CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another misreport:

https://www.facebook.com/RafaelSanchezNews/videos/2005672792806177/

“With $300, DN could bond out of the JoCo jail.” But mycase.in.gov indicates he has cash only bonds, as does the automated line for JoCo warrant checks. So he would need 3k to bond out. Not $300 IMO. That’s what a cash bond is.
Yes and one of his other warrants has a $1000 cash bond no surety, so even if he bailed out one of the other counties would just re-arrest him.

Here is another misreport:

https://www.facebook.com/RafaelSanchezNews/videos/2005672792806177/

“With $300, DN could bond out of the JoCo jail.” But mycase.in.gov indicates he has cash only bonds, as does the automated line for JoCo warrant checks. So he would need 3k to bond out. Not $300 IMO. That’s what a cash bond is.

Yes I think people commonly confuse Bail, Bond, and cash
"Bail" may be by 'bond' or by 'cash only', under most circumstances, where bond is a surety to pay the balance by someone else or by collateral if the defendant should default.

(I think)

"While he was considered a “person of interest” in the Delphi investigation, Indiana State Police said they’re not actively investigating him right now."

Seems they've moved on from him. Another indication the DNA recovered from the scene may not belong to the killer. If LE knew for sure it did they'd be able to exclude. moo

Another tidbit from Rafael Sanchez, RTV6:

It's a one minute clip; I think the woman talking is connected to LE:
(snips)

Sanchez: He was extradited from Colorado to face a charge for failing to register as a sex offender while living in Greenwood.

Woman: He was transported on the warrant which was active here (talks about his other warrants) so that's pretty standard operating procedure.

https://twitter.com/RafaelOnTV/status/960554561986580481

I emailed 13 WTHR for a clarification regarding this statement: "Indiana State Police no longer consider Nations as an active suspect in the Delphi case."

The article has been updated as of 33 minutes ago; it now reads: "[FONT=&amp]Indiana State Police said in October 2017 Nations was "neither included nor excluded as a suspect in the investigation," and a spokesperson confirmed that remains the case now."

[/FONT]
Thank you 13 WTHR for your quick response.

https://www.wthr.com/article/former-person-of-interest-in-murders-of-delphi-teens-back-in-indiana

There are no witneses who have come forward and said he was in
Delphi, IN, that day, too.

"While he was considered a “person of interest” in the Delphi investigation, Indiana State Police said they’re not actively investigating him right now."

Ok I am thinking it may be best for us to wait till this media frenzy has died down so we know what exactly is happening.

What is Bledsoe County, Tennessee sayin' ?

*Initial Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - for Johnson County – IN – Daniel James Nations (31) – Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson Co: Failure to register as a sex offender. Level 6 Felony: It carries a penalty upon conviction of a fixed term between six (6) months and two and one half (2 1/2) years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00. Cash bail of $200 & surety of $1000.
There’s an active warrant for Daniel Nations’ arrest for failing to register as a sex offender in Johnson County.
Clear Creek County, Colorado - Review hearing (2/21) for outstanding warrant is for missing a court hearing for failure to appear charge stems from a July 18 arrest alleging he provided false identification to Georgetown police, a misdemeanor. Bond is set at $500; as a condition of his probation (from his plea deal, he must submit to a mental health examination and substance abuse screening and comply with treatment plans required by the custody case.

"Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
Plus in Indiana these are 2 separate cases which are extraditable: Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/17 (11/16/16) Marion County: Drug possession, paraphernalia, and driving without a license. Warrant/Writ issued 6/5/2017 & 10/18/17 (4/25/17) Bartholomew Co. (Greenwood City Court): Driving without a license and possession of drug paraphernalia.

The Colorado court link still shows his Review Hearing on 2/21 & on 3/1 for his children.

Judging by the above information, and what I know about the statutes and thresholds of similar cases here in Indiana, there's a strong possibility he may see no jail time. Many jails, and several prisons, here are overflowing, due to the drug epidemic here in the States. Indiana went through a major reform of its legal system within the last few years. A Level 6 might get him, at the very most, a fine and maybe a short jail sentence. Many Level 6 convictions here are resulting in local jail time, or even in some cases house arrest/ankle monitor.

The possession/paraphernalia may get thrown out, it's happening all the time these days, despite Indiana's prohibition of cannabis/marijuana. Driving w/o a license might result in a fine.

MOO

There are no witneses who have come forward and said he was in
Delphi, IN, that day, too.

I don't know: if or not. And I don't know who may be his friend in Lafayette. But I would like to know. Initials?

KN seems to be relaxed as always and only changed her profile pic.

Seems they've moved on from him. Another indication the DNA recovered from the scene may not belong to the killer. If LE knew for sure it did they'd be able to exclude. moo

IMO they learned most of what they were looking for out in Colorado (which ended up being nothing that would make him a suspect). If the Subpoena was for his phone records, they apparently didn't turn up anything, either.

I'm wondering if the girls' killer never touched them? I think there's a good chance he didn't cross the creek.

Judging by the above information, and what I know about the statutes and thresholds of similar cases here in Indiana, there's a strong possibility he may see no jail time. Many jails, and several prisons, here are overflowing, due to the drug epidemic here in the States. Indiana went through a major reform of its legal system within the last few years. A Level 6 might get him, at the very most, a fine and maybe a short jail sentence. Many Level 6 convictions here are resulting in local jail time, or even in some cases house arrest/ankle monitor.

The possession/paraphernalia may get thrown out, it's happening all the time these days, despite Indiana's prohibition of cannabis/marijuana. Driving w/o a license might result in a fine.

MOO

Same old, same old will happen - plea deal /mental health/ probation/ FTA/FTR etc till a judge gets fed up with it. However, as long as he is in jail while the investigations continue then that's fine by me. He has now been in jail for four months, which should have been enough time for LE to include or exclude him as a suspect, yet they still have done neither.

No surprise based on their statements and actions in recent months. He may not be 100% ruled out but, to get to that point, LE may have to expend more time and effort on him, something they apparently believe is not worth doing.

MOO

I sadly agree with you and just have a bad feeling he is going to be let go with a slap on wrist again.

We need a new law for people like him. 3 strikes of anything perverted or 3 times they dont register then mandatory prison time.

Is there any news about TW's murder? Has the case gone cold so soon...

moo

JMO
This is what really bothers me about TW case in Colorado.

LE found a gun in the car DN was known to be in and it matched the same caliber as what killed TW. So that means LE had to have gotten some evidence from either the victim or the scene to know the caliber.

So what were the results of any testing they did to see if that gun was used in the killing? Did they even do testing? Why did we not hear anything about this?

"The gun found in Nations car is also the same caliber as the one that killed Watkins according to investigators."

"....was found shot to death on the same trail and on the same weekend the menacing calls were made."

http://kdvr.com/2017/09/28/man-accu...-a-hatchet-might-be-linked-to-recent-murders/
I think it's possible there is a backlog and the testing on his gun has not even been completed yet. I know they have a Crime Gun lab and Metro Crime Lab also does firearm testing but I don't believe either have a large staff and there has been a lot of gun crime in Colorado Springs. And even if they told us that the ballistics was not a match we don't know if that .22 he was arrested with in late Sept is the same gun they had in mid Sept.

I think it's possible there is a backlog and the testing on his gun has not even been completed yet. I know they have a Crime Gun lab and Metro Crime Lab also does firearm testing but I don't believe either have a large staff and there has been a lot of gun crime in Colorado Springs. And even if they told us that the ballistics was not a match we don't know if that .22 he was arrested with in late Sept is the same gun they had in mid Sept.

The backlog isn't that long. They've solved local several gun crimes using the labs in a shorter period of time.

On the .22. If he was using hollowpoints the bullet may have fragmented and might be too small or deformed to used as evidence.

Everything points to them not being able to tie the DN gun to the crime.

Of course the million dollar question is "what is similar to Delphi and why is the gag order still in place" ?

I think Anna Williams might disagree with you just a little bit because she was at the JoCo courthouse with Rafael Sanchez. To me, that shows interest.

I sadly agree with you and just have a bad feeling he is going to be let go with a slap on wrist again.

We need a new law for people like him. 3 strikes of anything perverted or 3 times they dont register then mandatory prison time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr