Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, don’t do it now.....lol.....I’m a chain smoker...sigh.....
Just glove up...bandana or mask your nose and mouth and go get enough.
It's a tough one.
Can you give a little info about the counties around you? I just would like to know about Sonoma more specifically.... do you see relatively low numbers so far in your surrounding counties???
This site has a lot of info Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS So far I see that Sonoma county has 73 and 1 death.

Exactly. I sure want to know how everybody is doing and talk about how this is affecting people personally, but the main purpose of this thread I thought was to discuss facts and information about the virus.

THIS VIRUS DOESN'T KNOW BORDERS.
We need to have a global and national perspective as we monitor our own areas. What happens in one place can affect what happens in another place. Everything is connected . . .
I don’t have time to navigate and find 60 different threads or however many there are now.

Snipped and bolded by me - EXCELLENT post. Wish I could like it a hundred times! Thank you margarita25!

We are a world wide Community here. Maybe if we agree to post info here and then on respective individual threads? I'm not going anywhere and they cant make me j/k Then again I guess they can.

As New York is the epicenter, can we discuss scientific and health matters as to how he is handling on this thread? I'll do a trial balloon as it affects all of us - New York spread is coming to a city near all of us MOO and we would like to learn/discuss on this main thread perhaps?

e.g. right now he is talking about how they are handling the greatest shortage, even more than PPE's, which is the health care workers. It is science, it is the VIRUS. I'll post this short one off so folks can understand how their jurisdictions might handle.

Paraphrased from presser

"Health care systems don't work as an entirety. It's not one coordinated system. It doesn't matter which link in the chain breaks, the chain is broken.

The state is developing an internet portal of health care workers to move them (78,000) around the state. Broken out by region, discipline etc and sharing with the hospitals that are in need most, so what happened at Elmerst doesn't happen/avoid"

Great idea! It's never been done before where hospitals shared, and I would like to follow as to how it might come to my state, which is 2-3 weeks behind their experience.
We've been doing this in Ohio for a couple weeks now.

We got an alert telling us. Or I did anyway.
I wonder if you got the same alert I did. About an hour ago. I was on the road. Told me to stay at home. Make fewer trips. Wash my hands often. Contact friends and family by phone and this:
“If you don’t live with them, you don’t visit them.”

This won’t pass soon.

And what county are you in Lilibet??? I asked @Squinchy about her county too...because I am trying to get updates on sonoma county. My sis-in-law is in a real small town..and I worry about her all the time...but just wondered 'what the gist" is with those counties north of SF.

I’m in Jackson county Oregon @nhmemorymaker. @Squinchy is in Humboldt county CA where I used to live. We had communicated previously on the thread so that’s why I didn’t name my county, but I should have for clarity.

Here is a link that will open to each county in a state. It isn’t always as up-to-date as local news, but it helps. It shows Sonoma county with 73 cases and 1 death. I think that may have been the first death in CA...an eternity ago. I hope your SIL is taking this seriously.

COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

If you click on the alerts button at the top right, it will tell you where it went. I'd guess it went to New York/New Jersey. I posted about a hoarder who was arrested and spat at the FBI (just not a good idea) and it was zapped to NY/NJ within minutes.
I can't even find New York/New Jersey thread. Where are individual state threads?

I'm a smoker, too - where I'm from they've prohibited the sale of both cigarettes and alcohol, classed as non essential items. We got less than 24 hours notice that cigarettes were to be added to non essential items and by the time I got to the shops they were sold out! Managed to get a few packets but am going to run out unless I drastically cut down!
Omg, is this in the U.S.?

The great cover-up of China: Beijing punished coronavirus whistleblower, claimed US troops started it and 'is STILL lying about death and infection figures' - so what CAN we believe?

China tried to cover up coronavirus and 'is still not telling the truth' | Daily Mail Online

#StayHomeSaveLives

"Beijing-based outlet Caixin reported that 'a couple to over 10 cases of covert infections of the virus are being detected, in China every day, despite not showing up in official data,"

I wonder if you got the same alert I did. About an hour ago. I was on the road. Told me to stay at home. Make fewer trips. Wash my hands often. Contact friends and family by phone and this:
“If you don’t live with them, you don’t visit them.”

This won’t pass soon.

Mine included: one family member in the store as well.

Jmo

Hey everyone,

Please move on from discussing the set up of the forum as it relates to general discussion thread vs the state specific threads.

This is as new to us as it is to all of you. Tricia has been made aware of your concerns and as soon as we hear back from her, we'll let you know on the thread. In the meantime, post as usual and we'll get it all sorted out as soon as possible.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and your cooperation.

ETA: As we speak, Ms Tricia is reviewing this. Give her some time for a jug or so of her preferred beverage.

Last edited:
Omg, is this in the U.S.?
Jeez alcohol as ‘non essential’. I’m in Louisiana & from NOLA. It gives me life now, well that & Blue Bell Dutch chocolate ice cream, although not at the same time.
Miss their peaches and cream & strawberries and cream. And Binder’s glazed doughnuts in the upper 9th Ward. Waistline? At least I have fresh peaches in garden till raccoons catch wind.

Exactly. I sure want to know how everybody is doing and talk about how this is affecting people personally, but the main purpose of this thread I thought was to discuss facts and information about the virus.

This virus doesn’t know borders.
We need to have a global and national perspective as we monitor our own areas.
What happens in one place can affect what happens in another place. Everything is connected.

We have to learn from what is happening in NY and what Cuomo is doing wrt to hospital overflow, etc. so we can all learn for when it happens to us. These are collaborative efforts. There is value in learning and monitoring collectively what is happening in the nation and world as a whole.

What is the purpose of this current main thread now? I’m barely seeing any news or science links now...

It seems to me the meat of the threads is disappearing.

It is difficult to navigate around several different threads.

I was here for facts, information, studies, reports...now everything is all over the place. These threads have gone through the cheese grater overnight. It’s going to be hard to proceed if there is not some unity.

I’m disappointed now there seem to be minimal msm, etc?

We are all going to miss out on a lot of important msm and information now bc it’s scattered all over the place.

I don’t have time to navigate and find 60 different threads or however many there are now.

We were doing just fine with the way the threads were before..what happened??

Well, at least I know now what happened. In the past month or so I have been so engrossed in this thread that I have had to force myself to do a chore or go to bed. I was just so drawn to everything to do with this topic. Then I noticed that the thread seemed so watered down. I just assumed that people were losing interest and moving on which I thought was strange for something so extremely important.

Even though I get next to nothing else done, I so wish that the thread would return to the way it was. It was such a comfort and helpful in this time of uncertainty and isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381