Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And there should be a note indicating these numbers are reflective of those tested. What would the numbers look like if everyone who needed a test was able to be tested?

Well, this is what my Governer said Friday, (Colorado):

“Governor Polis says there are likely hundreds of people, if not thousands, in Colorado who have coronavirus and either have tests pending or have not been tested. However, more than 80% of the people who get the virus are able to recover on their own.”

This gives you an idea.

Considering so many people are out running around, as opposed to China, who even knows what those numbers are,

Everyday that people are out...

Now, with that being said, Dr. Mike mentioned in the Q & A section of Friday’s WHO PC that closing borders, for example, is not the only thing that is important (paraphrasing this and relating it to mitigation)- there is a balanced approach which needs to occur, mainly at slowing it down, holding it back.

We are at that moment right now where not taking measures drastically affects what goes down in the future. We see the exponential figures as related to multiplication, doubling, etc...

We have to push this back. If we have any hope of...

How are you feeling today, friend?

You’re smart and if anyone can make it through this it will be you.

You are part a major part of our front lines here.

As I’ve said so many times, the front lines will take the hardest hit. I didn’t think that would carry over to WS.

Imo you are one of many others here MOO that will be faced with the problem of potentially having the virus.
You are not the only one - you are only the first.

I’ve been wanting to move here into the phase of expecting this happen and what to do then.

Thank you for helping us and providing your insight and experiences going forward.

Will be sending healing thoughts your way always, G.

Your WS partner in crime,
M.

I'm feeling about the same as yesterday.
It's like I either have a mild cold or very bad allergies.
My muscles ache. My throat is sore and scratchy. My eyes itch and are full of crusty stuff when I wake up (gross, I know). My nose runs. It hurts when I take a deep breath and I cough if I do anything more active than walk to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. As I've said from the beginning, however, this may only be a very bad case of allergies. I'm allergic to everything that blooms in the spring.
All the trees are blooming where I live in the Southeast. It was beautiful on the way to get testing yesterday. Has anyone ever been to the Washington DC Cherry Festival? I see it's mostly canceled now but that's what the trees look like all around me: National Cherry Blossom Festival cancels and postpones events

My symptoms (except for the muscle aches and painful breathing) are cut in half by taking benedryl but that makes me sleepy so I haven't been taking it unless my symptoms get really bad. My DH seems to have slightly different symptoms. He is coughing continually, has a low fever and seems to have much more congestion than me. I worry he has it and I only have allergies and haven't developed it yet. Normally I get sicker than him when we both have something, but this is reversed and it's worrying me a little. My DH thinks he in invincible and will feign that he is feeling better than he is, but I can tell when he's feeling worse than I am.

We continue to sleep in separate rooms, keep our distance from each other in the house and avoid sharing things. I have given him medicine and brought him food and then washed my hands immediately after. I haven't kissed him since he developed a fever on Sunday and I think he's a bit miffed at me for that. LOL. I love him so much. But I can't risk getting what he has no matter what it is at this point. I have to stay the healthier one to take care of him.

I'm figuring that if he only has some upper respiratory illness and not CoV19 that we still won't be able to go to the hospital if that develops into pneumonia or bronchitis or something where we would normally go in for a simple x-ray. This CoV19 is going to forever change our health care system I think. We have to be able to care for ourselves in isolation at home. I feel like this is doable with our current symptom level. This feels like a mild flu or a mild cold or very bad allergies to me. And that may still end up being what we have. I can't repeat enough times that our symptoms are not too bad. If CoV19 was not in the news and shutting everything down we would go about our lives as normal coping with our symptoms with OTC remedies. My DH might have only taken 1 or 2 sick days at most. He is currently in his office working from home. He is upbeat and cracks jokes at me a couple times a day. He keeps singing this song:

Which is made all the more hilarious to me by the fact that we are teetotalers and abstain from all alcohol for a combination of personal and religious reasons. But I digress. In short, I think we will be just fine if we can keep laughing in the face of this strange new reality we have entered.
:):D:p:cool:

I am in MI too. I am going to take a drive after working (from home). Last time I was out, I didn't see much going on.

I live in a major college town.

I wondered if malls were open. This notice is posted on Somerset Collection (Troy) website:

Your wellness is important to us.
The wellness of our guests, retailers, team members and community is important to us as we navigate through this unprecedented time. We are adhering to the recommendations from the state authorities and have increased sanitation efforts throughout the center. Currently our hours of operation remain the same, while some of our family of stores and restaurants have cut back on their hours of operation or temporarily closed both here and around the world. Please be sure to check with the ones that you wish to visit about any temporary changes to their hours of operation. The Somerset Collection fully supports each of our retail partners in their individual decisions to assist in stemming the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and as always, we cherish your support and patronage.

Oh that's wonderful. I have some of that too. Adding melatonin to our daily regimen along with Airborne (mostly for the zinc), vitamin D and anti-malarial pills. We are taking these things all spread out over the day to reduce any small chance of interactions. Anyone have advice on when is best to take the melatonin? I'm thinking at night before bedtime? :cool:

Melatonin is a sleep aid. If you are not having trouble sleeping I wouldn't take it.

I have insomnia so I take melatonin along with benedryl nightly to sleep.

Well, here we are, Folks. The price of gas drops, and there's no where to go.
The number of people with virus is beginning to hit us hard in LA. I live in south Louisiana where our communities are oil and gas production dependent. Our governor is taking the proper measures to keep us safe. We were slowly beginning to come back after the BP Oil Spill this is crush us again. Our oil field workers and oilfield service businesses have sent many of their workers home. The lower oil and gas prices are a double edge sword. When this occurs oil companies reduce or discontinue drilling. There is talk of storing oil reserves which will be helpful to the US.

I'm feeling about the same as yesterday.
It's like I either have a mild cold or very bad allergies.
My muscles ache. My throat is sore and scratchy. My eyes itch and are full of crusty stuff when I wake up (gross, I know). My nose runs. It hurts when I take a deep breath and I cough if I do anything more active than walk to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. As I've said from the beginning, however, this may only be a very bad case of allergies. I'm allergic to everything that blooms in the spring.
All the trees are blooming where I live in the Southeast. It was beautiful on the way to get testing yesterday. Has anyone ever been to the Washington DC Cherry Festival? I see it's mostly canceled now but that's what the trees look like all around me: National Cherry Blossom Festival cancels and postpones events

My symptoms (except for the muscle aches and painful breathing) are cut in half by taking benedryl but that makes me sleepy so I haven't been taking it unless my symptoms get really bad. My DH seems to have slightly different symptoms. He is coughing continually, has a low fever and seems to have much more congestion than me. I worry he has it and I only have allergies and haven't developed it yet. Normally I get sicker than him when we both have something, but this is reversed and it's worrying me a little. My DH thinks he in invincible and will feign that he is feeling better than he is, but I can tell when he's feeling worse than I am.

We continue to sleep in separate rooms, keep our distance from each other in the house and avoid sharing things. I have given him medicine and brought him food and then washed my hands immediately after. I haven't kissed him since he developed a fever on Sunday and I think he's a bit miffed at me for that. LOL. I love him so much. But I can't risk getting what he has no matter what it is at this point. I have to stay the healthier one to take care of him.

I'm figuring that if he only has some upper respiratory illness and not CoV19 that we still won't be able to go to the hospital if that develops into pneumonia or bronchitis or something where we would normally go in for a simple x-ray. This CoV19 is going to forever change our health care system I think. We have to be able to care for ourselves in isolation at home. I feel like this is doable with our current symptom level. This feels like a mild flu or a mild cold or very bad allergies to me. And that may still end up being what we have. I can't repeat enough times that our symptoms are not too bad. If CoV19 was not in the news and shutting everything down we would go about our lives as normal coping with our symptoms with OTC remedies. My DH might have only taken 1 or 2 sick days at most. He is currently in his office working from home. He is upbeat and cracks jokes at me a couple times a day. He keeps singing this song:

Which is made all the more hilarious to me by the fact that we are teetotalers and abstain from all alcohol for a combination of personal and religious reasons. But I digress. In short, I think we will be just fine if we can keep laughing in the face of this strange new reality we have entered.
:):D:p:cool:
I've had the same symptoms as you for about 5 days. I've found the Severe Allergy Sinus Tylenol helps me to feel almost normal with only half the dosage suggested. One capsule relieves the symptoms without making me drowsy. HTH along with our prayers. Love ya!

President Daily Update/presser LIVE:

The White House @WhiteHouse

It froze up but wow, my thoughts so far:

These are the words I’ve been waiting to hear. More action words. Show me the money.

Whether you are red or blue, like DT or not, I can say that IMO now we are talking. Show me the money. Let’s talk about food, Medicare all this stuff.

Imo very important progress is being made it sounds like.

My thoughts, again goes to we knew CV was coming and we’re a little late in the game on many things, but what matters is today and now. We can’t change yesterday.

Thank you Dr. Mike for drilling this into my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia