Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This New York county is running out of morgue space. It'll use a farm's refrigerator to store bodies.

There have been so many coronavirus deaths in a short amount of time in Suffolk County, New York, that the county’s morgue and overflow morgues are nearing capacity.

[...]

“At the early stages of this crisis, we were having conversations about suggestions of using ice rinks and stores with refrigeration to store bodies,” Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone said in a statement to CNN. ...

Bellone decided, instead, to use facilities on the Suffolk County Farm, which is run by the Cornell Cooperative Extension but owned by the county.

There is a building on site that has large, unused refrigeration system, Bellone’s spokesperson Jason Elan said.

The county’s morgue capabilities, which includes a refrigerated trailer from the state, are half full, Elan said, adding that another trailer is expected to arrive later on Tuesday. After those are filled, the farm’s refrigerator would be used.

[...]

Coronavirus live updates: Cases top 1.4 million globally - CNN

North Dakota launches app for virus contact-tracing

[...]

The app -- dubbed Care19 -- will help identify individuals who might have had contact with people testing positive for the virus, Gov. Doug Burgum said at a news conference Tuesday.

Users of Care19 will remain anonymous while the app traces their movements throughout the day. If users are found to be positive, they can provide their information to the North Dakota Department of Health, which will help with contact tracing.

[...]

North Dakota remains one of a handful of US states with no stay-at-home order during the pandemic.

[...]

BNO Newsroom on Twitter
UPDATE: Number of coronavirus cases in the U.S. reaches 400,000, death toll approaching 13,000
9:20 PM - 7 Apr 2020

BNO Newsroom on Twitter
12,469 Americans died over the course of 1 year during the H1N1 flu pandemic in 2009. In just over 5 weeks, coronavirus has been linked to nearly 13,000 deaths in the U.S.
9:40 PM - 7 Apr 2020

I must say, as a Canadian transplant into America (many years ago). How proud I am of the American people.

For all of her disruptive headlines, from media mongers. America, comes together when she needs to.
We saw this last during the 9/11 attacks.

The coming together of United States Citizens is everywhere in my town now. Again.

We are taking this virus seriously, we are united in destroying it.

Yes, some click bait news media will try to highlight those stories of those who are NOT taking this seriously. Do not believe them. They are miniscule numbers of loud mouthed idiots.

This country of IS taking this Virus, very seriously.
We are staying home, and we are United to fight this virus brought to our shores.

Then. We will be United to bring the USA out of perhaps the worst financial ruin we've ever seen since the Great Depression.

As a transplant, of the Great Country of Canada, living in the United States of America...
We will win any war against this virus. We have to, and we WILL.
My Opinion.

The article wasn’t really clear to me. How did she know they didn’t self quarantine? Did they tell her themselves?
I understand, I'm always questioning the truth to the articles also. Because I can't link a FB post, I can only say the owner of the cafe said:
Starting April 7th Penelope’s Lil’ Cafe will be closed til further notice.

we were notified we served a curbside order to customers staying with people from a state that is a level 3 that did not self quarantine. We want to make sure we protect all of our customers and our employees during this time. This is only precautionary! No one has had symptoms at this time but we wanna make sure everyone stays safe.

We appreciate all the call in orders over the last few weeks and all the love and support we have received.

We can’t wait to re-open and serve you all your favorites.

With much love
Brenda & Staff

She has had a difficult time in the past couple of years trying to make a profit, her fried chicken and meatloaf are the best. We are losing permanently a couple of restaurants a week due to being virtually closed. I have never even stopped by her place, we had so many good restaurants in our town, now maybe the only thing left will be franchise fast food places, Yuck.

MOO

I just saw a commercial with Ophra (sp ???) to stay at home. First time I have had the tv on in weeks. I hope she did not get paid for this commercial. I hope she did it voluntarily. Not a fan of her but I hope she did the right thing.

Yes, exactly.
Same thing happened with that couple that supposedly took the Fish tank cleaning chemicals and the husband died.
Press said they were duped by the president because they trusted him so much, etc....

Turns out there was way more to the story...the lady wasn't trusting the president's she hated him and said so on social media, many times. And she had mental illness and depression and wanted to divorce him...

Would ya have a link for this?

I understand, I'm always questioning the truth to the articles also. Because I can't link a FB post, I can only say the owner of the cafe said:
Starting April 7th Penelope’s Lil’ Cafe will be closed til further notice.

we were notified we served a curbside order to customers staying with people from a state that is a level 3 that did not self quarantine. We want to make sure we protect all of our customers and our employees during this time. This is only precautionary! No one has had symptoms at this time but we wanna make sure everyone stays safe.

We appreciate all the call in orders over the last few weeks and all the love and support we have received.

We can’t wait to re-open and serve you all your favorites.

With much love
Brenda & Staff

She has had a difficult time in the past couple of years trying to make a profit, her fried chicken and meatloaf are the best. We are losing permanently a couple of restaurants a week due to being virtually closed. I have never even stopped by her place, we had so many good restaurants in our town, now maybe the only thing left will be franchise fast food places, Yuck.

MOO

So it was a curbside order, and it seems to be worth of mouth that the people staying with the customers didn’t self quarantine. And the customers who actually picked up the order weren’t the ones from California. thanks for the context.

Uruguay confirms evacuation of New Zealand and Australian passengers aboard Greg Mortimer ship

d7698fe5-46f3-480f-a641-e162a8cc414f.jpg

Aerial view of Australian cruise ship Greg Mortimer off the port of Montevideo, Uruguay on April 7.

The Uruguayan government has authorized the medical flight evacuation of New Zealand and Australian passengers aboard the Greg Mortimer cruise ship.

That flight will take off on Thursday, April 9.

The Australian cruise ship is currently located off the coast of Uruguay. The Uruguayan government confirmed earlier this week that a high number of passengers aboard the ship have tested positive for coronavirus.

[...]

As restrictions ease, Wuhan is burying the dead

[...]

Apart from the easing of travel restrictions, there is another sign that the city is starting to move on from the crisis: It has finally started to bury the dead.

Grief put on hold: For months, residents in Wuhan had been unable to bury their loved ones, as the government banned all funerals and closed cemeteries on January 25. The remains of thousands of people who died both from coronavirus and other causes were stored at funeral homes. Families were told to await government advice on when they could be collected.

Many didn't get to see the body of their loved ones: To curb the spread of the virus, all bodies of confirmed and suspected coronavirus patients were taken directly from hospitals to funeral homes for cremation, according to a notice issued by the National Health Commission.

[...]

Funeral ceremonies still not permitted: It is not clear what rituals family members are allowed to observe when laying their loved ones to rest.

Read the full story here: China lifts lockdown on Wuhan, as city reemerges from coronavirus crisis

Grounded Singapore Airlines' flight staff become "care ambassadors" at hospital

577c093e-a0b2-4984-b802-50858388f4e0.jpg

Singapore Airlines' cabin crew help out a patient at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital as they begin their roles as care ambassadors on April 7.

[...]

The Singapore Airlines' flight crew will be providing manpower to overworked medical teams, basic care to patients, and nutritional care in low-risk wards, according to a news release from the hospital.

60982618-c886-4526-b858-6a4df1399423.jpg

Singapore Airlines' cabin crew are expected to work at the hospital for at least three months.
So far, 30 care ambassadors have joined the program, after receiving vaccinations and a medical screening, followed by a 90-minute hospital orientation.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members