Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The staging takes time and an overview of the situation, if that's is the case. Either it is someone from the area, or someone who made himself familiar with the area in order to do this.

BBM:

From the very beginning, I've been openly dubious about the Sunday bike ride story.

I'm firmly in the camp that the bike ride was a complete fiction.

The purpose of staging is usually misdirection.

"Look over there, not here."

I can't think of a reason for a stranger to stage a disappearance during a bike ride, can anyone else?

JMO.

Last edited:
If SM is not alive (obviously I am NOT hoping for that outcome!) what are the odds that her body will be found?

Just curious as I am still new to following missing persons cases.

ETA: If this type of question isn’t allowed, I sincerely apologize! Please don’t put me in time out.

That type of question is allowed! I honestly couldn't answer that though, some people are found fairly soon others are never found.

With your comment in mind, it seems reasonable to conclude that there wasn't any scent to track otherwise the tracking dogs would have had hit upon SM's scent. Why wouldn't there be any scent one wonders, it is not that the scent had days to dissipate?

It is my understanding that in wooded areas, the type of dogs that search for living people almost always have "hits" that turn out to be something else, so I would find it highly unlikely that they found nothing. Usually it takes days, and possibly return trips, to sort out the "hits". Obviously, they didn't find a foot trail leading out of the immediate area, or they surely would have followed it. IMO

Way upthread, it was reported that Suzanne was last seen on the 9th. Is that correct, anyone remember who said that, whether it was official?
Last heard from on the 9th. It was in the DM article yesterday.

"Suzanne, 49, has not been heard from since May 9. A bike owned by the mother-of-two was recovered from a bridge close to her home on May 10, according to local sources – the same day she was reported missing." Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

BBM:

From the very beginning, I was dubious about the Sunday bike ride story.

I can't think of a reason for a stranger to stage a disappearance during a bike ride, can anyone else?

JMO.
so glad your back
:):):)

moo

BBM:

JMO.
Nope

BBM:

JMO.

But staging a bike ride which makes it look like as if she was grabbed during a bike ride would be indeed. Then again if there was a crime scene within the house, we would have known by now right? So where is the acutal crime scene? Where the mysterious personal belonging was found?

If I say this wrong or somehow violate the TOS someone please advise as this is my second attempt - wouldn't it be possible for a person to use an alibi of being two hours away because he/she, for example, is attending a weekend training session, educational seminar, wedding...it doesn't really matter what. Leave his/her phone at that location and travel back to his/her home location, commit a crime back home, then return back to the location two hours away....virtually undetected by either traveling at night, using a rental car, or using a stolen car. Let's say the crime was either theft of property or perhaps another much more serious felony. The distance between the home location and the location two hours away would seem to allow for the disposal of evidence of any kind along the way.
Great points and I think you're on to something.

Anyone could plan this scenario including but not limited to a random stalker or employee.
I am certain LE have been working on this !
Sheriff Spezze's face and words in the presser spoke volumes to me.
As well as no 'be on the lookout for random abductors'.
Why not say that, to warn the public ?
LE have been tight-lipped; but that doesn't mean they're not making progress.
I think they're making a ton of progress.
Imo.

But staging a bike ride which makes it look like as if she was grabbed during a bike ride would be indeed. Then again if there was a crime scene within the house, we would have known by now right? So where is the acutal crime scene? Where the mysterious personal belonging was found?
I think the crime scene is the house, which is why it’s sealed off, and CSI has been there.

I think there is a very good reason that house is being searched.

Also, if it were a stranger abduction, then no staging would be needed because he would in fact be a stranger. MOO

I mentioned this earlier but it is extremely important. Law Enforcement (LE) doesn't simply designate a warrant as sealed or not. In Colorado, LE has to show by clear and convincing evidence that unless the warrant is sealed there is a substantial risk of injury to persons or property.
BBM
Hmmmm............I wonder who that “person(s)” could be?Someone “close” to someone in the family that has provided pertinent information to further the investigation? MOO

BBM:

From the very beginning, I've been openly dubious about the Sunday bike ride story.

JMO.
Nope!

I mentioned this earlier but it is extremely important. Law Enforcement (LE) doesn't simply designate a warrant as sealed or not. In Colorado, LE has to show by clear and convincing evidence that unless the warrant is sealed there is a substantial risk of injury to persons or property.
Thanks @Chomsky -- and only a Judge reviews the affidavit and can make that decision, right? And Judge also decides if/when to unseal the warrant.

BBM:

JMO.
Staging (especially staging outside the home) is risky -- more likely you'll be seen. So you need a real motive to stage. Staging outside the home is not a stranger. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreeDumb11