Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is good news I wasn't sure how that worked guess it will make LE job just a little bit harder having to secure warrants and wait for the information but at least they can still get the information they need.
Yeah, the one downside is that unless she was logged into Google, they won’t be able to get her search history without her phone.

I think that would have been very telling, as we could learn her mindset and what was going on at the time.

More on BM speaking out.

"I loved my wife." Yes, and many kill spouses they "love" especially if the spouse wanted to leave.

"She was the light of our lives." While girls might be forgiven for needing to attend some camping thing on MD because Covid was ruining all their school and personal events, a husband for whom his wife was very important would know to fill in that gap.
you know what kills me? he never says "i didnt do this" he says i know what people think and people dont know the truth. interesting that he never makes an outright denial

Last edited:
I do, too.

At this point, I'm beginning to think the reason we haven't seen an arrest yet is the DA.

There's no question in my mind that most, if not all, of the information coming out has been deliberately released by LE to these multiple outlets.

These are not unintentional leaks.
I think the purpose of LE allowing certain facts of the case to emerge may be twofold:

First and foremost, it puts a ton of pressure on BM.
At this point, it's more than obvious that he's the #1 suspect in SM's disappearance.
LE hasn't come out and said it, because they don't have to now.

Secondly, though, I think LE may be allowing this information to be shared with the public in order to put some pressure on the DA to move this case forward to a prosecution.
This IS an election year.
Sheriff Spezze is a smart man.

I think the DA may be the holdup.

JMO.
This makes me ill. Does everything today come down to politics?
So done with all of it
MOO

you know what kills me? he never says "i didnt do this" or "i could never hurt my wife" he says i know what people think and people dont know the truth. interesting that he never makes an outright denial

Like playing 21 questions with an evasive teen.

He does say he "never could hurt her," which then just begs the next question: "so it was a swift and merciful murder then?"

Suspect strangulation... very common when/if there is DV, which i am leaning towards. Not messy so less likely to lead to a obvious crime scene. But, bleach/chlorine smell... well, some bodily functions are lost at death or he really did d..m..... Sorry, can't type it out. :(

Agree, if DV is the reason that is a very likely scenario.

Like playing 21 questions with an evasive teen.

He does say he "never could hurt her," which then just begs the next question: "so it was a swift and merciful murder then?"
thank you for the correction, i must have missed it in my fury (and i corrected my post), but i think you make a great follow up point. Was she awake? did she know it was coming? context is everything

Yeah, the one downside is that unless she was logged into Google, they won’t be able to get her search history without her phone.

I think that would have been very telling, as we could learn her mindset and what was going on at the time.

My google searches are synchronized, so my searches appear on all of my devices. I have so many gmail accounts... It’s creepy when I log into my work laptop and start to google something and my iPad searches come up. But I do like my user experience so I allow all of it to happen. I know Siri and Alexa and everybody else are listening anyway, so I may as well put them to good use. I draw the line at uploading my DNA though (or allowing any family member to do so). I’m sure some distant cousin has already ruined that for me. Those of us with multiple Apple devices share data all over the place (like my iMessage). I wonder if the Morphews did this. I’m guessing there is a family phone plan too.

thank you for the correction, i must have missed it in my fury (and i corrected my post), but i think you make a great follow up point. Was she awake? did she know it was coming? context is everything
If we assume that the abrupt end to her conversation with her girlfriend is related to the timing of an attack, then SM was awake and almost certainly did not see it coming. I suppose it's possible that the internet router was disabled/unplugged which would have ended her online communication (assuming she was using wifi) and an argument ensued, but I don't think you cut the internet with an intent to just argue with a spouse (otherwise my DW would be constantly unplugging ours, LOL), MOO, JMO.

So...then it becomes interesting that he so easily is provoked to physical violence (not stoic, not self-contained) and then cries at the worksite, and then collapses on the ground during the search.

But more than that, it's such a contrast with the picture where he is looking out the hotel room door. Nothing self-contained about his expression there, IMO.

In what contexts would a 52 year old man from Indiana, who went to Purdue and owns a landscaping visit, learn this type of stoicism? Those expectations are generational - AM is just a bit older and doesn't seem so studied in his self-presentation. To me, BM was a very savvy user of social media and knew how to film his own video, which uses a contrived persona rather than an emotional appeal. He's equally capable of being all-out emotional, according to AM and to the man in Indiana who is giving interviews about him.

Anyway, men are not all socialized the same way. Part of what we're observing in the BM video is not just his own presentation of self - but his expectations of his audience. He puts on that face because he wants his audience to react a certain way. It's not impenetrable at all, it's a studied attempt to look very concerned (forehead furrows).
There is always a bit of stereotype in very description of someone or a group...hence, the ongoing social conflicts of race, gender, and sex since millennium...imo, BM exhibits a lot of mainstream male personality traits--traits that my father, brother, and grandfather were socialized to have--he does not strike me as being a wimp attached to his mother's apron strings or a clever actor who should have gone into theater as a livelihood.

I have some concerns about the weather. Looks like Denver will get some snowfall next week. Is this the harbinger of weather to come towards the end of the month? And, will this effect Salida?
East Coaster here so no clue
And MOO.
If BM is arrested before the search, will that in any way change the dynamics of the planned search?

IMO, I don’t think so. Right now, I believe he wanted LE to know he was at that hotel room. I don’t think there was any murder cleanup there.

Except, perhaps, of the person. Don't forget that murderers are often not in a good frame of mind and have many other issues.

Cleaning up one's own body can be complicated (think Lady MacBeth).

I have some concerns about the weather. Looks like Denver will get some snowfall next week. Is this the harbinger of weather to come towards the end of the month? And, will this effect Salida?
East Coaster here so no clue
And MOO.
20 year resident of Colorado Springs here. Our first snowfall is typically around the end of October. It’s kind of crazy that we are expecting a 50 degree drop in temperature but not unheard of. When it’s been this warm snow won’t stick around very long because the ground is so warm. Looks like we will be back up in the 80’s in a few days. IMO this is not a major event.

Attachments

• A50138AA-B79F-4ABA-BCA1-13C06653BE10.jpeg
    A50138AA-B79F-4ABA-BCA1-13C06653BE10.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics