Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to quote @LadyL from the last thread but regarding her post saying that CV came from eating meat... my friends and I (well, most of us are) completely vegan. We have been joking that this wasn't *our* fault! Hey, we have to joke in times like this. That said, please don't take offense if you are a meat eater. We aren't generally judge-y buy darn - I have never offended so many in my life as I have when they find out I am vegan. It could be in an online profile and it makes people harass me, send pictures, berate me. Crazy. But yeah - it wasn't out fault! ;)

I rarely eat meat, I’ll probably go completely meatless again. We do steaks once or twice a week, that’s the only time I eat it. I went 13 years without it & frankly felt much better. After rewatching Pandemic, chicken & fowl are completely off my personal menu.

Let me know if you have any questions on the new pup, I work for a vet and animal rescue. My vet recommends fish oil and we feed a fish based food (Sportmix Wholesomes Fish and Rice), which seems to help their skin and coat.

Thank you for your offer! These are her current meds
Enrofloxacin 136 mg. 1.5 pills daily
Rimadyl 100 mg 1 pill daily
Melatonin 3 mg 1 pill nightly
She is so loopy from the pain med, I don’t plan to give her Melatonin tonight. I think being in my quiet little house is going to be so much less stressful, that she isn’t going to need it.

Her skin smells but they said it isn’t anything to be worried about. It looks painful and she twitches in her sleep like it hurts. My daughter said it smells like a yeast infection that dogs get. She also brought home some organic skin treatment to sprinkle on her food. I suspect my daughter will get the nutrition/food narrowed down to something better. (My daughter is studying to get into vet school.)

My daughter works for DogPerfect as the Food Dept Mgr. The state inspectors came in today and deemed them an essential business because they sell fresh foods for dogs. They told her that all non essential businesses will be shuttered this weekend. (SW FL)

Attachments

• BDDB5BC1-6FBF-4185-8824-7C32AD61FBFC.jpeg
    BDDB5BC1-6FBF-4185-8824-7C32AD61FBFC.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 32
I was just wondering about Christmas tonight. Usually I host my whole family and about 12 of us cram into my living room to open gifts after dinner. Maybe last year was the last time like that.

Was thinking about that too. By Christmas, I'll be ready to have quarantine over and just go ahead and get this thing. We aren't around that many people at Christmas (and we're all connected in various ways anyway - I'm not quarantining myself from my husband or 3 other people who are close family). I'll know if others have had it or not - if there are worries, I guess we can have Zoom or something for the missing persons.

Maybe you'll spread out more? Not a bad idea in winter anyway. We do Thanksgiving and have a house we can open to the outside air and there's a long space where people can move in and out, into the back yard. Same group of people though, plus a couple (one of those is very social though he will totally understand if he's uninvited for some reason). I'm the oldest person there. I just barely got to claim that seat a couple of years ago and I want to hold it for a while.

ABC News Prime: Coronavirus closings, negotiations for relief, race for treatment

"A staffer in Vice President Mike Pence's office tested positive."

"Things got heated in the briefing room today, the President was upset and angry saying he believes he is not getting enough credit for the job his administration is doing'"

Member of Vice President’s Staff Tests Positive for Coronavirus

Last edited:
I took my dog out for a walk and the neighbors a few doors down have a driveway party in progress. I snapped a couple pics and it doesn't even show the additional 10 people on the street/sidewalk. The kids are driving 4 wheelers all over, the alcohol is flowing, and they are having a grand time.

Meanwhile I had an argument with my daughter earlier about her wanting to go to a friend's house. No wonder my kids don't understand.
View attachment 239470 View attachment 239473
Same here - they think they are “hurricaning”! And I’m the bad guy - don’t want any visitors and we are on self quarantine because of the cruise ...

As I'm 60+ and have hypertension, it's not even certain that I will get a mild case, or that I will survive a serious case of Covid-19, but if I get any symptoms of a cold, or the corona virus, I will follow the recommendations from my employer and stay at home as soon as I get symptoms, and for two days after the disappearance of symptoms. Here in Sweden there is nothing like you can only have a certain number of sick-days, if we are ill we can stay at home, with 80 percent of our ordinary wages, so there is nothing that forces us to go to work when ill.

We should have a separate thread for discussing "when to go to the hospital" with an emphasis on expert advice, but all WSer's experiences. I worry that your plan is mostly about work and how long to stay out - rather than when to seek help.

I have cold-like symptoms frequently (allergies). I have a nightly cough (maybe asthma-related). If I get further symptoms I will self-treat until...fever above 100? I think that's when I'm going to dive into the world of how to get tested. I'm not going to wait until 103. If I wake up in the night with 102 (which happens) I wonder if I'll really follow through or just lay there.

Good for you! I decimated my kitchen, I made old fashioned, homemade Mac & cheese for a bunch of my cowboy friends, I’m not talking small portions, either. I made family size foil pans for 5 dif’ guys, then delivered. Then I rode my rogue horse, enjoying the warmth & the wind. Riding gets me back where I need to be.
Cleaning my kitchen occupied for a bit, lol.
For my sanity, I need to be away from the news. I can easily catch up at CDC & Harvard.com.
Moo
Wow. You have an interesting life, for sure!

She is so loopy from the pain med, I don’t plan to give her Melatonin tonight. I think being in my quiet little house is going to be so much less stressful, that she isn’t going to need it.

Her skin smells but they said it isn’t anything to be worried about. It looks painful and she twitches in her sleep like it hurts. My daughter said it smells like a yeast infection that dogs get. She also brought home some organic skin treatment to sprinkle on her food. I suspect my daughter will get the nutrition/food narrowed down to something better. (My daughter is studying to get into vet school.)

My daughter works for DogPerfect as the Food Dept Mgr. The state inspectors came in today and deemed them an essential business because they sell fresh foods for dogs. They told her that all non essential businesses will be shuttered this weekend. (SW FL)

OMG, I am so happy for this dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your kind words. We have about 400,000 people returning from their winter homes far away from the Great White North. It's hard to get home and truly self isolate from the moment they cross the border. Depending on where they came from, their information about Covid-10 might be spotty.

Many Canadians drove up from the Southern States, no doubt buying gas, stopping for some groceries, stopping to use the bathroom, maybe a quick nip into Wal*Mart, then they cross the border and have many more miles yet to go. Once home, there are keys and mail to pick up from the neighbour, more groceries to buy, meds to refill and a few more errands to take care of before they feel they are ready to self isolate.

Meanwhile, they've left a Covid trail like Pig-Pen.

International travellers returning to Canada are under mandatory 14 day isolation. They will be told when they cross the border into Canada what they are allowed to do. Too many people think that the rules don't apply to them, or that if they don't get caught then it's okay, but hopefully that will not happen. They can arrange for family and friends to drop off keys and mail, deliver groceries for the first few days. Many people are happy to help out if it means reducing the number of infected people.

another 627 deaths overnight in Italy and no end in sight.... i am beyond devastated. i have tears streaming down my face as i write this. when will they start to see a decline in cases/death from the lockdown they started two weeks ago ? i hope its soon. they have suffered so much

Problaby in 3 months.

I was just wondering about Christmas tonight. Usually I host my whole family and about 12 of us cram into my living room to open gifts after dinner. Maybe last year was the last time like that.
It could be perfectly fine. There could be a treatment by then. It’s so hard, I know. But maybe it helps not to worry about things that have not happened. And may not happen. And are far off.

Enough to fret about in the present right?

What is Hurricaning? I don't think I have ever heard of this term! I need a lesson :D
When it’s hurricane season in FL and we are without power - we neighbors gather for hurricaning - sharing supplies -cooking all our meats on grills so it doesn’t go bad - it’s a general party atmosphere after the weather bands leave our area and we wait for power sometimes 4-5 days to weeks - and we pool our beverages
Hence “hurricaning” I called it that in 2004 when we were hit with 4 in a row and without power for 6 weeks - it’s always stuck with me

International travellers returning to Canada are under mandatory 14 day isolation. They will be told when they cross the border into Canada what they are allowed to do. Too many people think that the rules don't apply to them, or that if they don't get caught then it's okay, but hopefully that will not happen. They can arrange for family and friends to drop off keys and mail, deliver groceries for the first few days. Many people are happy to help out if it means reducing the number of infected people.

Indeed. There are warning posters up everywhere. We even have groups ready to serve them by offering to bring their groceries and mail to their porch, but we've seen that some snowbirds just don't get it.

Oh please please rethink that. The melatonin isn't prescribed for sleep - it's prescribed for LUNG FUNCTION (sorry for the all caps). MELATONIN (just so others see it) does something to boost the resiliency of the lungs. I have the article somewhere (there's more than one). It either boosts a receptor or acts in another way to HELP THE LUNGS. It's not about sleep!!!!

Here it is, had to go retrieve it for you (and for everyone):

Melatonin and Respiratory Diseases: A Review. - PubMed - NCBI

Both of us are taking melatonin every night here to boost lung health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties