Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully religious people who give to the church will continue to give after teaching is moved online.

There are several different options for giving. Of course mailing in a cheque works, or making a donation directly into the church's bank account. Some churches have online bill payment options.

There are a few third party options like Donate to Canadian Charities Online | CanadaHelps or User Focused Technology to Power Corporate Giving and probably even Facebook donations.

Churches can set up a free payment app with Subsplash | Church Mobile Apps, Websites, Giving & More

The mechanics of how donations are made isn't as much of a concern as IF donations can be made. No doubt there will be huge financial needs which the churches will want to respond to if they can.

Last edited:

Hope you are all coping ok.

Happy Mother’s Day to all Mums and Grandmothers today. I know it is very difficult for many of us not being able to see them due to the coronavirus.

Off Topic- My Mum’s surgery went well yesterday thank goodness. Thank you very much to all of you for your kindness, thoughts, prayers and messages. They are all much appreciated.

Hope you are all coping ok.

Happy Mother’s Day to all Mums and Grandmothers today. I know it is very difficult for many of us not being able to see them due to the coronavirus.

Off Topic- My Mum’s surgery went well yesterday thank goodness. Thank you very much to all of you for your kindness, thoughts, prayers and messages. They are all much appreciated.

So glad to hear your mum’s surgery went well, gjr. :):)

Seattle

Private Seattle lab plans to process 20,000 COVID-19 tests a day
Friday, March 20th 2020

“SEATTLE — COVID-19 testing is getting a significant and critical boost.

LabCorp, a private lab that works with local hospitals and the Washington State Department of Health, said it will start processing 20,000 COVID-19 tests Friday, doubling its original target of performing 10,000 Covid-19 tests.”

[...]

“Dr. Scott Lindquist, the Washington State Epidemiologist for Communicable Diseases said increasing testing capacity is critical, but the state desperately needs supplies to collect samples for the test like swabs and tubes and the chemicals used to run the test.

“There’s some counties that have absolutely none,” said Dr. Lindquist. “We’re seeing federal comments about, ‘hey everyone can be tested,’ but fact of is, yes everybody can get tested if you send us the equipment to do the test.””

—-

Seattle Seahawks, CenturyLink Field committing more than $700,000 to part-time employees
Friday, March 20th 2020

“The franchise and CenturyLink Field are committing more than $700,000 to pay part-time employees who were going to lose wages due to canceled events. The Seahawks are also making an unspecified contribution to the Seattle Foundation’s COVID-19 Response Fund.

@margarita25 Does anyone happen to know the bleach-per-water ratio for killing CV? Tia. I want to stick all my delivered items in a bleach bath. I googled and it seems to be ok for plastic.

I felt like a loon because I put my mail in the freezer overnight, thinking it would kill any Coronacooties. :p Apparently it doesn’t, according to what I read online.

I actually feel calmer now, I watched several doctors with fancy titles on television talking about how the media and some talking heads are salivating over predicting the worst possible outcome in the US, not taking into account any methods being utilized to help prevent the spread. They explained the “end of civilization as we know it” predictions seem to be based on if we did absolutely nothing. If that makes sense? I’m not great at explaining things. I hope this helps to alleviate some panic.

One doctor thinks we should see a flattening in just a month in the US. (I’m not trying to downplay anything, just hoping to calm some people’s anxiety a bit.)

My local Walgreen’s and CVS are limiting items to people, an employee I am friendly with at Walgreen’s said as soon as they opened the door the first few people would come in and buy out stuff like toilet paper. Not sure about Walmart, haven’t been there for a week or so.

Last edited:
Echoes of 9/11, as New Yorkers cope with coronavirus outbreak - CNN

“New York (CNN)The gates outside the centuries-old chapel in the shadow of the old World Trade Center were padlocked as rush hour descended on Lower Manhattan's desolate streets.

"In care for our neighbors, parishioners, clergy, and staff, St. Paul's Chapel is canceling services and events until further notice due to the Coronavirus," read signs outside the Episcopal church on Thursday, referring visitors to online services.
The historic chapel, built in 1766,narrowly escaped being destroyed when the Twin Towers, across the street, collapsed on September 11, 2001. It became known as "The Little Chapel that Stood." After the terror attacks, it provided refuge to tired rescue and recovery workers, who rested on its wooden pews. Notes, cards and other mementos to the dead sprouted for months from those wrought iron gates, now shuttered by the pandemic.
200320105944-02-st-pauls-chapel-2001-large-169.jpg

Dust and smoke enveloped St. Paul's Chapel as one of World Trade Center towers collapsed on September 11, 2001.

"Our gates may be closed but our hearts are open," read the signs outside the chapel.”
-more at link

Coronavirus news and live updates: Coronavirus cases top 300,000 - CNN

28 min ago
German cases soar as Merkel considers lockdown

The number of coronavirus cases in Germany has increased by 1,948 in the past 24 hours to 18,610, according to the country’s agency for disease control, the Robert Koch Institute.

That jump represents a 12% increase on Saturday’s figures. Meanwhile, the number of deaths has increased by eight to 55.”

—-

41 min ago

“UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has warned that the country's NHS risks becoming "overwhelmed" by the coronavirus outbreak and that the situation in Britain is just two or three weeks behind Italy.

“The numbers are very stark, and they are accelerating. We are only a matter of weeks -- two or three -- behind Italy,” Johnson said.

“The Italians have a superb health care system. And yet their doctors and nurses have been completely overwhelmed by the demand. The Italian death toll is already in the thousands and climbing.

“Unless we act together, unless we make the heroic and collective national effort to slow the spread -- then it is all too likely that our own NHS will be similarly overwhelmed," Johnson said.
“That is why this country has taken the steps that it has, in imposing restrictions never seen before either in peace or war.”

Johnson’s statement was released on Mother’s Day in the UK. He is urging people to stay away from their mothers because of the virus – and instead ring them or video call them. Just a few days ago, however, Johnson himself said he hoped to see his own mother.”

Last edited:
Three doctors 'catch coronavirus' in SAME hospital: Junior medics, all aged 30, are 'on ventilators and not in a good way' after getting killer bug - as UK death toll is 240

Three junior doctors aged 30 are on ventilators after contracting the coronavirus in the same London hospital, as the death rate soared to 240 today.

Three junior doctors, all aged 30, 'catch coronavirus' in SAME hospital and 'are on ventilators' | Daily Mail Online

This is extremely concerning. I really hope these medical staff will be ok.

Three doctors 'catch coronavirus' in SAME hospital: Junior medics, all aged 30, are 'on ventilators and not in a good way' after getting killer bug - as UK death toll is 240

Three junior doctors aged 30 are on ventilators after contracting the coronavirus in the same London hospital, as the death rate soared to 240 today.

Three junior doctors, all aged 30, 'catch coronavirus' in SAME hospital and 'are on ventilators' | Daily Mail Online

This is extremely concerning. I really hope these medical staff will be ok.
Certainly we hope for 100% recovery. Also hope the FL party-goers around the same age see this story.

Hong Kong has reported 44 more cases confirmed over the past 24 hours, the city’s second highest daily increase to date, RTHK reports.

The highest daily toll to date was the 48 confirmed on Friday. The total number of confirmed cases in Hong Kong now stands at 317.

Out of the 44 new cases, 29 had recently come back to Hong Kong from abroad, including nine students who had just returned to Hong Kong, RTHK says.

Coronavirus live news: Iran and Germany cases jump overnight; Russian military medics to help Italy

Newsom orders state National Guard to help California food banks

“Gov. Gavin Newsom has ordered the California National Guard to deploy to food banks across the state that are being overwhelmed by people who are suddenly out of work as the coronavirus crisis worsens.

Demand for food has tripled in just the past few days as some people have found themselves suddenly unemployed and needing help.”

—-

“The guard could also assist local law enforcement if needed to enforce the governor’s executive order to have most Californians stay at home and businesses deemed nonessential to remain closed.”

Gov. Gavin Newsom deploys California National Guard to assist food banks during coronavirus outbreak

That animal-friendly, killer-of-Covid19 disinfectant I referenced the other night - I called it Just4. It’s actually called Safe4 and I am a bean brain :)
Apologies to anyone who’s been looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou