Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be looking more at the huge medium-security facility that's basically just down the road in Buena Vista. They're much more likely to have recently released people.
You guys... Canon City is really not that bad...yes you are surrounded by prisons but it is also a tourist attraction. People there and in surrounding area know when people are released and they know to watch their backs. I stayed there for a few weeks right across the street from the prison. It was the most peaceful place honestly...well minus the alarm in the morning that tells the inmates to go inside. I doubt some crazed ex con got out went to a highend area and decided to attack a woman on Mother's day... Just my opinion

Upon further thought - & to contradict myself, lol: I'm not sure it's relevant WHY the daughters went to Idaho per se as much as how it came to be that they'd both be gone mother's day weekend, while BM was also away...thus leaving SM alone

Sounds premeditated & calculated to me & like to know what/who/why etc this camping trip came to be on that particular weekend....
JMO

It's very very convenient they were all away.
I feel so badly for those girls. My worst nightmare.

Even with restrictions put in place like "recreating 10 miles from home" in Colorado's "safer at home," not everyone complies with it. I am not saying this to shame, in any way, shape or form, these girls. It just is a fact - I am in several national park groups on FB, for instance, where people have posted about going camping and traveling out of their own states that have been in various stages of lockdown. Perhaps the girls had planned this camping trip awhile ago and no one wanted to cancel? A lot of people are prioritizing outdoor recreation activities rather than being indoors because they feel it is safer (virus-wise).

I would be interested though when the trip was booked, when they left, when they were to come home, etc.

Also Idaho can be stunningly beautiful! I am not surprised at wanting to camp there in general. CO is also stunning but if it's where you live, you may want to venture out to new grounds IMO.

Did anyone else find it interesting that the cell phone carrier was never listed/utilized as an agency helping with the search? And what does that tell us?

It makes sense since if SM’s phone was at home, and MSM has said BM has handed his phone over to LE. Also if the LE were able to access all of information (texts, calls, locations) off the phones. I had still assumed that they would be needed for targeted searches and such.

sorry, my brains not helping me convey thoughts right now. :)

Nah, I don't find it odd. I've never seen a carrier mentioned this early in public statements, even when LE had already been working with them. They're just considered witnesses and we likely won't see them mentioned unless or until this goes to trial.

The neighbor's path from her house to Morphew house would not go anywhere near the bridges where the bike is reported to have been found, and the neighbor could easily walk it. The houses are about 100 yards apart.

The bike was almost 2/3 a mile from her home in a completely different direction

The neighbor, if identified correctly in the DM article, is across the S Arkansas River, although it isn't a huge waterway. She'd have to walk down from her house to the river (it appears from the subdivision map that the back side lot boundaries of the lots that adjoin the river in this subdivision are the centerline of the river), cross the water, and then walk up a hill to the Morphew house.

Fairly easy to do, but a little bit of a hike. However, if the neighbor chose to drive to the Morphew house, then she would have driven over a bridge across the S Arkansas River and one over Fooses Creek to get to Puma Path and the Morphew driveway and house. Both bridges are probably fairly small as waterway crossings go; the Fooses Creek crossing might even just be a large concrete culvert with the road over it.

I understand what your saying. IF the girls spoke to their Dad and were going to have a neighbor call 911, I would think the Dad would drive home to check on her before anyone called 911. There’s a reason why the girls were concerned enough to involve LE. I want to know if they actually spoke to him? MOO

Good point. I do find it a bit odd if, in fact, it was the daughters who prompted the call to police. JMO, but I agree that the first call from the daughters would normally be to the dad. Was BM not available? Did he not share their level of concern? Did he tell them to check with the neighbor? Was he also concerned and hustling back home, worried, and asked them to call? I'd love to know the answer to that.

You guys... Canon City is really not that bad...yes you are surrounded by prisons but it is also a tourist attraction. People there and in surrounding area know when people are released and they know to watch their backs. I stayed there for a few weeks right across the street from the prison. It was the most peaceful place honestly...well minus the alarm in the morning that tells the inmates to go inside. I doubt some crazed ex con got out went to a highend area and decided to attack a woman on Mother's day... Just my opinion

I also think that's a super unlikely scenario in general, but I was talking about the prison in Buena Vista, not Canon City. They're more likely to have released people recently, and it is much closer to Maysville.

<modsnip: casting aspersions at family is not allowed>

I started and maintained a whole thread on Colorado Wildfires here—posting for reference in case:

Here’s 2018, which iirc I carried over to 2019 possibly, or maybe did an earlier thread too (can’t remember because I was also very active with the California Wildfire threads):

Colorado Wildfires 2018 *Arrest*

Last edited by a moderator:
A firefighter training trip over Mother's Day weekend and with Covid going on? I just can't buy it. Seems like it would be easy enough to check out though, so I don't know.
I said that in the first thread. NO ONE is training these days. I think it was removed as it should have been that early in the investigation.

I was just speculating on where they might've stayed. It was still pretty cold out at night for camping and think they would've probably been more likely to be staying in a cabin or resort instead of a tent.

JMO
Possibly church related? So therefore pre-planned? I just don't know for sure that campgrounds or cabin sites are open and operational at the current time. Possibly even a private group of friends and a private cabin. IMO

Just thinking about the girls being gone camping on Mother's Day--I can totally see a situation where an opportunity came up that the girls could go camping with friends after a long time in quarantine, and it happened to be over Mother's Day weekend (when maybe some things were opening up more?). I, as a mom of 3 kids, can understand saying, "That's fine, sweetie, you guys go on and enjoy your weekend. It's just another day/we can celebrate on a later date/it's not a problem." In these strange Covid-19 quarantine times, I can see that even more, especially if the daughters were doing stay-at-home elsewhere anyway. MOO

I said that in the first thread. NO ONE is training these days. I think it was removed as it should have been that early in the investigation.

Just from another perspective ... obviously fire fighters are having to attend fires regardless of a global Covid crisis. Maybe training on how to deal with fire fighting in a Covid situation?

I keep reading the surveillance cameras being turned off or not working being mentioned and I’ve gone back but can’t find if it was specified what kind they have. I was wondering if it’s an ADT type or a Ring type? I know from my own experience, the Ring can be wonky, at least it is for me. Our doorbell one works perfectly all the time...our garage floodlight cam is hit or miss. It’s further away from our router and has a tendency to go offline...a lot. Even with WiFi extenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487