Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not worried yet. Signs of a struggle are totally different from physical evidence in most respects. A suffocation, strangulation, or any sudden death may not show signs of a struggle if the person had no idea they were about to be attacked. Signs of a struggle might be an overturned table or chair, broken glass, etc. Physical evidence may be blood, fingerprints, saliva, semen, a fingernail, a computer, a cellphone, etc.
AM indicated that LE did remove evidence from the home. That’s why I’m not worried yet.
Oh this is good to know. Thanks. :)

May have been addressed here, I'm desperately trying to keep up today, aren’t we all! Andy said “He cannot sell the house for 7 years, or until Suzanne is found or found deceased.”

I know Andy isn’t a lawyer and he has probably been bought up to speed on what Barry has done legally, certainly not all the details as of yet. That said, under ‘guardianship’ the rules are different right? Barry could claim he needs money for anything, say it was for tuition, anything really, as to a reason he needs to sell. We all know Suzanne wouldn’t deny her daughters education. (implying it would be in her best interest also)
"Andy, an attorney based in Anderson, Indiana"

I’m not worried yet. Signs of a struggle are totally different from physical evidence in most respects. A suffocation, strangulation, or any sudden death may not show signs of a struggle if the person had no idea they were about to be attacked. Signs of a struggle might be an overturned table or chair, broken glass, etc. Physical evidence may be blood, fingerprints, saliva, semen, a fingernail, a computer, a cellphone, etc.
AM indicated that LE did remove evidence from the home. That’s why I’m not worried yet.
Thank you.

After learning all this today, I am truly even MORE sad for SM and her daughters.

The picture is becoming very clear as to what her life must have been like in the last years, and it is heartbreaking. MOO

Yeah & this is what has me concerned. He could have strangled her, taken her out of there and there’d be no evidence whatsoever to find.
If COD was strangulation BM still would have had to move the body. Hairs and DNA of SM could be found in the trunk of one of the cars. I dont know specifically but there are forensic tests which show whether certain samples are found pre or post mordem

And the smell of bleach.

I do wonder why Barry would move out of the house. What’s really the point of that? It’s got to be expensive. I feel like it means something. Is there something in the house that he would not want his daughters to find? During the two SWs, could LE turn the house upside down, search the girls’ rooms, every inch of it?

<modsnip> I thought OP had determined there was no mortgage on the Puma Path home? Or am I confused? TIA
I thought AM said she put it into the house in Colorado. Then he said BM couldn't sell the house for seven years because there would be a "freeze" on it. I do remember something being said about there being no mortgage but I don't remember the source. Maybe the rest of it was paid for with savings or from the sale of a business or another property? I don't think we know for sure. Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think BM moved because he wanted to -- that's his palace. However, I can't imagine his minor child wanting to be in that house without her mother. Not knowing where or what happened to my mom, I couldn't. I wouldn't.

Agreed. I think it’s most likely exactly that. Also this poor kid is known as “her”, the one with the missing mom & folks side eyeing her dad. New home, new school. I’m actually the least surprised about this bit of information. IMO

Last edited:
I do wonder why Barry would move out of the house. What’s really the point of that? It’s got to be expensive. I feel like it means something. Is there something in the house that he would not want his daughters to find? During the two SWs, could LE turn the house upside down, search the girls’ rooms, every inch of it?
I think the move is to keep up the facade for the girls.

I mean he’s got to keep them thinking that danger is lurking, especially around the place SM disappeared. MOO

I agree. I'd be extremely surprised if there was an accomplice. Maybe I'm naive, but how does anyone make that phone call (hey buddy, I have a huuuuuge favor to ask..... )? BM would have to be closely tied into a big-time criminal element to make a phone call like that, and i just don't see it.
Hoosier have you heard of Patrick Frazee in Kelsey Berreth’s murderer case also in Colorado?
A very willing accomplice who drove hundreds of miles from Idaho, on I believe 3 separate occasions to help and finally clean up blood spatter for him
Nothing will shock me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member