Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably his most honest statement yet. I am confident there are several ounces.

Yes. Would love to know what he really meant. Surely he knows LE wouldn’t share their knowledge with him, unless he had been cleared.

I can think of a few possible meanings.

1. No evidence at all, because there’s no crime. (Mountain lion)
2. Evidence exists, but not against him. (Evidence found is against someone else)
3. Evidence - not yet found or disclosed, exists against him. (He thinks they aren’t looking where he knows the evidence actually is)

IMO

Yes. Would love to know what he really meant. Surely he knows LE wouldn’t share their knowledge with him, unless he had been cleared.

2. Evidence exists, but not against him. (Evidence found is against someone else)
3. Evidence - not yet found or disclosed, exists against him. (He thinks they aren’t looking where he knows the evidence actually is)

IMO

I think he’s just lieing as usual. And innocent people don’t say that the police have zero evidence against them as it implies that there is evidence that would incriminate them.

I think he’s just lieing as usual. And innocent people don’t say that the police have zero evidence against them as it implies that there is evidence that would incriminate them.
Bouncing off of this, does anyone recall a statement at any time, where he said "I didn't do it" or "I am innocent"? Possible I missed it. MOO.

Reasons why someone doesn't want to show their face or have their voice recorded:

- insecure
- afraid of being recognized

That's all I have. Anyone else?

Those work.

How about.....
-good at pulling the wool over people's eyes in a one-on-one situation but not with the masses and not with experienced LE officers where there are plenty of people that have experience with liars and can easily spot when being lied to.

Last edited:
Bouncing off of this, does anyone recall a statement at any time, where he said "I didn't do it" or "I am innocent"? Possible I missed it. MOO.
I have never heard him say he was innocent but then again no one has just came out and asked him if he caused her disappearance that I am aware of either. Maybe someone needs to do just that and see what his reaction is we need a reporter or someone that can get another interview to just flat out ask him if he is responsible in any way for her disappearance.

He seems to be sticking to his story that he doesn’t know that it’s foul play, so there’s nothing for him to be guilty of.

'There is nothing that I am hiding. I have given three – 30 hours of testimony to the FBI and the CBI [Colorado Bureau of Investigation]. I've answered every question. Every single question,' he stated.

On my phone and don’t know how to snip or bold. But in reply to the GPS data, I would think LE would do searches on the QT and we wouldn’t necessarily know. If anyone has any insight into that I’d love to hear it.
For the most part, LE is happy to do searches on the QT, (except for active missing persons, of course). This enables them to do their work without interruption and helps prevent evidence from being destroyed or compromised. It is usually their presence that draws the attention and draws the media. Look at the Salida job site search. LE certainly didn’t announce they were going to do a search there, but a half dozen or more black suv’s, crime scene vehicles, and people running around with FBI on the back of their jackets on a main road will draw attention whether they want it or not. The day LE blocked off 240, everyone presumed they were protecting the home where BM was saying. However, AM stated BM was staying at the home almost behind his. So, for all we know there was a search going on up around the Firecamp somewhere. When questioned by a reporter, the officer blocking the road said he didn’t know why he was blocking the road. Yeah, right.

For the most part, LE is happy to do searches on the QT, (except for active missing persons, of course). This enables them to do their work without interruption and helps prevent evidence from being destroyed or compromised. It is usually their presence that draws the attention and draws the media. Look at the Salida job site search. LE certainly didn’t announce they were going to do a search there, but a half dozen or more black suv’s, crime scene vehicles, and people running around with FBI on the back of their jackets on a main road will draw attention whether they want it or not. The day LE blocked off 240, everyone presumed they were protecting the home where BM was saying. However, AM stated BM was staying at the home almost behind his. So, for all we know there was a search going on up around the Firecamp somewhere. When questioned by a reporter, the officer blocking the road said he didn’t know why he was blocking the road. Yeah, right.
@OldCop would LE be able to do any GPS searches on the QT or does that require a search warrant?

IMO

May I add number 4?
4. BM is lying, and he knows he is.
Moo

Those work.

How about.....
-good at pulling the wool over people's eyes in a one-on-one situation but not with the masses and not with experienced LE officers where there are plenty of people that have experience with liars and can easily spot when being lied to.

I agree with you, he has been good at pulling the wool over people's eye for all his life. Lying is not second nature to him, it is his first nature. He's a user and he needs to have his ego fed throughout his waking hours to avoid discomfort. He's an expert liar, exaggerater.

Trouble is that he has finally gotten himself in a mess that exceeds his expertise.
Moo of course.

I’m hoping that the candlelight vigil for Suzanne this weekend, in Indiana, will draw more reporters and attention to her homicide investigation.

“Gee Barry, why did you not attend Suzanne’s vigil? Why were the girls not allowed to return to their relatives, their home state, all that they’ve ever known, their best friends, to light a candle of hope for their mother?”

Let’s hope that this weekend is the spark that sets this case alight and sends the perpetrator to the halls of justice.

(Or better yet, bring him in today to answer for his actions and inactions. Felony Friday, after all.)

I'm repeating myself, but he wants neither his voice nor his face out there. Don't know the reason, but IMO it's significant. MOO.
**And never has.

MOO:
1. BM decided TN was doing a phone interview.
2. BM wants/expects to be referred to as "the husband."
3. "It's too soon."
4. Doesn't stand by LE (just like Frazee) during the press conference.
5. He allows an email to be sent to their Church back home. Again a faceless voiceless communication.
6. Dictates to LS that the recording of their interview never be aired.
7. Bits and pieces are only allowed from the interview.
I could go on and on....

Yet he says "I'll do whatever it takes to get you back."

Last edited:
I just want to focus on this paragraph for a second:

This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry explained. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

First, this is the worst thing to happen to HIM. Not “us,” not “my family,” not “my daughters and I.”

When he says “...if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it,” I think he’s also talking about himself.

Basically, “I made a stupid mistake and my wife paid for it. Suzanne wouldn’t want me to go to prison for it though, because that would be a double tragedy.”

ETA Link

“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

Killer post, MG, they would say red flag on PE.

I’m hoping that the candlelight vigil for Suzanne this weekend, in Indiana, will draw more reporters and attention to her homicide investigation.

“Gee Barry, why did you not attend Suzanne’s vigil? Why were the girls not allowed to return to their relatives, their home state, all that they’ve ever known, their best friends, to light a candle of hope for their mother?”

Let’s hope that this weekend is the spark that sets this case alight and sends the perpetrator to the halls of justice.

(Or better yet, bring him in today to answer for his actions and inactions. Felony Friday, after all.)

Lauren did say that something is being planned for Salida. I wonder if anyone representing Suzanne will be there.

Thinking of Libby German's granddad, who is a similar sort of outdoors man. BM must have heard and seen him on Indiana TV, so MOO he has seen a quiet man's assertive role in loss.
Sure that BM's daughters' know how to drive a high school fundraiser, which is what basically is needed.
Just not doing it.
MOO poor people, people with basically nothing, no resources mount huge and moving campaigns to find their loved ones. Even if they are not successful they know in their hearts they did everything they could, even if their grief is still as bitter.

Last edited:
Too many to count. It’s the reason that families complain when their cases don’t get the kind of attention that other cases get. It brings forth witnesses, convinces people to step forward to do the right thing, generates tips, results in people checking their camera systems, and turns up the heat on law enforcement organizations that may be dragging their feet.

Look no further than the Vanessa Guillen case for an example of the latter.

The Profiling Evil guys touched on this, and how the public tends to help law enforcement solve crimes. Not by doing their work for them, but giving them the information they need.

This is why in just about every missing persons case ever, family members get in front of the camera.

Stauch, Berreth, Guillen, Tibbetts; the list goes on and on. This is unprecedented, at least when we’re talking about an innocent spouse.
Nailed it! Thanks again @MassGuy:)

IMVHO.

Last edited:
Lauren did say that something is being planned for Salida. I wonder if anyone representing Suzanne will be there.
Glad to hear this. Not just for her memory but to remind the perp, who's still walking around free, that locals will not forget this crime.
there will forever be a black cloud floating over perp's head.

RIP SM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member