Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was 20 years old. The divorce custody arrangement covers minor children. The dad wouldn't have had to stipulate to his adult son leaving the state to go to college. Also I don't know that AL did very well in college. We have no idea how he did other than that he did fine in a few classes and dropped a few other classes he was not doing well in. We have no idea what his emotional, physical or psychological state was at all. He could have been miserable. He certainly stopped going.

I think if AL knew about a plan to place into a group home, yeah, that would be a really good motive for him to explode in an out of control rage

Our brother is schizo-affective and when he no longer could live independantly in his apartment, we had to place into the custody of the mental health system and a group home

His reaction was not violent, but it was very phsical with shoving, pushing his family..

His case manager was physically pushed as well and our brother would not answer his calls or open the apt door when he came over

Fortunately, everything smoothed over and our brother has been happy in th egroup homes

The bottome line is, folks with emotionally disturbed personalities can react defiantly against changes, especially if it means moving to a new home

Havent had time to read the whole thread yet, but when my sons were young, the "goth type kids" I knew of never appeared to be violent types but that is just my experience.

I truly feel for AL's mom but why the guns?? I have a nephew, fairly high functioning adult with a form of autisism, thank God he is not exposed to guns. I hate guns but am not oppossed to normal people having them to hunt or a small pistol to protect themselves (tho I still wouldnt) but an assualt type gun and the others...I will never get it.... Nor do I think most would who are familiar/exposed to one's with this type of dx.

Something that has crossed my mind is, was she "trying" to "make him normal" in her mind, driving recently, checking colleges? While as a parent, I can empathize with a parent of a child with issues, I feel trying to force or make them act/do normal things is harmful to their physic Anyway, none of this may make sense to others.

I kind of feel his "triggers" may have been her discussing schools, trying to make his life "normal" like others, would think that would have been upseting to him as it was not was he was used to... he appeared to live in isolation. College would bring back tramua of reliving prior forced socialization that appreared to be uncomfortable to him by all written accounts. And an engineer, really, what could she have been thinking, not saying he didnt have the smarts but....

Anyway, just a rambling of my thoughts...and moo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/neighbor-helped-sandy-hook-students_n_2317775.html

I personally would find it odd if 12 ran from Ms. Soto's room, 6 were shot and 6 escaped- but who knows. But I've seen it confirmed multiple times that the 6 in the driveway were runners from Ms. Soto's room.

Mr Rosen was interviewed on FXN. He said several of the children described their teacher being shot. Rosen said one little boy said the man had a big gun and a little gun. The bus driver that was with them, saw them running down the road and took them to Rosen's driveway. Mr Rosen did not know how they escaped but I'm pretty sure he said Soto was their teacher.

Electronic magnetic doors that close at the flip of a switch from a central location. Where the switch is located would be a major factor as well a point of entry for an individual intent on doing harm. A foyer off the office that is locked off from the rest of the school is necessary. No one should be able to break through a door or just walk through. Not in this world!

Like in hospitals when a fire alarm goes off! The doors automatically close and lock!

YES!!!:great:

I read the article. Curious as to who might have offered this information to the father. I don't believe it because I know that type of locking system would not meet fire code. I think she panicked as anyone might or the gunman moved so fast she didn't have time to close the door. All she could do was try to protect the children. Did I hear the massacre took about 10 minutes if that long. Helter Skelter was at work in that school.

I think for NL her son though she loved him had become a terrible burden not only physically but emotionally. She had cared for him for 20 years and a lot of that time she was entirely alone. She and she alone dealt with him day and night. And I do think she could have easily been slipping down the rabbit hole. I believe her diagnosis with MS was the final straw. She knew her time was limited when she could care for him and she was torn as to what she was going to do.

I think the posts on FB about her travels, etc. were probably not true. I think she was trying to keep up an image of normalcy. Not really realizing how sick her son was I think she probably told him she had MS and he was smart enough to figure out it was a debilitating disease and he knew himself that his caretaker would soon not be able to take care of him and he certainly could not take care of her.

She may have even told him that soon he was going to have to go somewhere that he could be cared for because she would no longer be able do it. I think this was the spark that set him off in his rage. Why he did what he did at the school I can't fathom. Unless just his total rage. Just don't know. jmo

I read the article. Curious as to who might have offered this information to the father. I don't believe it because I know that type of locking system would not meet fire code. I think she panicked as anyone might or the gunman moved so fast she didn't have time to close the door. All she could do was try to protect the children. Did I hear the massacre took about 10 minutes if that long. Helter Skelter was at work in that school.

Yes it was quick because he had a semi automatic rifle. The police response was fast, at least.
Not sure what you mean by Helter Sketler or why you don't believe the father of the deceased teacher. respectfully.

This whole breakdown at school crud...
The killer would shut down and they had to call mama..

16 years ago there was a little girl in my daughters Kindergarten class that did the same.
I just don't get why no one ever called him out on it.
In my kids high school that would never fly.

Based on what we have heard about him, our school system would have not let him attend the high school with those problems anyway. or expelled him.

Yes in elementary school they had some kids like that.
To be quite honest, the elementary school had some special needs kids that were
well over high school age... but the mental function was not..

I just think he had them buggard!

A 7 year old in my granddaughters 2nd grade class had a meltdown the week before halloween. This occurred in the class, he used multiple profanities, threw over desks and ripped books to shreds. My granddaughter said the students had to be taken out of the room. As I understand he was suspended and is supposed to return after Christmas. We are taking my granddaughter out of that school and putting her in one closer to my home (she already attended the one near my home and there were no problems in the 2 years she was there). This kid could be another AL!

Another school employee was interviewed on FXN tonight. I did not catch the entire interview but she said that she did not have a key so the custodian locked her door from the outside.

Havent had time to read the whole thread yet, but when my sons were young, the "goth type kids" I knew of never appeared to be violent types but that is just my experience.

I truly feel for AL's mom but why the guns?? I have a nephew, fairly high functioning adult with a form of autisism, thank God he is not exposed to guns. I hate guns but am not oppossed to normal people having them to hunt or a small pistol to protect themselves (tho I still wouldnt) but an assualt type gun and the others...I will never get it.... Nor do I think most would who are familiar/exposed to one's with this type of dx.

Something that has crossed my mind is, was she "trying" to "make him normal" in her mind, driving recently, checking colleges? While as a parent, I can empathize with a parent of a child with issues, I feel trying to force or make them act/do normal things is harmful to their physic Anyway, none of this may make sense to others.

I kind of feel his "triggers" may have been her discussing schools, trying to make his life "normal" like others, would think that would have been upseting to him as it was not was he was used to... he appeared to live in isolation. College would bring back tramua of reliving prior forced socialization that appreared to be uncomfortable to him by all written accounts. And an engineer, really, what could she have been thinking, not saying he didnt have the smarts but....

Why the goth reference? In wading through the morass of media 'stories' that's one trope I haven't come across.

I don't know how anyone can even begin to figure out what Nancy Lanza felt, was doing, or was thinking. IMO

well according to Jessie Lewis father Jessie was one of the six that fled the closet and was killed along with Soto and another teacher.. so, not sure what the story is, but I certainly initially had posted about what a hero Soto was and what a miracle it was that the 13 students of Soto's had all survived and I was hailed with "get your facts straight that's whats important is for the facts to be straight"..

to which I was posted link after link and post after post telling me 6 of Soto's students died when fleeing.. along with then reading the first hand account of one of those dead students father, Jesse Lewis father and how much the dad wished his son had not run with the other 5, but rather stayed behind in the closet with 7 that survived in Soto's class..

so are we saying that Jesse Lewis father has been told a completely false and incorrect account of how his son died?..cuz that i find a difficult pill to swallow..

out of all of the reports I believe the father whose son is one of the six that fled from Sotos' closet and was killed when fleeing and dad goes into detail about that choice his son made to run that resulted in him being killed.. I suppose its just me but I believe the father of one of six children killed when they ran from Soto's closet to be the one I'd believe over any other report floating around..jmo, tho.

I had the same reaction- but now I'm wondering about Ms. Soto... why wasn't her room locked? She was a regular teacher, right? Are we sure this report is confirmed and not speculation?

I'm still catching up, apologies if this question has been posed.

I asked the same question. Argument isn't making sense to me. Were any of the doors locked. Maybe not enough time?? jdk

Smooth, I did see that report too- about wishing his son hadn't chose to flee. I can

Honestly, I think it's so early that a lot of things are getting confused and jumbled. Parents are hearing their child's story, at least. I think it might be some time before we have enough of the picture for the pieces to start fitting together easily. I don't think any of us can definitively say.

Mr Rosen was interviewed on FXN. He said several of the children described their teacher being shot. Rosen said one little boy said the man had a big gun and a little gun. The bus driver that was with them, saw them running down the road and took them to Rosen's driveway. Mr Rosen did not know how they escaped but I'm pretty sure he said Soto was their teacher.

I have seen an interview with the parents of one child who escaped. He was in Miss Soto's class. He was the last one to run out in the group of children, according to his parents. They saw gunman kill Miss Soto and took off running. They run past the gunman and made it out alive. These parents also had a girl in another class, and she is also alive. So children definitely run away after Miss Soto was killed and made it out alive.

A 7 year old in my granddaughters 2nd grade class had a meltdown the week before halloween. This occurred in the class, he used multiple profanities, threw over desks and ripped books to shreds. My granddaughter said the students had to be taken out of the room. As I understand he was suspended and is supposed to return after Christmas. We are taking my granddaughter out of that school and putting her in one closer to my home (she already attended the one near my home and there were no problems in the 2 years she was there). This kid could be another AL!

From all the media reports, AL never said anything to anyone. I don't see how the comparison is valid. Good luck finding a school without a kid with a behavioural problem in it though. I would think that changing schools constantly would be more upsetting than hearing a kid swear.

Why the goth reference? In wading through the morass of media 'stories' that's one trope I haven't come across.

I don't know how anyone can even begin to figure out what Nancy Lanza felt, was doing, or was thinking. IMO

I don't know. I thought goth was a thing of the past...?
The x goths are now into weird cartoon hats and comic characters... That is what I have gathered... like Asain cartoonish stuff???

IF NL traveled as much as her FB page said she did.
What did she do with AL?
Was he with her?
Stayed alone?

When was NL DX'd with MS???
MS hurts IIRC

Depends on whether it is progressive and how severe it is. I have MS but it is not relapse remitting and it is very stable and minor. It's different for everybody.

I asked the same question. Argument isn't making sense to me. Were any of the doors locked. Maybe not enough time?? jdk

Some of the doors were definitely locked, the gym teacher- the teacher who put her whole class in the bathroom and pulled a bookshelf in front of it. Those were first hand accounts.

I think some maybe didn't have time.

It could be true that she didn't have a key, or didn't know where it was, but it could also just be true that it's just understood that way so far- sometimes the way we understand things happened isn't exact, because we're piecing together tidbits. Unfortunately, she's not here to clarify :(

bbm
Mom appeared to have some denial or she saw the truth but was embarrassed or afraid to admit it to her friends and/or AXXX. Yes, she was trying very hard to make him "normal". She wanted him to fit in.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/16/us/connecticut-nancy-lanza-profile/index.html

:no: Nope! When my Newfie mix "blows" his coat I even get fur art!
It's awful...
BUT I ♥ my dogs... so I "deal".

I am the typical Aspie. My immediate family can get all up in my bubble...
but NOT a stranger.

Manicures and pedicures and massages FREAK me out!:blushing:
I had lots of school problems as a wee one.
All the teaches saying I was capable of "more".
I talked too much blah blah blah...

I was bored!!! They made me mad! I didn't want to try, because I felt like
they didn't like me.
I know how little Aspie's feel!!!

BUT once in Nursing school I was the first one to finish my exams!
It made my instructor furious!
She couldn't figure out how I did it!
I'll tell you how! (I studied 6-7 hours a night!)

ok rant off...

Still no excuse for the killer!

I thought 6 or 7 remained where she had hid them and survived, and 6 other kids got frightened and ran out of their hiding place and didn't survive....

Mrs Norris, you're correct. I just saw the news video on this...V Soto shielded her kids and they all died when they tried running down the hallway

...6-7 other children were hiding in her classroom and ran for safety when the shooter shot himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb