Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. So why didn't he offer more?
I believe 100 000 $ is a lot of money to make people talk who are inclined to talk. It’s even 200 000 $ now.
IMO if someone offers an astronomical reward like a 1 000 000 $ that could make all sort of idiots crawl out the woodwork or could get him/herself in danger (of getting targeted too) in place of helping the cause. IMO if someone offers a reward for real or as a deflection it should be substantial but not over the top.

Hey everyone,

I do not think Suzanne's specific health issues are sourced in MSM. I believe they are from the husband's social media which is off limits unless officially named a suspect by LE.

If someone has an MSM source for the specific condition, please link it; otherwise it is off limits for now.

Thanks.
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

Suzanne, who had just received the all clear following a cancer diagnosis, has now been missing for at least nine days.

Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

A February post from a social media account believed to belong to Barry Morphew said that his wife had “beat cancer twice.” The Indiana-based source said that Suzanne’s cancer had returned around the time the family was preparing to move to Colorado in 2018, and that she “was not doing well” at that time. CrimeOnline cannot independently verify claims about Suzanne Morphew’s medical history.

Likely already answered but one of the DM articles did say she was last heard from on May 9th.
No indication who heard from her, or whether that was voice, text or carrier pigeon.
I don't think they are looking for a phone. It was mentioned a while back that she did not take her phone. That sounds like they probably found the phone at home.

RSBM
And that backfired IMO. It came across as pretentious and insincere. Marc Klass was a suspect in his daughters disappearance and he came out blasting, no waiting around "because it's too soon". He made himself available for every question/every PC/took a lie detector test , anything and everything that was asked... so the focus wouldn't be on him and they could find his loved one. He initiated a lot of the searching. Haven't seen anything by Barry, not one thing other than an evasive 27 second pitch where the body language totally contradicts the message. He could be speaking out now, but he's not.
Love your whole post, yep!

That photo/post was from May 9th last year.

Keep in mind that unless you are SM's friend on fb you are limited to seeing what is posted publically. She could well have posted anything this year but as friends only and the rest of us would never know. But the photo you're referring to was indeed from 2019.

Thank you for clarifying this. Curious how you identified the year of the photo? Very misleading on the part of DM to state it was from 2020 ... and extremely sloppy reporting even if inadvertent on their part. Not that that's a huge surprise...
If you look at her photos on her FB, you can see when she first posted it.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1141246651&lst=614781760:1141246651:1590344899&sk=photos
Got it. Thank you! Is there a possibility that it was reposted with the "Blessed" comment on May 9th of this year?

Barry Morphew is reportedly restless as the search for his missing wife Suzanne enters its third week, while police return for a third day of digging at a residential construction site in Colorado where he was paid to lay dirt.

On Sunday, the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the FBI will continue its third day of searching a Salida property on riverfront land, around 12 miles from the couple home, where Barry was paid to lay dirt before her disappearance.

Barry, 52, was not home the day Suzanne disappeared and relatives said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver.

'The last report I got from people is that [Barry] is having a difficult time sitting still, and pacing back and forth, constantly looking out the window, hoping he can see her,' Fire Chief Robert Bertram, 40, said to Fox21.

'He’s going out, driving up the road, and trying to remember any suspicious vehicles that he’s seen,' he added.

Husband of Suzanne Morphew is having a 'difficult time' as diggers continue construction site search | Daily Mail Online

I don't think they are looking for a phone. It was mentioned a while back that she did not take her phone. That sounds like they probably found the phone at home.

My response that you quoted was to answer someone's question about when SM was last heard from.

I have no idea if they're searching for her phone on that property.

I also don't recall anyone in MSM mentioning her not taking her phone with her the day she was reported missing, but it's entirely possible I've missed that.
This thread moves very fast and I've missed a few things here and there.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

Suzanne, who had just received the all clear following a cancer diagnosis, has now been missing for at least nine days.

Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

A February post from a social media account believed to belong to Barry Morphew said that his wife had “beat cancer twice.” The Indiana-based source said that Suzanne’s cancer had returned around the time the family was preparing to move to Colorado in 2018, and that she “was not doing well” at that time. CrimeOnline cannot independently verify claims about Suzanne Morphew’s medical history.

Then it's okay for discussion. Thanks indicolite :)

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> It was started by a family member as a fund to use for searching for SM... food, lodging, etc... for searchers. We have had no approved verification that BLM was involved with, was associated with or even knew about the fund and if he did know about it, we have no way to know when or how he found out about it. <modsnip>
I was not referring to BLM

What's a "tub grinder"?

From the google:

Tub grinders were first introduced for wood and green waste recycling applications in the early 80's. They were originally designed to recycle logging slash and lumber mill waste by reducing the waste wood into boiler fuel.

Morbark_1300_tub_Grinder.jpg

Edit: From the firecamp website:

Paul Janzen is the district forester serving Chaffee and Lake counties for the Colorado State Forest Service. Paul is the ‘idea man’ behind several of Kent's efforts.

The CSFS office in Salida owns a Vermeer wood chipper that can be towed behind a pick-up truck and handle logs up to 12 inches diameter. It works well for smaller thinning projects but is easily out-sized by agressive mitigation. A chipper that size is especially un-suited to the massive piles that accumulate before thought is given to slash disposal.

Paul said a ‘tub grinder’ was the machine really needed for the job.

Kent had no idea just what a grinder was, tub or otherwise. But before long, it became an obsession. Hundreds of e-mails followed, and four different Vermeer and Morbark grinders came to the county that fall.

During the summer of 2003, the fire district was awarded a $20,000 National Fire Plan Community Assistance grant for a 30-day tub grinder project. A second grant followed in 2004 for $29,700. In addition, the district signed a 5-year cooperative agreement with the Bureau of Land Management for continued work in ‘bio-mass utilization.’

Millionaire status is determined by total net worth, which includes property owned, minus all debts. Many people are millionaires on paper but may not have a lot of liquid cash flow at their disposal.
I totally agree. Just because a person owns several buildings, houses or businesses which have a combined net worth in de millions , that person is not necessarily having large sums of liquid cash laying around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member