Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for saying that! I wanted to but...
Seems like the plumber had a history there...
even when Ryan lived there!

This man has been around a while and has seen "stuff"
IMO

maybe a boy friend??.......she showed him her gun IIRC........

sorry but unfortunately the truth of the matter is that the 6 that fled from her classroom closet died..

7 of them in closet lived..

The six that made it to Mr. Rosen were from Ms. Soto's class and made it out alive. I already provided a link. Here it is again. They saw the gunman kill Miss Soto and run past the gunman to safety.

"We can't go back to school," one little boy told Rosen. "Our teacher is dead. Mrs. Soto; we don't have a teacher."
http://www.pressherald.com/news/gra...s-a-haven-to-kids-who-escaped_2012-12-18.html

Thanks. I am wondering though, who made the claim.

One article stated that when he was ill he wouldn't let his mom into his room, but wanted her to stay outside his door all night. He kept asking "Are you still there?" all night. This young man was clearly mentally unhealthy.

Exactly. They need to grieve in private.

I'm so glad someone else said this...MEDIA Give the families their SPACE

The media needs to spend their time finding information why this happened, what happened in the Lanza family household, what kind of treatment/therapy did AL get, was AL going to be placed in a group home, what was on AL's computers, videocams?

do we have a blueprint or drawing of how the house maybe laid out?
Where was NL bedroom?
1st or 2nd floor?
She must not of been to afraid if she never locked her bedroom door.
Wonder if she slept with a gun loaded and ready by her bed?
like hand gun?
Did she have a locked gun safe?
Hope we learn more about this.
I really want to know how he was able to get the guns!

sorry but unfortunately the truth of the matter is that the 6 that fled from her classroom closet died..

and LE found the ones in the closet
7 closet
6 deceased
6 escaped?=
19 in Ms Soto's class?

WTH? The school system doesn't give subs a key? How many children would have been saved...arrggghh

I had the same reaction- but now I'm wondering about Ms. Soto... why wasn't her room locked? She was a regular teacher, right? Are we sure this report is confirmed and not speculation?

I'm still catching up, apologies if this question has been posed.

As for Miss Soto's class. I think when he burst in - she was trying to get everyone hidden. Some were already in the closet - others trying to to get in and a few in the back (I kinda think they might have been trying to get into the "cubbies"). He burst in - she tried to tell him her kids were in the gym - but some of the kids couldn't stay still - the closet door comes open - the last 6 in became the first 6 out - he kills them and Miss Soto and her aide (I think her name was Murphy). The six in the back were able to run and got out the door (these were the 6 that Mr. Rosen found). And later - the remaining 7 that were still in the closet were found in the closet.

JMHO

Thanks. I am wondering though, who made the claim.
A friend at the bar where she went to drink 2-3 times/week. It might have been the bar owners. See my previous link. The statement is in there.

They run out past the gunman after he already killed Ms. Soto. They were in fact in her class, and six of them made it out alive.

as i said unfortunately the above is wrong..

Lanza next arrived at teacher Victoria Soto's classroom. Soto is believed to have hidden her 6- and 7-year old students in a classroom closet. When Lanza demanded to know where the children were, Soto tried to divert him to the other end of the school by saying that her students were in the auditorium.

But six of Soto's students tried to flee. Lanza shot them, Soto and another teacher who was in the room. Later, in their search for survivors, police found the remaining seven of Soto's students still hiding in the closet. They told the police what had happened.
http://www.courant.com/news/connect...ewtown-shooting-1216-20121215,0,5058106.story

again there is also Jesse Lewis(1 of the 6 who fled the closet in Sotos class and was killed)..his father goes into detail about the six fleeing the closet and being killed..unfortunately they all 6 were murdered because I too believed at one point they all lived and was devastated when I learned they'd not..

It's been an area of confusion. If that's true, who are the 6 who showed up at the neighbor's house in his driveway? They specifically said their teacher was dead, so it has to be a pupil of one of the deceased.

eta- I saw that link too- the one that said they all died. But that was earlier than the new accounts of the 6 that who lived. And I'm pretty sure that interviews have named Soto as their teacher. I'll see if I can find a link.

The six that made it to Mr. Rosen were from Ms. Soto's class and made it out alive. I already provided a link. Here it is again. They saw the gunman kill Miss Soto and run past the gunman to safety.

"We can't go back to school," one little boy told Rosen. "Our teacher is dead. Mrs. Soto; we don't have a teacher."
http://www.pressherald.com/news/gra...s-a-haven-to-kids-who-escaped_2012-12-18.html

Evidently one little girl saw Mrs. Soto get shot because she told Rosen that her teacher had blood in her mouth and then she fell down.

and LE found the ones in the closet
7 closet
6 deceased
6 escaped?=
19 in Ms Soto's class?
Don't know what their class size was there. Could be the other teacher was maybe picking up kids for a pull-out session (extra reading or math help). It was the very beginning of the day. I know when I've had pull-outs - either the teacher or an aide goes around to each class and collects the kids.

JMHO

I don't see how that would be within fire code, having to lock/unlock the door with a key from the inside. I think this is another made up story. I would think the door could be locked with a key on the outside and would have one of those flip type locks on the inside. I just don't believe that story.

ETA: I haven't read the original article that stated the sub didn't have a key, but it sure sounds fishy to me.

The father of the substitute teacher said it. Why would he make stuff up about this?? Why not read and then formulate an opinion?

It's been an area of confusion. If that's true, who are the 6 who showed up at the neighbor's house in his driveway? They specifically said their teacher was dead, so it has to be a pupil of one of the deceased.

eta- I saw that link too- the one that said they all died. But that was earlier than the new accounts of the 6 that who lived. And I'm pretty sure that interviews have named Soto as their teacher. I'll see if I can find a link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/neighbor-helped-sandy-hook-students_n_2317775.html

I personally would find it odd if 12 ran from Ms. Soto's room, 6 were shot and 6 escaped- but who knows. But I've seen it confirmed multiple times that the 6 in the driveway were runners from Ms. Soto's room.

Agree and this is scary.

My first thought is we may have to have a lock down divice that is automatic. I hate to say this but kind of like prisions have where they push a button and all doors in the whole school slide and lock with several locations for these buttons? Also panic buttons that alert the authorities. IDK.

I simply can't believe I'm saying the above but sadly I'm afraid this is becoming the world we live in at least right now. I will continue to hope in mankind tho.

Electronic magnetic doors that close at the flip of a switch from a central location. Where the switch is located would be a major factor as well a point of entry for an individual intent on doing harm. A foyer off the office that is locked off from the rest of the school is necessary. No one should be able to break through a door or just walk through. Not in this world!

Amazing "GRACE" on Anderson Cooper...

They run out past the gunman after he already killed Ms. Soto. They were in fact in her class, and six of them made it out alive.

I think both are correct. At least that is ow I've read things so far. 6 killed, 6 escaped and 7 found in the closet.

OHHH they did autopsy on his brain???
must have been some left.
Erin Burdette on CNN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads