Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The City of NY just raised its threat assessment for #COVID19 due to increase in testing and discovery of more community transmission. @NYCMayor says prepare your family and workplace.

Laurie Garrett on Twitter

My son is still there on business, still insists on holding business meetings all day tomorrow. I'm very frustrated. He had viral pneumonia last summer, very sick and his lungs still haven't healed.

The Health Ministry is considering expanding the list of countries whose citizens, if visiting Israel, need to spend 14 days in quarantine to ensure they are not infected with the novel coronavirus, Maariv reported.

The ministry is considering placing visitors from the US under quarantine, Channel 12 reported on Friday night. If taken, the step will have serious ramification on Israel’s economy.

The US is being considered as well as other western nations such as Norway, Belgium, and the Netherlands.

The ministry is waiting to receive news about the coronavirus situation in all these countries before reaching a decision.

US hospitals are preparing for 96 million coronavirusinfections and nearly half a million deaths from the outbreak, leaked documents have revealed.

The spread of the deadly disease could be far worse than officials claim, with 480,000 Americans expected to die from the virus and 4.8 million hospitalized, according to a presentation hosted by The American Hospital Association (AHA) in February.

This puts the crisis on a level more than 10 times greater than that seen in a severe flu season.

US hospitals prepare for 96 MILLION coronavirus cases and HALF A MILLION deaths, leaked papers show | Daily Mail Online

From the link:

"Vice President Mike Pence told reporters on Friday that 21 people tested positive for the coronavirus on the Grand Princess cruise ship docked off the California coast—but no one told the patients they had COVID-19 before the announcement. According to CNN, an audio broadcast was made on the ship shortly after Pence talked about the number of infected. “We apologize, but we were not given advance notice of this announcement by the U.S. federal government,” the announcement said..."

I won't clutter the thread with any comment about the importance of competently coordinating information.

jmo

US hospitals are preparing for 96 million coronavirusinfections and nearly half a million deaths from the outbreak, leaked documents have revealed.

The spread of the deadly disease could be far worse than officials claim, with 480,000 Americans expected to die from the virus and 4.8 million hospitalized, according to a presentation hosted by The American Hospital Association (AHA) in February.

This puts the crisis on a level more than 10 times greater than that seen in a severe flu season.

US hospitals prepare for 96 MILLION coronavirus cases and HALF A MILLION deaths, leaked papers show | Daily Mail Online
I don't think hospitals in US have nearly so much capacity.

Just thought I’d leave this here...

The stats for SARS-CoV-2 in Italy.

- 4 636 infected.
- 197 dead.
- 462 in intensive care.
- 4.2% mortality rate.
- 10% in intensive care.

That mortality and intensive care rate is much worse than "just the flu".

Fear is bad. Being nonchalant is also bad.
PeterSweden on Twitter

Maine said it was still bringing its state laboratory online. Pennsylvania officials said they would have the capacity to test 150 specimens a day at the state laboratory beginning this weekend. Arkansas can process eight to 10 tests daily, and has so far tested six patients.
Americans’ Demands for Coronavirus Tests Grow as Cases Spread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member