CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you, me, and MayraMM could break it down to 3 parts and each of us transcribe it. Yes...I'm an MT too.

Do you guys just load the tape onto ExpressScribe and transcribe it from there?

ETA: Oooops! Just saw MayraMM's last post about this - heheh, never mind Mayra! LOL

Mine is all digital through the computer and Internet - haven't used tapes in over 10 years, lol.

Ugh, do you have the link? So frustrating when something comes up that I completely miss LOL!

I'm trying to catch up but I'm willing to look for the link later.

adding ~ thanks to the peeps who found the info in the comments section in TI's blog and linked it earlier.
Using TI's sysem, the trash removal won't officially be addressed until next September - lol!

The company I work for is on-line, pedal connected by USB to the computer.

We could split it three ways, to be fair. I just hate not having my shortcut keys! If we all have Word, we can split the time, transcribe using Word, then put it together as one document.

I find myself constantly screwing up posts all over the Internet by automatically trying to use my shortcut keys, lol.

OK, I'm down for doing some of the transcription. Right now, though, I have to do some training they thought up, so it's a good thing we got on this topic (deadline for the training is in like 2 hours!)

The hacker info is concerning. Who knows who or if you've pizzed someone off posting opinions that they don't want discussed.

Trust me woe.be.gone if you don't seek out and hang out with highly technical types you have no worries. Heck even if you DO you can claim "I am just a Windows using female!" and no techie would dare hack your identity (it is an honor thing, i used to hang out in some hacking related channels years ago and used that line more than once).

I have peeved off quite a few people online over the last 15 years, many from some pretty extreme circles, had lots of threats and yet have never had a hacker mess with me once. You are safe, especially on a site like websleuths.

The picture was posted to an internet forum. This story has screenshots of what happened next:
http://hypervocal.com/news/2012/4chan-busts-lettuce-stomping-burger-king-employee/

A lot of cell phones and digital cameras have a built-in GPS unit, and put GPS location info into the picture header. This is accurate to about 10 feet, and anyone can pop the coordinates into an online map and see where you were.

To turn this feature off, you need to look through the on-screen camera menus, or look in the instruction book. And it would make things safer to turn it off, if you are posting pictures online.

o/t ~ Thank you. I'm not but you may know that young women are disappearing as if into thin air left and right these days. There's a trail of 5'2" petite blonds who have gone missing throughout the southern states into Indiana/Ohio. There's a PI who thinks some of the cases are connected but the question is how is the perp picking or finding these girls. Social media is newish and should be considered imo.

We need an awareness campaign especially aimed at young beautiful vulnerable women.

Trust me woe.be.gone if you don't seek out and hang out with highly technical types you have no worries. Heck even if you DO you can claim "I am just a Windows using female!" and no techie would dare hack your identity (it is an honor thing, i used to hang out in some hacking related channels years ago and used that line more than once).

I have peeved off quite a few people online over the last 15 years, many from some pretty extreme circles, had lots of threats and yet have never had a hacker mess with me once. You are safe, especially on a site like websleuths.

I think someone connected me to my husband through our computers once. But I'll shut up now cuz I'm derailing the thread with o/t but interesting (imo) information.

OT but I had to share my 5 year old just passed his Tae Kwon Do test, I was scared to watch him as he broke boards with his hand and foot. Well now he is a yellow belt..

Sorry I had to share

The company I work for is on-line, pedal connected by USB to the computer.

We could split it three ways, to be fair. I just hate not having my shortcut keys! If we all have Word, we can split the time, transcribe using Word, then put it together as one document.

No, I'm online, too, as far as with work. But, to transcribe something online, can we just transfer it over to ExpressScribe and work from there? I have all my shortcuts on my computer so I'm okay with that. I'm with you - can't stand to type without them.

No, I'm online, too, as far as with work. But, to transcribe something online, can we just transfer it over to ExpressScribe and work from there? I have all my shortcuts on my computer so I'm okay with that. I'm with you - can't stand to type without them.

I don't think I'm being very clear. In order to have use of a foot pedal, putting the interview on a program like ExpressScribe (free) would give us that ability, rather than working right off Trica's site, which for me would be very difficult.

I may or may not have a HUGE list of things around the house that need to get done... *shifty eyes*

When I joined ws to follow the Mickey Shunick case some of the first posts I read were about faking housework and really quick dinners that would make your family think you were not on the computer all the time.
I should have taken notes!!!

OT but I had to share my 5 year old just passed his Tae Kwon Do test, I was scared to watch him as he broke boards with his hand and foot. Well now he is a yellow belt..

Sorry I had to share

Yay!!!!!!!!!!'m:rocker:

I have a question for anyone who knows about guns with the scopes on them. Steve saw the pinpoint red lights at times, and guns can have those. Can a person see across the way with one and even be able to look into a window at night? I'm wondering if the stalker had that instead of night vision goggles or telescope. Also, we had a window peeper several times back when a neighbor would have been a teen. He had guns and recently told me caught someone looking over his fence while out at night practicing his aim . He saw the person with his gun. Then he mentioned red points of light scaring people. Well, now i suspect him of being the peeper and wonder if he can see across the alley into my windows by looking thru his gun.

It's probably because I work directly for a hospital, but I have to use a hospital-provided computer for my job and can't use it for personal use (HIPPA). Everything I do personal I will be doing from my own laptop, so no shortcuts. At my job we use Dictaphone/Enterprise and Microsoft Word. I've never heard of ExpressScribe. My plan was to just open the downloaded interview into my Windows Media Player and then transcribe it into Microsoft Word and save the Word file. I know that's a horribly time-consuming way to do it, not having a foot pedal or shortcuts, etc., but that's the only way I know how to do it on my own, lol.

*snips*
She never said she had not seen the results.she never alluded to nev3r having seen reports that is just not true in any capacity.theres no "gotcha" moment here regarding mom and her daughters autopsy testings.

I don't think there were any "mistruths" put out there. I even said in nearly every post that I wasn't sure and I was probably mistaken, which is why I called on others to "tell me I'm wrong". I don't think anyone, including myself, implied some sort of "gotcha."

I am trying very hard to remain neutral and compassionate, while also paying attention to facts as they are posted, presented, or brought up. It's VERY difficult to follow this story being that the format is slow and especially since most, and I do mean MOST, information seems to come out in the comment section.

So, my apologies to everyone if I am one who appears to be putting out "mistruths" and especially if I am coming across as callous or unsympathetic.

Speaking on the bra issue, we don't know what type of bra. I sleep in sports bras, they're just more comfortable for me.

I don't think I'm being very clear. In order to have use of a foot pedal, putting the interview on a program like ExpressScribe (free) would give us that ability, rather than working right off Trica's site, which for me would be very difficult.

Oooohhhh, can you tell me how/where I get this ExpressScribe? That would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member