Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A post from a young person on FB, one of my son's besties.

For real people. We got this
You can play at home. You can workout at home. You can eat, drink and be merry. At. Home. Don’t be selfish - yes, you could get it and survive it but what about alllll the people who can’t. Don’t make our healthcare workers decide who lives and who dies.

Love this to post on my Facebook, consider I stole it from you with my thanks. If anyone else comes across such simple messages for others like this to post and share, please do!

Again, thanks Zecats for this following PSA for us to share

screen-shot-2020-03-15-at-3-18-30-pm-png.238619

Breaking: they're throwing the parties now. What do you think thousands of HS and college kids kicked out of school are going to do for the next three months with nowhere to go and nothing to do. Mine are telling me what they and their friends are doing.
My high school senior and college junior are keeping their butts away from other people. It is not a choice for them.

Isn't this the same generation that everyone was complaining just wanted to sit inside on their computers? They can text, FaceTime, or whatever it is they do now.
Agree. It’s odd - the numbers alone don’t justify the actions. So, IMO, either the numbers are being suppressed worldwide, or there’s something we’re just missing....

But these huge corporations don’t shut down business on a whim!!

Actions speak louder than words - and the action is a global shutdown.
Exponential growth. While the cases are certainly undercounted, the problem is the doubling every five or six days.

Coronavirus & Exponential Growth: The Chessboard Problem | National Review

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

The math behind why we need social distancing, starting right now

Christmas Day was the day we found out we are going to be 1st time Grandparents. I have been shopping up a storm, all things baby. Last month helping with some prelim baby shower plans, planning the date as we are hosting the men's diaper party. Yes diaper party's are a thing now. I woke up every day with such excitement. Now it's concern. Of course gatherings can be planned for after birth. Concern for Mom and baby and of course all Family. Seems a dark cloud over head. How things can change so quickly.
Congrats!!! Being a grandparent is wonderful. We have our 8th due in 3.5 weeks. We all feel a little cheated. I will be honest. But take it day by day and try not to borrow trouble, as my granny used to say. You are all well and healthy today and that is what counts.

President Trump said he ordered a bunch.

Simply put, there aren't enough hospital beds, there aren't enough ventilators and there won't be enough staff to care for patients if this virus gets out of control. We NEED to control the spread. We currently have around 100,000 ventilators in service in the USA. Of those ventilators, about 80% are in use. We do have a number of ventilators in emergency surplus. But if we don't control the spread, it won't be enough.
'We’ll take them all': Demand for ventilators spikes as coronavirus looms
On Friday, the Society of Critical Care Medicine released a new report highlighting the scarcity of available medical resources in the U.S., including ventilators. The report cited the latest available data, including from a 2009 survey of hospitals, indicating that hospitals could use both existing machines and pull older devices from storage, as well as the 8,900 sitting in emergency stockpiles. Combined, the organization estimated hospitals could get their hands on roughly 200,000 devices, but that the number of available medical staff able to operate them at any one time would lower that number significantly. With some worse-case estimates showing more than 900,000 people could need ventilators, according to the American Hospital Association, the report raises concerns about a shortfall in both machines and the people to operate them.

my neighbor drove past as I was feeding my horse. He just returned from WMT, Kroger & some type of discount store. He literally found nothing on his list other than 2 small jugs of WMT bleach & some chocolate candy. He kindly gave me a huge bag of chocolates! :rolleyes:
I’ve seen where the preppers are still out shopping.

Last edited:
This is starting to hit close to home for my family. My oldest daughter is in Colorado and is in the food service industry. This is her livelihood - and if restaurants close - how is she supposed to pay for her rent, bills, gas, food, her doggo? I'm really upset at forced closures of restaurants.....it's a huge industry and how are these people going to survive? This will greatly affect the U.S. economy.......what is next? Eventually this will affect all job sectors....I'm not a "sky-is-falling" person....but right now I'm feeling as if I'm living inside a Stephen King novel. ::gulp::

I’d want a test. Who knows what future medical issues could arise from this virus.
And I wouldn’t want to expose anyone.
JMO.

If you have not been travelling and have no symptoms, there's no point in a test.

People are going wayyy overboard, jamming ERs to get tests when they are not even close to 'victims' of CV.

If people would just calm down and realize that like every disease, there are 'criteria' that most of us just DO NOT have to meet the testing threshold.

Social distancing, self isolation etc should keep most of us safe and healthy.

I just read that Governor DeWine in Ohio is implementing some measures to try to mitigate some of the consequences of closing restaurants and bars at 9 p.m. Restaurants are still able to delivery, and some restaurant owners said they may be able to deploy some of their staff for delivery, but there will be layoffs of staff. The state will provide unemployment insurance to laid off workers without the mandatory waiting period. And regarding purchases of spirits over the last 30 days, if unopened, bars and restaurants can return them, also people who bought a lot of spirits for major events - such as St.Patrick Day's celebrations. There may be other things, but these are the ones that caught my attention.

Wonder if a lot of people are ordering in? I won’t, I have no assurance the persons preparing my food are not positive & the delivery driver can plaster my order with snot droplets.

So the restaurants are closed and the stores are out of food? What exactly is one supposed to eat?
I am not sure why restaurants are any more dangerous than stores, where hoards of people were running around buying everything in site.

Universal Music Group head honcho Lucian Grainge, 60, hospitalized with coronavirus in LA... two weeks after birthday bash at exclusive enclave where Kris Jenner has $12M mansion

He runs the world's largest music company with labels that are home to such superstars as Taylor Swift, Drake, U2, the Weeknd, Billie Eilish, the Rolling Stones and Elton John.

According to Variety, some of entertainment and tech's biggest players were with Grainge 15 days ago to celebrate his birthday at a bash in Palm Springs, California.

Guests included Apple CEO Tim Cook and music manager Irving Azoff, Variety said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8115109/Universal-Music-Group-head-honcho-Lucian-Grainge-60-hospitalized-coronavirus-LA.html

If we did not know the tests are in short supply, this wouldn’t be an issue, imo.
Dr. Birx is concerned false negatives give false hope. I agree, because so many seem to think negative means negative for life. Obviously we can’t be tested today for what we might be exposed to next Sunday. If they go to rectal swab testing, the desire to be tested might decline. Moo
If you have not been travelling and have no symptoms, there's no point in a test.

People are going wayyy overboard, jamming ERs to get tests when they are not even close to 'victims' of CV.

If people would just calm down and realize that like every disease, there are 'criteria' that most of us just DO NOT have to meet the testing threshold.

Social distancing, self isolation etc should keep most of us safe and healthy.

Omg I just figured out why I woke up on the wrong side of the bed (other than the obvious) -

Today is Day 7 in isolation with no yoga classes!!!!

Yeah we need some serious downward dog in the house, right @zecats, @MJPeony, @COSCitizen and all you other yoga bunnies out there!!!!
Yes, I’m going nuts! Stopped going several days ago. I got an email that my yoga studio was offering a free vinyasa class today at noon online via ZOOM, but I didn’t set an alarm and when I next looked at the clock it was 12:45 :confused:

Wonder if a lot of people are ordering in? I won’t, I have no assurance the persons preparing my food are not positive & the delivery driver can plaster my order with snot droplets.
Well, if you go into a store, you have no assurance somebody next in line doesn't have it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tskr247