Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That statement would be ironic if it wasn’t so sick and twisted! The only person BM is concerned with “saving” is himself. And maybe that was the “slip of the tongue, that reveals why he had to do it. To save himself, whether financially or socially. It has nothing to do with religion and saving some hapless soul. Barry needed to “save face.”
Oh my, yes. He was "saved", he got all the assets for himself. At first I thought he meant in a religious sense,but that doesn't make sense. But then I thought maybe he was saying something like steering a bike more carefully, bringing pepper spray for aggressive pumas, it doesn't make sense except in slip of the tongue, that HE was saved by her disappearance. Actually it reminds me of Watts claiming that Shan'ann forgave him as he murdered her.

I think it might be a reference to Barry’s firefighter buddies who were on the scene when the bike was found. As far as I understand, the 400 tours guy is a different guy.
No, it's GD his veteran buddy, not a firefighter. He's more specific in his TD video as to who he got the bike info from.

He lives four minutes from the Morphew home and Barry called him on the drive back from Denver :)

But would LE allow a civilian to be in the middle of a search? According to Barry he's an expert, but still ...

Nope. I'm not buying that for a second.
Every person, every action, every detail must be carefully documented.
Unless buddy was a member of the CCSO or the CBI or local SAR, there's no way the CCSO let him into the search parameters that night.

jmo

Someone mentioned this a while back and I think it bears repeating, that this was his list of items LE might find.
Because they were intentionally planted, to be found.
According to store manager, "he went to write down a description of maybe what she was wearing,”

I'm just glad we finally have MSM link to post the NOTE!!

Cases w. Remains Placed in Cooler. Then Water.
I guess that’s a possibility! I could definitely see someone using a large ice chest to transport a body. JMO
ETA: I remember the case of Anne Marie Fahey. She was placed in an ice chest and dumped in the ocean. The ice chest eventually surfaced, but she never did :(
@Gigi3 Yes, that was one case w. victim's remains put into a big cooler after 1996 death. Thomas Capano - Wikipedia = the perp, who was convicted in 1998 of M-1.

Other case: GF-victim was Laura Ackerson, was killed in 2011 and dismembered and placed in coolers, transported by car from NC to TX, by Grant Hayes, aka Grant Haze w. help from his wife. They placed remains in water (a pond?).
Laura Jean Ackerson (1984 - 2011) - Defrosting Cold Cases Author Diane Fanning wrote a book Bitter Remains, about the case. Threads here on Websleuths covered this too.

Can't think of names for other cooler-cases atm.

Waiting for our legal eagles to comment on this. I don’t think Barry did himself any favors by talking to Lauren. I cannot imagine his attorney would want him to mention the inconsistencies in his conversation with LE. Do you think he went against his attorney’s advice here? Is he so arrogant that he believes he can Barrysplain his way out of this? It sure doesn’t sound like LE has cleared him.

How could his buddy (the one with 400 Iraq tours?) be at the bike scene at the time le found the bike?
I have always thought that was the case....Barry called a neighbor but also called his buddy and set a search in motion, one he directed. Who knows, that may have been the second tip to LE that day that something wasn't kosher, hence the apparent quick crackdown....
He lives four minutes from the Morphew home and Barry called him on the drive back from Denver :)

But would LE allow a civilian to be in the middle of a search? According to Barry he's an expert, but still ...

What choice did LE have, it was already underway...it was Barry leading them to the planted evidence...listen to the TD video...Barry not only says "we" had our vehicles over here and makes a sweeping gesture to the opposite side of the road "but they"...the Sherriff parked here and let others" as he pointed to the side of the road he was standing on during the interview.

Last edited:
Yes. Thank you for sharing this. I noticed that the photos which the Moorman family provided to the media did not include BM. Is it just me or do the words and images make it seem like the Moorsmans are distancing themselves from BM right now?

[My heart broke listening to Gene's voice and thinking how horrible this must be for him as a father....]
SM tweeted this in 2015 after a happy visit with her Dad.

https://twitter.com/srmorphew/status/594157646799904770?s=21

Until he just opened his mouth we didn’t know there was any kind of discrepancy which involved the Bobcat.

You're so right. .....Wow. I mean, there were suspicions but there was nothing explicitly stated about what LE has been pursuing. BM just made it clear that the "bobcat misunderstanding" is important to LE.

Yes. But: pivot to bike scene injustice. That seems to be the strategy BM is pursuing and I wonder if it's an actual legal strategy as well--to try and claim the bike scene was messed up by LE? I'm sure LE is prepared for this but I also wonder which witness statements are the most important right now in understanding how the bike staging happening or took place?
Pretty sure LE can exclude their own fingerprints from the bike, IF that’s even the case. It’s the only thing he has to latch on to. To my way of thinking, Barry planted the bike there in the first place; so how much of a negative impact does it really have on the investigation?

I think you might be right. That would explain the discrepancies in his timeline.
He's trying to explain away the reason LE searched his jobsite. He lied about being there at a very strange time and likely even why he was there. I'll bet my Gucci shoes, it was at least part of the reason LE obtained the search warrant and dug up the concrete.

snipped:
“This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry explained. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”
WTH does this mean? That Suzanne would gladly be kidnapped and possibly murdered if it "saved" a lost soul??? Wow. Just wow.
Wow is right! I’ve bolded all the words that really bother me. The way he describes her disappearance twice as merely “this thing” and then follows with “but I”. Everything is about him! It’s sickening. MOO
Yea, I’m having a little trouble with that statement, as well.
I really have no words for that statement.
I totally agree! I have no words for that statement either. Utterly bizarre! MOO

I guess I’ve never heard anyone say “I did a mechanical thing to something”. Why the lack of specificity? Very odd, MOO.

BBM:

Lack of specificity was one of the things I was keeping an eye out for in that interview.

BM made a few vague references to "things" in that interview:

The mechanical "thing" he did to the bobcat.
The Sheriff's department screwed this whole "thing" up.
This "thing" that happened to SM, which is "just" a tragedy.

"Things" aren't adding up.

JMO.

Pretty sure LE can exclude their own fingerprints from the bike, IF that’s even the case. It’s the only thing he has to latch on to. To my way of thinking, Barry planted the bike there in the first place; so how much of a negative impact does it really have on the investigation?
It likely has no impact on the investigation because LE already knew something was “off” that night. However, if BM planted the bike, he probably wiped it down. Only being able to find the prints of LE will help BM’s defense team try to raise reasonable doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member