arkansas River. In his second video, he claimed to have located the exact spot where the bike was found, below Hwy 50 and east of the intersection with CR 225. In his third video he met BM, who showed him the correct spot where the bicycle was found. In his fourth video, he was back in Salida in front of WalMart, and had just seen BM and his mother going into the store.
So, in the third video TD started filming himself at the CR 225 bridge over Fooses Creek. I use the elevation tool on Google Earth Pro, so I can state that at that point, he was at 8835 ft above sea level. TD restated his theory that SM hit a bridge on her bike, and points to a sign that is bent over at that bridge, saying he thinks she smacked into that one. TD walks on down the road, saying he hopes to meet BM, and suddenly BM appears. They are standing then at 8855 ft. BM tells him to put the camera away and says: "I'll show you", and starts walking. They round the corner of the "Y" to the right and BM stops. He says this is the spot where he thinks SM was abducted. They were at 8856 ft elevation. BM moves about five feet further to the right (which at that point of the video was BM's left, he points into the trees and says the bike was found "back there, in front of that tree" which on Google Earth is fifteen feet north of where they were standing. The base of that tree is 8861 ft elevation. On the Google Earth map below, CR 225 appears to disappear under and behind a hill. There is actually higher ground, not lower, north of CR 225 and south of Fooses Creek. The house marked "8940 CR 225" is at 8924 ft elevation. IMO

Map produced entirely in Google Earth with no editing.
I’m not confused about the video I watched. It was the interview with BM. In the interview with TD, he first says, “Let me tell you what happened”. He is walking on the road and has higher ground to his left and lower ground to the right. He interjects that there is a reward. At about 6:32 in the video he stops, points downward to the right side of the road and says, “The bike was found down the bottom of the hill by that tree where the (unclear) is.” From the point where they were standing, I believe it was clearly downhill where the bike was found.
He then goes on to talk about the mountain lion.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member