Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
12 quarantined Kirkland firefighters showing 'flu-like' symptoms 12 quarantined Kirkland firefighters showing 'flu-like' symptoms #CoronaOutbreak #Covid_19

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- Twelve of 30 firefighters and police officers in Kirkland who have been quarantined after potential or direct exposure to the COVID-19 virus at the city's LifeCare facility are now showing "flu-like" symptoms, according to city of Kirkland officials.
Oh, wow. Fingers quadruple-crossed.

Last edited:
Call came from Beijing. She sounded so overwhelmed and desperate I can not TELL YOU. This literally all happened in 5 minutes. I’m pretty shocked. The call was QUICK. Basically we need you NOW and we will pay you “x” amount and I was like OK and she said we will email you everything, software, etc. and I said ok and that was it.

I had done a basic inquiry when this first started going down, thinking it would be a good way to help and make some extra cash. I sent a note with my qualifications and experience and said I’d be interested in learning more about opportunities. I had actually forgotten I’d even sent my phone number.

This couldn’t come at a better time for me either as my amazon related endeavors, etc are taking a HUGE HIT.

I had missed teaching and I’m so excited. I’ll keep you all posted on how it goes. Of course I will respectfully strictly adhere to confidentiality etc of course.

It seems a variety of subjects? Still not even sure yet.

See above post:) Thank you.

That is a super fun job. Make sure that you decorate your office to look like a classroom. And always look sharp, they seriously want you to be wearing a suit or dress.

I used to do that part time, you can take your internet connection off on your taxes, and do look into increasing your internet speed, if you don't have the highest rate yet.

This doesn't surprise me. The kids are usually very alert and sometimes Mom is right next to them.

Fun!

My newly college graduate daughter taught online English to Chinese students one-on-one. She did that a few months until she started her big girl job. It paid well but she was up at 5am and done for the day by 10am. She decorated a makeshift wall behind her. She enjoyed it and it paid well for working from home.. I can only imagine that the pay is better and the demand greater now. Students signed up for a class and were home, usually sitting between parents, I assume the parents were getting schooled too.

Congrats Margarita! It’s good easy pay!

Those who are still going by only the cases that the govt are actually listing...you are so far behind the news. As apparently the govt itself is... color me beyond disappointed. Boy wouldn't that pandemic team have been useful now! I don't suppose anyone would want to go hat in hand asking them back in service for their country? No, our current leaders never go hat in hand, they have not the necessary humility...
Are you thinking it’s a conspiracy? Do you think we’re being lied to about the actual cases? Just imagine how many people would have to be in on it....a huge amount.

Medicare part A will only cover procedures done
in a hospital.
I doubt the tests would be done in a hospital.
Poor, older people often do not have supplemental Part B or C or D.
So for older poor people this may still be a deterrent to getting tested.
It's insane that it's even a question about how the test will cost a patient. There should be CLEAR communication about it. This is a public health issue, and people should not be excluded from a test based on their ability to pay for it - that puts the community (nation) at risk as well as the individual.

WHY can't the people in charge convey clear information so people know what to do? I am sure there will be people who stay away from doctors because they think they will get a big bill or will be turned away.

At least in NY, the gov said people need to able to take off work if needed.

jmo

Stay home and avoid face-to-face contact': CDC issues warning for elderly people as coronavirus spreads across the U.S, killing NINE - including five residents at the same Washington state nursing home

CDC urges senior citizens to stay home and avoid face-to-face contact as coronavirus spreads | Daily Mail Online
So I went to the Dr today and got refills on all of my meds. Also got the second pneumonia shot that I needed to complete the series. I went to the grocery store and got so much food that my freezer can't possibly hold another thing. Picked up toilet paper, paper towels, cleaner, hand soap, and hand sanitizer. Went to the library and checked out books, gassed up the car. When I pulled into my driveway, I pulled up the drawbridge behind me. I am done with my preparations and I am staying home. Heaven help anyone who should come knocking on my door.

Filled my freezer a few weeks ago with meals I cooked in bulk and froze in single meal zip-lock bags: Chicken, beef roasts, lasagna, meat balls, quiche, pea soup and beef stew. When the fresh veggies run out, I'll resort to frozen. Got potatoes. When they run out, there is plenty of jasmine rice and pastas. Canned goods and pet food stocked, meds and cleaning products, plenty of tp. Once a week or ten days, will make a quick run for salad ingredients. Can't live without fresh green salads.

A neighbor, who reminded me we don't have any COVID in my state, told me he's not stocking up and "hoarding" like me. I'm still mad at him but won't get into a conflict over this. Not worth it.

Howard Forman

"I think people aren’t paying close enough attention. The majority of the response in China, in 30 provinces, was about case finding, contact tracing, and suspension of public gatherings — all common measures used anywhere in the world to manage [the spread of] diseases."
(((Howard Forman))) on Twitter

It can not be emphasized enough: If we don't look, we won't find. It doesn't mean that people are not dying of #COVID19 in the USA right now. It doesn't mean they aren't in our hospitals and our supermarkets. It just means that we haven't tested. #TESTVIRUSNOW

I’m waaaay behind. Catching up.

But I have to quickly say I LOOOVE that hashtag!!! Too bad I’m personally not on twitter, but that hashtag is seriously my motto right now. I’ll have to find a way to use it somehow.

Last edited:
This is fantastic news margarita, one never knows how or when opportunity will come calling, will miss your posts but really- big congratulations to you and to the kids overseas should you decide to accept the mission!

Thank you so much. I said “yes” before I really even had a chance to think about it. I got off the phone and I was like wow what just happened and came straight here.

I keep thinking now about what many of these kids might have gone through. I’m not sure how many are directly affected, etc. but I imagine there are some considering what sounded like chaos in the background and desperation/urgency as I mentioned. She wanted me to get everything back to her tonight and I was like I’m going to need a day...

Anyway, I can’t wait to see a child smile. This will be my biggest gift. To know that I’ve helped them and made them smile. I hope they will look forward to their classes. I look forward to getting to know these little ones. What a trip...

I look forward to seeing the curriculum, etc. I am very curious what the curriculum and material will look like.

Anyway, I don’t want to derail any further but wanted to share with all of you here and thank you again for all the supportive and positive comments. After following everything that has happened over there since day 1, watching all those unspeakable videos on YT, I feel honored to be a part of this. It feels like synergy to me.

To anyone who has experience in this field, I welcome and appreciate any messages via the conversation tab.

Thanks again.

Oh no. Ive been to Grand Central Station in NYC many times when taking the train to Ranger Hockey games at Madison Square Garden which happens to be right next to Grand Central Station.

For those that have not been there, some information about it. It really is a beautiful place, but many many many people hustle and bustle through it. Not a good place to try to avoid catching something.

What to See - Grand Central Terminal
Madison Square Garden is next to Penn Station (on 34th Street). Grand Central is a different station (on 42nd).

My town. :)

jmo

Agreed.....and continue to be....

Recognizing how abysmally ignorant we have been is frightening in its own way.
Nick Szabo on Twitter
speaking of which-
Has anyone seen any plan from our leaders on
"Containment" of the virus?
I see knee jerk reactions after each fact but for
prevention and or containment I don't see much yet.

speaking of which-
Has anyone seen any plan from our leaders on
"Containment" of the virus?
I see knee jerk reactions after each fact but for
prevention and or containment I don't see much yet.
There was a serious suggestion at today's Pharma-Coronavirus meeting by a top-ranking official to use the flu vaccine against Coronavirus. Believe it or not. Not much else that I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214