Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Thirty Brighton doctors in coronavirus isolation, says clinician”
Thirty Brighton doctors in coronavirus isolation, says clinician | The Argus
THIRTY doctors are in isolation after coming into contact with a GP who tested positive for coronavirus, according to a frontline clinician working to stem the outbreak in the city.

It is believed Public Health England told them to self-isolate following a healthcare meeting attended by the infected GP and dozens of other doctors.

The Argus became aware of the situation after patients at Charter Medical Centre in Hove were told only four of the practice’s 12 doctors were working on Monday morning because the rest of the staff were off sick.

ugh :(

THIRTY doctors are in isolation after coming into contact with a GP who tested positive for coronavirus, according to a frontline clinician working to stem the outbreak in the city.

It is believed Public Health England told them to self-isolate following a healthcare meeting attended by the infected GP and dozens of other doctors.

The Argus became aware of the situation after patients at Charter Medical Centre in Hove were told only four of the practice’s 12 doctors were working on Monday morning because the rest of the staff were off sick.

Italian Man With Coronavirus Attempts To Escape From Lagos Isolation Center Over Poor Living Conditions

Italian Man With Coronavirus Attempts To Escape From Lagos Isolation Center Over Poor Living Conditions

The 44-year-old Italian man diagnosed with Coronavirus in Lagos, allegedly attempted to escape from the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba, Lagos of Friday February 28th.

Punch reports that Health workers at the Mainland Hospital, Yaba, said the Italian man threatened to leave over the poor condition of facilities at the Isolation center. A senior staff of the hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the Italian man complained bitterly about the excessive heat and mosquitoes in the room where he is being isolated.

“The patient wanted to run away yesterday (Friday). The Italian man, who seems to be an engineer, was very angry that the room where he was kept was very hot. There is nothing there (inside the isolation ward) aside from bed and hospital locker. He almost ran away and is still threatening to do that” the Health worker who did not wear any personal protective equipment required of workers in such an environment said

The anonymous health worker stated that the level of preparedness in Lagos State for infectious diseases such as Coronavirus and Lassa fever “is zero.” According to the staff, Lagos State does not have the facility to accommodate individuals who might have come in contact with the Italian, adding that the facility that is meant to accommodate both suspected and confirmed Coronavirus cases is still undergoing renovation “and might take a while” before it can function fully.

The worker also revealed that the isolation area was a room in one of the wards, and that it was quickly vacated to accommodate the index case.

“The only thing demarcating the room from other rooms in the ward is a red and white barricade tape. That is where the Italian man that tested positive to Coronavirus is kept. There is no single equipment inside that place. It is just like any other regular hospital room with a bed. That building you see that is being repainted is the original place meant to quarantine Coronavirus patients. As you can see, the place is not ready. The state government is just renovating it, despite the fact that the virus started spreading since December 2019. It is really sad that a country like Nigeria is never ready to medically contain infectious disease outbreak. This is why most health workers leave because they are predisposed to danger of infection.” the staff said

Speaking further, the source said that the Mainland Hospital does not have a ready and designated facility to isolate and treat Lassa fever patients, much less Coronavirus.

“The place meant for Lassa fever patient has been under construction in the past one month. It is not yet completed

Uh-oh ! This ain't good news...................moo

Coronavirus travel restrictions make buying tickets for plays, concerts and sporting events a tough call

Coronavirus travel restrictions make buying tickets for plays, concerts and sporting events a tough call

Travel restrictions aimed at stemming the spread of coronavirus are sparking worries about lower attendance and ticket sales at sporting events and concerts, members of the ticketing industry said.

It's the combination of people not being able to travel and the fear that restrictions will be imposed while people are abroad that is affecting the ticketing industry. Travelers arriving from parts of China to other countries, including the U.S., may face quarantines.

Coronavirus closures in Europe raise questions in US

The growing spread of coronavirus around the globe is raising questions in the United States about the prospect of school closings, canceled events or sporting contests played to empty stadiums.

Japan, the world's third largest economy, has closed schools, soccer teams in Italy's professional league have played games closed to spectators in the northern part of the country, and Switzerland on Friday said it was canceling all gatherings of more than 1,000 people to protect from the spread of coronavirus.

The dangers of coronavirus in the United States are not as high at this point as those countries, but health officials have warned of an inevitable spread and White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, while insisting the administration had the situation in control, acknowledged Friday that school closings and public transportation disruptions were possible in the United States.

Asked about possible school closings, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar on Friday described a "continuum" of steps that could be taken in the event of an epidemic or an outbreak that were on the table, but he cautioned that it didn't mean those measures would be implemented.

Coronavirus closures in Europe raise questions in US

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe family believe she has coronavirus

The Free Nazanin Campaign said despite reports of at least one coronavirus-related inmate death inside Tehran’s Evin prison, staff are refusing to test her.

In a statement issued via the Free Nazanin Campaign, Zaghari-Ratcliffe said: “I am not good. I feel very bad in fact. It is a strange cold. Not like usual. I know the kinds of cold I normally have, how my body reacts. This is different. I am just as bad as I was. I often get better after three days. But with this there is no improvement. I haven’t got one bit better.”

“It has been a sore throat for days now. Really bad. It is now more than five days – with a severe sore throat that is not going away.

“At the beginning I had a runny nose and a cough. Now I have this continual cold sweat I have a temperature, though not all the time. The past couple of days I have been shivering every night. The past couple of days I have had nausea – feeling like I am about to vomit, though I do not.

“I have difficulty breathing and pain in my muscles, and fatigue. I do not pant, but I am finding it hard to breathe. And I am just very, very tired. I have a real tiredness, and a heavy head. I am too tired to do anything.

“For a long time this has not felt like a normal cold. These symptoms have lasted almost a week. I know I need to get medicine to get better. This does not go magically.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member