Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil has just announced its latest coronavirus statistics. Twenty five dead and 1,546 confirmed cases as of today. That is up from 18 and 1,128 yesterday.

South-east Brazil has so far borne the brunt of the crisis and of the fatalities 22 were in Brazil’s most populous state, São Paulo and three in the neighbouring state of Rio de Janeiro.

Coronavirus live news: Angela Merkel in quarantine; Spain set to extend state of emergency

#StayHomeSaveLives

Coronavirus News: Gov. Cuomo advises New York, 'Life is not about avoiding challenges'

Sunday, March 22, 2020 11:42AM

“NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo emphasized Sunday how important it is to simultaneously have a plan and stay calm during the coronavirus pandemic.

Cuomo said he is not minimizing the situation, but also doesn't want residents to overreact.

"The grocery stores are going to function," the governor said. "There is going to be food. The transportation systems are going to function. The pharmacies will be open. All services will be maintained. There will not be chaos or anarchy."”

[...]

"”They talk about the greatest generation, the generation that survived World War II, dealing with hardship actually makes you stronger," Cuomo said. "Life is not about avoiding challenges. Challenges are going to come your way. Life is going to you on your rear end at one point. Something will happen and then life becomes about overcoming those challenges. That is what life is about, and that is what this country is about. America is America because we overcome adversity and challenges. I believe that to the bottom of my soul we are going to overcome this and America will be the greater for it."”

I guess Governor Beshear requested that Kentuckians ring bells at 10:30, as the church bells would not be ringing. Many, many of my Kentucky friends did so. As I looked the their timelines this morning, I was quite moved by it.

Nice gesture of unity.

I read that the Pope is calling all Catholics to pray the "Our Father" prayer on Wednesday at noon Rome time. Although I'm not a Catholic, it's a great ecumenical opportunity and will join in. Does anyone know what time it will be here in the U.S. (East Coast) when it is noon on Wednesday in Rome?

This hurts my heart. If he is able to speak or hear, a nurse might be willing to do a short video chat late at night... she may also be so busy it isn't possible.
It never hurts to ask.
Sending prayers foe6your dad and comfort for you!!
Moo

thanks I'm not sure how successful it would be - I can barely hear him when I'm sitting right beside him and of course he doesn't have his hearing devices because he's afraid to lose them in the hospital

I just wanna go and wave at him through the window so he knows we're all thinking of him

The protective gear is made of a water-resistant polyester-type material, not cotton. Cotton absorbs water too easily and then immediately loses it's barrier protection. We certainly have factories that can make this.

Yes, we have factories, labor is the people.

3M makes N95s in several countries but only 400 million per year in the US.

Putting healthcare workers first during the coronavirus outbreak | 3M News | United States

Why do we use non US labor?
  • Lower wages
  • No paid health insurance
  • No sick or vacation benefits
  • No unions
  • Less tax from foreign governments
  • Less government restricts on employees, work hours and age of workers
Just say...
A $2.00 per hour employee with no benefits can make four mask per hour. 8.00 labor cost
US $18.00 per hour, includes insurance, vacation and sick leave.

Based on 4 mask, the cost per mask could increase by $4.50 per mask. That's a significant cost increase. I'm not sure that the US economy/citizens are willing pay to secure our future.

A dear friend and her DH went mushroom picking yesterday for outdoor recreation away from people. While there, they found what looks like a human ulna bone deep in the woods!

They brought it out with them, and drove to the police substation. It was closed due to COVID19. They were able to get hold of someone at the Medical Examiner's office, and the ME is going to come pick it up from them tomorrow.

Here's a picture of the bone, with ketchup bottle for size comparison.

View attachment 239889

This was found in Eastern King County, Washington

I hope they marked where they found it? There might be more buried or scattered.

I miss that too. My son just sent me a little video of my grand daughter playing in their yard. I usually spend every Sunday afternoon there with her. :(....but I am happy to see her playing so happily and it gives me inspiration and incentive to keep hubby and I quarantined and safe, so we can see her in the near future.
I can relate, and it is difficult. I normally watch my 2 yr. old granddaughter 3 days a week, while my daughter works. However, I also take care of my 90 yr. old mother, and we have self-isolated to keep her safe. I miss her so much, thankfully I also have received videos of her playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member