Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I KNOW THERE ARE CNN STORIES THAT SAY DIFFERENT....BUT THERE AEE QUOTES FROM THE COMPANY BELOW.

Verily, a healthcare tech company also owned by Alphabet, said it was leading the effort to develop the web tool, with the help of an undisclosed number of Google employees.

We are in the early stages of development, and planning to roll testing out in the (San Francisco) Bay Area, with the hope of expanding more broadly over time," Verily spokeswoman Kathleen Parkes said.

About 1,700 Google workers have volunteered to help with coronavirus-related efforts, according to a person familiar with the matter, but it is unclear whether all of them are involved with developing the new website.

Carolyn Wang, another Verily spokeswoman, said it initially aimed to assess testing needs for people more prone to catching the virus, such as healthcare workers. But she said Verily now plans to trial the system more broadly at several sites around the San Francisco region.

Google, Walmart join U.S. effort to speed up coronavirus testing

Thanks, for the information. I was under the impression from the Presidential presser, yesterday, this was for everyone NOT a pilot program in SF.

Amazing how we can "spin" the truth.
An interesting direct quote from the designers.

"We are in the early stages of development, and planning to roll testing out in the (San Francisco) Bay Area, with the hope of expanding more broadly over time," Verily spokeswoman Kathleen Parkes said.

Hum....Google has 3 very large office as in SF. Is this mainly to benefit Google? Why not do a pilot in an affected area like NY or WA?

This is smelling very fishy....MOO

@JerseyGirl a friend of mine is doing the same thing, she is a sales rep and has to be out & about. We had some strong winds so she was pleased to be able to use long winter scarves!
It seems a lot of people are not taking any steps. A friend that manages a large health clinic told me she had 19 walk ins yesterday, asking for a test. 12 had called & were told “stay home”, yet appeared in the clinic. All were told to return home. From the clinic employees could see a few of the walk-ins promptly go to a store or a restaurant. So, they want to be tested, claim to have symptoms, won’t follow simple advice & have no qualms about spreading their infection, if they in fact are positive. What part of “stay home” is so difficult to grasp? Moo

I don’t understand some people. Granted, my state is not a hotbed but there was confirmation of the first case in my county yesterday and all schools are closed effective yesterday and still people aren’t using common sense.

Unfortunately until there is community spread is when these people will wake up.

So so true.

I want to see an after picture of the hospital that was built in 3 days with the beds full of patients.
And there are pictures from china with ppl in small rooms on cots wearing coats? No heat?

Google the name Chen Qiushi. You may find his videos around if the Chinese government hasn’t pulled them all.

Thanks, for the information. I was under the impression from the Presidential presser, yesterday, this was for everyone NOT a pilot program in SF.

Amazing how we can "spin" the truth.
An interesting direct quote from the designers.

"We are in the early stages of development, and planning to roll testing out in the (San Francisco) Bay Area, with the hope of expanding more broadly over time," Verily spokeswoman Kathleen Parkes said.

Hum....Google has 3 very large office as in SF. Is this mainly to benefit Google? Why not do a pilot in an affected area like NY or WA?

This is smelling very fishy....MOO
IMO...we will have at least 3 Wuhan type events happening in the US....NYC, Seattle, and San Francisco. Community transmission is possibly out of control in all 3.

IMO....respectfully, there is no conspiracy. A Google map is not gonna change the inevitable. I believe with the lack of action taken in this country, large numbers of people are going to die. Our best actions are STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES.

As a precautionary measure the location has been closed and all employees were asked to self-quarantine.

“We also are in the process of contacting customers with vehicles at this store, as well as known customers who visited the store within at least the past 14 days to inform them of the situation,” officials wrote. “As of March 13, a vendor has completed their disinfection of the entire store, all customer vehicles, car keys, and other surfaces that our teammates may have touched."

I guess my mini overwhelming fit about getting my tire fixed was warranted. Getting in an out of people’s cars, no hand washing or sanitizing between touching FOB, steering wheels, etc.. For the record, this was not the location I visited.
LOCAL UPDATES: Houston area Firestone closed, all employees under quarantine after 1 tested presumptive positive
LOCAL UPDATES: Houston area Firestone closed, all employees under quarantine after 1 tested presumptive positive

I don’t understand some people. Granted, my state is not a hotbed but there was confirmation of the first case in my county yesterday and all schools are closed effective yesterday and still people aren’t using common sense.

Unfortunately until there is community spread is when these people will wake up.

Some won’t get to “wake up”, I’m afraid.

Hello! I have been reading these threads with great interest and haven't posted until now. For context I am a Canadian living in the northeast US, my H and I travel frequently for both work and pleasure and we fly or drive to Canada to visit family several times a year.

As it happens we haven't traveled since the pandemic build-up/announcement. I did have a trip to Nashville with friends and family planned for the end of this month, but decided to cancel it yesterday when the Canadian government asked Canaidans to avoid travel outside of the country.

I realize different people have different opinions on what each of us should be doing to flatten the curve (and I agree with the poster who said we should be tagging our posts with IMO/MOO/IMHO), but I am curious about why some posters feel that individuals should be doing far more than what current expert guidance suggests? (Experts such as the WHO, CDC, Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, etc,). Is it mistrust of the experts? Fear? Anxiety? It seems like some of the people who are decrying knee-jerk behaviour (hoarding, spreading misinformation) are also advocating for a more stringent response to the virus than the experts.

Not itching for an argument and wishing everyone good health and a quick recovery from this pandemic.

IMHO

Global coronavirus death toll tops 5,000

https://nypost.com/2020/03/13/global-coronavirus-death-toll-tops-5000/

Out of 8 billion people in the world, it's not a bad number, if it were in the millions of people dying from COVID-19 then yes I'd start to really worry.

And I just got back from Publix. We have enough TP as the store is completely out of it, but they are very low on the following: paper towels, citrus fruits, frozen foods, white vinegar, bottled water. They're out of bleach, and hand sanitizer (which I never use anyways).

I am still trying to figure out why the TP crisis. That does not make any sense at all.

Our old friend Ben the Irishman posted an 2nd Q&A video:

P.S.: his lady friend in Wuhan is doing good. She stayed behind and did not leave China because she did not want to leave her cats.

P.S.S. She is better off there than here quite frankly. MOO

Last edited:
So so true.

I want to see an after picture of the hospital that was built in 3 days with the beds full of patients.
And there are pictures from china with ppl in small rooms on cots wearing coats? No heat?

The photos back in the early thread, gosh ...I may never find them again??....show the building of the hospitals (daily), warehouse style, folks lying on rows of cots wearing masks and coats.

I'll try to find.... If anyone on the thread remembers please help....

ETA....
@Elley Mae ...here you go and photo as well

China finishes its second new hospital built from scratch in Wuhan | Daily Mail Online

China has today finished building a second new hospital to isolate and treat patients of a virus that has killed more than 560 people as it continues to spread, disrupting travel and people's lives and fueling economic fears.

Imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members